Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Wisdom Tooth Problems - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wisdom Tooth Problems (4060 Views)

Whats Your Experience With Having A Wisdom Tooth / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record / Does Shaving Powder Cause Tooth Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wisdom Tooth Problems by DavidDylan(m): 1:46am On Nov 27, 2008
Anyone else having issues with a wisdom tooth or two? There's one on the left side of my lower jaw that causes excruciating pain every once in a while. I'm wondering if i shld have it removed. Its partially poking out of the gum though.

What do you think?

Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 27, 2008
I'll suggest you have it removed.

From what I know, it can cause infection, tooth decay, gum disease, and damage your nerves.

The best person to talk to: your doc.

eyah, pkele
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by HRhotness(f): 1:53am On Nov 27, 2008
u probably shd get it removed. . . i had to get mine removed becos it was growing crooked and pushing on d rest of my teeth. . . pain got so bad and d bloody thing hadnt grown out properly, the dentist broke a few bones to get to it
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by OgidiBoy(m): 1:59am On Nov 27, 2008
I'll have it removed as soon as possible. I was listening to the radio the other day and a commercial came on with some research group that remove wisdom teeth for free and even pay you for it. I don't have all the details but if I hear it again on the radio I'll let you know.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by DavidDylan(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2008
thanks everyone. Ogidiboy, u can shoot me an email if u do find those folks.

I was searching for a dentist desperately last night but miraculously the pain vanished. At least i was able to have something close to dinner last night.

HR.hotness:

u probably should get it removed. . . i had to get mine removed because it was growing crooked and pushing on d rest of my teeth. . . pain got so bad and d bloody thing hadnt grown out properly, the dentist broke a few bones to get to it

shocked shocked There's no pain today so i might adopt a wait and see approach. I dont like having a few bones broken.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by KarmaMod(f): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2008
Aw Happy Thankgiving btw

You're going to have to extract it Dafidi

For the mean time, go and buy Orajel! Smear it on the tooth, I swear the pain will go til you are able to see a dentist. Also take IBF

No icy cold water and try not to use that side to chew. Also rinse with WARM salt water
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by MrCrackles(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2008
Have it chiseled away dude!
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by DavidDylan(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2008
MrCrackles:

Have it chiseled away dude!

u have no sympathy for the suffering. grin

Thanks karmamod . . . i'm fairly ok for today. I will survive at least for the time being. wink
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by MrCrackles(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

u have no sympathy for the suffering. grin

I am only joking

U know i wish you all the best naw wink
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by tope2000(f): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2008
Awwww . . . . sowry david
hope u getting better sad kiss
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 28, 2008
Hi I had the same issue about a year ago but now the pain is all gone. Its just that now I have them growing out the sides of my gums. One on each side.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by DavidDylan(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
tope2000:

Awwww . . . . sowry david
hope u getting better sad kiss

lol thanks. I've been good as gold for the last 2 nights.

Fortissimo:

Hi I had the same issue about a year ago but now the pain is all gone. Its just that now I have them growing out the sides of my gums. One on each side.

shocked Wont you have to take them off pretty soon?
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2008
there's actually a dentist in this section whose offering advice
maybe you post there

i'll look for the link
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2008
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by H2O2: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2008
o dang. mine has been paining like a mf lately.   last night was awful
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Bubbloma: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
@DavidDylan,

Extracting an impacted third molar will depend on your age and the number of times you've had the pain amongst other factors including the effects on the adjacent teeth, for the meantime use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash 6x daily as most of the organisms are anaerobes.See a Dentist,a radiograph will provide a better evaluation.Good luck.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by DavidDylan(m): 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
thanks salsera . . .

Bubbloma:

@DavidDylan,

Extracting an impacted third molar will depend on your age and the number of times you've had the pain amongst other factors including the effects on the adjacent teeth, for the meantime use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash 6x daily as most of the organisms are anaerobes.See a Dentist,a radiograph will provide a better evaluation.Good luck.

hey doc . . . i appreciate your help. The pain has been fairly recent, last few weeks but i used to have bleeding in the gum a few months ago. I'm suspecting that is the culprit since it only happened when i brushed that side in the mornings.

sigh! I'll get the mouthwash you suggested. Thanks.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Hauwa1: 8:13pm On Nov 29, 2008
a good pepper soup on that side will help for night cure.
use bitter leaf water to gargle in the morning.
make nsala soup with lots of aligator pepper for afternoon cure.

do not kiss, kissing will make it worst. if you can find tiger (our mascot (go Tiger!), use the tail to rub your chin.

get well soon paddy David wink
nwanem, emi ni o grin
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by coopeast: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2008
Hi Doc,

Kindly help me out doc. I have suffering from mouth odor/bad breadth for couple of years now. This has been really embarrassing. I would appreciate it if you can advice me on what to do to cure this.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Hauwa1: 1:33am On Dec 06, 2008
do you floss
do you brush your tongue
do you gargle with water
do you rinse with mouth wash and gargle with mouth wash

if you do all of the above and still have the problem, see your dentist.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by coopeast: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
*Hauwa*:

do you floss
do you brush your tongue
do you gargle with water
do you rinse with mouth wash and gargle with mouth wash

if you do all of the above and still have the problem, see your dentist.
Thks, Pls what do u mean by floss? I do every other thing in your suggestions except 'floss'
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by Bubbloma: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2008
@coopeast,
Halithosis (mouth odour) can be due to local i.e inside the mouth, systemic (other parts of the body linked to the body e.g GIT or respiratory) factors it can also be psychogenici.e you just feels it smells while it is not as other people around you do not complain.Al these can be treated make sure you see a Dentist who will do a thoruogh evaluation.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by coopeast: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2008
Thanks. I really appreciate your contribution.
Re: Wisdom Tooth Problems by bintab(f): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
@David, the best bet is for you to have all the 4 wisdom teeth remove as soon as possible, all this remedies for pain relief are only temporary and i tell you .you are doing more harms than good by keeping them still in your mouth even if you did not experience any pain for a whole year. It is believed by united states dentist that wisdom teeth are not adequately taken care of because the tooth brush does not get to clean them probably and they are difficult to floss hence prone to cavities and consequently infections which will over a period of time spreads to affect the other teeth.Dear bro.hurry and have the remove,they can actually be remove under general anaesthesia if you are so afraid of the pain.I wish you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Home-made Natural Remedy For Morning Sickness / NINE(9) Common Things That Can Break Your Condom During Sex / She Died 18 Yrs... So Painful To All Unizik Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.