Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - (7141 Views)

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods / Literature Section Awards 2013 / Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
Well people, it is finally here. After much discussion and a lot of talk, we are kicking off the awards and you can nominate your favorite story, stories and writers here.
We have some volunteers, who will be taking nominations and counting votes. They will also be helping to make sure it all goes well.
All you have to do is nominate your favorite story and we will put them in threads.
Now all you have to do is to nominate stories in this fashion:
Link to story, Author, and Genres
please note that stories started after October15,2014 are not qualified and unfinished stories are welcomed too.
Also note that a story can be nominated in more than one genre so don't let that stop you. The nominations will end midnight October 25, 2014. So Let's get started...
For more info
https://www.nairaland.com/1953789/nairaland-literature-awards-year#27220006
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Categories for the awards
1.Action.
2.Adventure
3.Comedy
4.CRIME
5.Fantasy
6.Horror.
7.POLITICAL
8.Romance
9.THRILLER
10.SCIENCE FICTION
Readers...
11.Best Commentator
12.Best Critic.
13.Reader Who Encourages the most(RWETM)
comments and observations
To know more
https://www.nairaland.com/1373321
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 1:46am On Oct 21, 2014
To Count the nominations
1.Action.-Divepen
2.Adventure-Texanomaly
3.Comedy-Aisha800
4.CRIME-Fatalveli
5.Fantasy-Kingphilips
6.Horror.-Fatalveli
7.POLITICAL-Aisha800
8.Romance-Texanomaly
9.THRILLER-Divepen
10.SCIENCE FICTION- Kingphilips
Readers...
11.Best Commentator- Texanomaly
12.Best Critic- Aisha800
13.Reader Who Encourages the most(RWETM)-Fatalveli
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by texanomaly(f): 2:57am On Oct 21, 2014
^^^what is the forth texanomaly for? The one toward the bottom with the 2 in front of it.
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Fatalveli(m): 4:17am On Oct 21, 2014
smileyWhen is the nomination gonna commence...
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by iceberylin(m): 7:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen cool
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 21, 2014
Texanomaly, it was a mistake,
Fatalveli, it is suppose to hhave started since yesterday.
iceberylin:
Divepen cool
Iceberylin, Yes.?
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by daveP(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2014
Okay...... Welcome
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2014
daveP:
Okay...... Welcome

Please, let us nominate People.
And let's this thread for Nomination only, while we comment @ the link below

Thanks.
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by daveP(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen:

Please, let us nominate People.
And let's this thread for Nomination only, while we comment @ the link below

Thanks.
pls mail me, wanna discuss urgent! Good morning
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by daveP(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2014
For category eight- I nominate PrettySpicey smiley
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by heemah(f): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2014
8..Temitope daniel,
9..Danwrites
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by alabig(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2014
Action: all in a circle by D9TY7. Crime: all in a circle by D9TY7.
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Aliyuozioma(f): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2014
4:handie
8:Temitope Daniel
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by bumsiee: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by bumsiee: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by bumsiee: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by donkizzydaboss(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2014
Crime- kayemjay
romance-kayemjay
thriller- D9ty7
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by jaymomma(f): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2014
Prettyspicey
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Hameenat94(f): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2014
Pls can I nominate 4 more than one story under same genre?
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by henryukwa(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2014
-ACTION: ALL IN A CIRCLE by d9ty7
-CRIME: ALL IN A CIRCLE by d9ty7
-ROMANCE: SHADOWS FROM THE PAST...(The past came haunting) by d9ty7.
-POLITICAL: ALL IN A CIRCLE by d9ty7.
-POLITICAL: THE FIGHT FOR POWER by d9ty7

this kid is gifted....
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 21, 2014
Hameenat94:
Pls can I nominate 4 more than one story under same genre?
errrrr.No
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by iceberylin(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen:

Iceberylin, Yes.?
I voted undecided
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2014
iceberylin:

I voted undecided
Under what genre...
Lol
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by iceberylin(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen:

Under what genre...
Lol
Action
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Fatalveli(m): 12:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen, can u pls enlighten me more about wat I'm supposed to do
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Emzypaz(m): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
[b]From my obsevation, it seems like most people here don't understand how nominations are to be done. And the reason for that is not far fetched.
That may be because they didn't bother to source more information from the last year's award and nomination threads.
LETS FIRST TALK ABOUT NOMINATIONS FOR EASY UNDERSTANDING;
I saw someone nominating by just mentioning the names of the writer and the genre without including the title of the story.
NB: Most writers here have more than one story in one genre, so please try and be specific.
- From the discussion thread, it was clearly stated that you can only
nominate one writer in one genre. Meaning, there are nine genres and you'll nominate nine writers, even though a story can be nominated in more than one genre.
EXAMPLE:
ACTION: The gunshot by Mr Abc
ADVENTURE: The adventure of Jim jim by Mr Cbg
COMEDY: Two cousins by Mr Ray
CRIME: The prisoner by Jayt
HORROR: Ghost city by Don T
POLITICAL: The election by Mr Inec
ROMANCE: Love in Tokyo by Mr Pilot.
Also, note that, The Prisoner by Jayt which was nominated in the crime
genre can also be nominated in the action genre so far it has both
embedded in it.
EASY COLLATION OF NOMINATION RESULTS;
I have seen some people nominate in two or three genres out of the possible nine we have. Please and please, those counting the votes and others are not robot.
When you have you list ready, do your nominations. Nominate in all the genre you have a candidate for to avoid mistakes on the part of the judges.
[/b]
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Hameenat94(f): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen:

errrrr.No
aiit
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
Fatalveli:
Divepen, can u pls enlighten me more about wat I'm supposed to do
you are to bring out the names of the people nominated under the genres you were given to count...
I.e the people nominated
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Aisha800(f): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
Divepen:

you are to bring out the names of the people nominated under the genres you were given to count...
I.e the people nominated
only the names, number nt included right
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by Fatalveli(m): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2014
Since there are no regular voting and nominations so far, I think we shud announce more often.... abi wat do u think @divepen cos I believe some people haven't seen nor hear about dis thread @ all
Re: Literature Section Awards Nomination Thread - by SexySapphire(f): 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
Action: Kayemjay's The Complete Assassin

Thriller: Kingzpen's On The Run

Romance: AudreyTimms' Unfulfilled Promises and Prettyspicey's Take Me As I
Am

Adventure: Royver's The Day The World Ended

Horror: Therock5555's Friday The 13th; The Haunted Mansion

Fantasy: Royver's The Day The World Ended

Comedy: DanWrites' The Village Girl

Political: D9ty7's The Fight For Power (aldou it's incomplete)

(1) (2) (3)

BloodLine / Black Diamond / My Encounter With Kate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.