Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud (5171 Views)

EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / EFCC Arrests Sacked NIMASA Boss Over Alleged Multibillion Naira Fraud / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by Tonim(f): 12:44am On Nov 29, 2008
[size=13pt][url=www.nationalmirrornews.com/+">http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:LODDJUkbO54J:www.nationalmirrornews.com/+%22FIRS+Chairman+In+N36bn+Fraud%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]FIRS Chairman In N36bn Fraud[/url][/size]

http://www.nationalmirroronline.com/cove/article02

Serious allegation of looting and criminal diversion of $360 million (over N36 billion) has been brought before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) aginst the chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS), Mrs Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru.

She, alongside officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria are being accused of defrauding the federal government through improper remitance of revenue from Chevron Group of Companies into the nation's coffers.

In a petition sent to the chairman of the Economics and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs Farida Waziri, by Francis Mgboh and Co Fountain Advocate, Mrs Ifueko was said to have remitted the sum of $131 million out of the sum of $491, 509,203 being amount of tax revenue collected from Chevron Group.

The petition, which was dated November 17, 2008, was received by EFCC on November 20, 2008.
Others accused with Ifueko are Dike M.A., E. A Sulu and H.A. Ilo.

The petition states as follows:
Looting and Criminal Diversion of Govt Revenue to the tune of over 360 US million (N36 billion ) by Mrs Ifueko Omoigui Okauru, Dike M.A, E.A. Sulu, H.A. Ilo alongside officials of CBN.

The above subject matter refers. We are solicitor to ABZ Integrated Limited of Suite C1, Bensima House, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama Abuja and on whose behalf with instructions from the managing director, Fidelis Uzowanne, to forward this petition.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by RichyBlacK(m): 1:04am On Nov 29, 2008
Why can't Nigerians stand up to the few who push them into perpetual poverty?
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by shotster50(m): 3:00am On Nov 29, 2008
Lets just wait and see what the outcome will be.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by otokx(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2008
That woman has been there for too long but lets wait for EFCC to conclude the investigations.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by oderemo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
what investigation, all will be swept under d carpet like the rest , obj, ibb, sanator iyabo shall continue.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by maxell(f): 1:38am On Dec 01, 2008
This goes to show that corruption in Nigeria is not confined to a gender or tribe as some might like to believe.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by Muza(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2008
I knew there was something about that woman!
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by dnex(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2008
This is serious O! Thank God I haven't paid any taxes this year.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by Muza(m): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2008
dnex:

This is serious O! Thank God I haven't paid any taxes this year.

LMFAO! grin
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by debosky(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2008
This is a petition - essentially an allegation. It may turn out to be unfounded in reality.

I will wait for more evidence before passing any hasty judgments. If the money was not 'remitted', it must have been paid either to the FIRS or into a CBN account. Let the accused defend themselves and then we'll see.

Yes, I know this is Nigeria, but I do believe this is a malicious petition intended to slander the FIRS boss.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by Tonim(f): 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2008
[size=13pt]  EFCC Investigates FIRS Boss Over Chevron Tax Evasion   [/size]

By Chesa Chesa, State House, Abuja

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/head/article01

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has begun investigations into allegations of looting and diversion of $360m (N42.3b) levelled against the Chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru, and three other officials of the Service.

Also being investigated are M.A Dike, E.A Sulu and some unnamed officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) who were listed as accomplices in a petition filed at the EFCC by Francis Mgboh, counsel to ABZ Integrated Limited.

ABZ is a firm that served as consultant to EFCC to investigate alleged tax evasion by Chevron Group of Companies.

The firm stated that from its findings, which it carried out during the tenure of Nuhu Ribadu as EFCC Chairman, the said N42.3 billion was part of the recovery made from Chevron, but unaccounted for by FIRS.

EFCC's spokesman, Femi Babafemi, confirmed at the weekend that the commission was investigating the FIRS on account of the petition.

He said the EFCC had received the petition and has already swung into action, promising to give more details later.

The money alleged to have been diverted, was part of the $491.5m said to have been re covered from Chevron after the company was indicted for tax evasion between 2001 and 2003.

The petition said the money was eventually remitted to the Federal Government through the FIRS by Chevron in several installments but claimed that "the actual amount remitted by Omoigui-Okauru was $131m to secret accounts".

The petition further alleged that the proceeds of the diversion were expended in the purchase of choice houses and exotic cars.

The petitioners told the EFCC that the diversion was in collaboration with some officials of the CBN, and that FIRS officials suppressed all CBN advices on payment from December 29, 2005 to January 16, 2007, in order to conceal the diversion of monies recovered from Chevron.

ABZ Limited also alleged in the petition that the FIRS forged CBN Advice 013675 of September 15, 2004 with a view to diverting the first installment of the recovered tax evaded by Chevron.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by EgheEgbon: 4:00am On Jan 02, 2009
If this allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud against Ifueko Omogui and others is proven to be true, they have to be jailed. Ifueko is my cousine and i have experience of some extent to which the Omogui's can be fraudulent.  I am Eghe Egbon and have lived with Ifueko many years ago. I say to my fellow Nigerians countries like America,  England and other countries we respect and want to migrate to for a better life ''do not have the wealth, natural climate, manpower, skills or even physical cash'' as Nigeria. Their leaders did not bastardise their economy. Though there is credit crunch now, their government is fighting in unity to restore it for the better life of their people, their future and the future of their unborn citizens. Nigerians should stand for their rights, this money been stolen belongs to all of us, and not who is in power. I am not talking only on this case, but for all other theft cases or forms of Governmental misconducts. If America and European countries were like Nigeria, will Nigerians run there? Even our leader will loot and run abroad, when we are resourced and can be better than this abroad. Bear in mind the blacks in America did not have rights they fought for it and took it. So i employ the poor, middle class and even the  rich in Nigerian to also fight, demand for our rights and National treasure in our country. It has to be a National team work.  We must always ask questions, demand answers and check for proof.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by IGWEUSA(m): 4:53am On Jan 02, 2009
The court will only tell her to pay taxes on the she stole, as they told lucky igbinedion . sad
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by SegzyJoe(m): 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2009
@post
Half-education is a serious threat to our advancement as a nation, many have passed instant judgement on this woman yet its just a petition. Well, considering how some powerful forces fought her re-appointment to that office, am not suprised that evrything will be done to tarnish her image, as I said early on, it is still an allegation, let's wait and see.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by GEW: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2010
what happpened to this woman then?

Eghe Egbon:

If this allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud against Ifueko Omogui and others is proven to be true, they have to be jailed. Ifueko is my cousine and i have experience of some extent to which the Omogui's can be fraudulent.  I am Eghe Egbon and have lived with Ifueko many years ago. I say to my fellow Nigerians countries like America,  England and other countries we respect and want to migrate to for a better life ''do not have the wealth, natural climate, manpower, skills or even physical cash'' as Nigeria. Their leaders did not bastardise their economy. Though there is credit crunch now, their government is fighting in unity to restore it for the better life of their people, their future and the future of their unborn citizens. Nigerians should stand for their rights, this money been stolen belongs to all of us, and not who is in power. I am not talking only on this case, but for all other theft cases or forms of Governmental misconducts. If America and European countries were like Nigeria, will Nigerians run there? Even our leader will loot and run abroad, when we are resourced and can be better than this abroad. Bear in mind the blacks in America did not have rights they fought for it and took it. So i employ the poor, middle class and even the  rich in Nigerian to also fight, demand for our rights and National treasure in our country. It has to be a National team work.  We must always ask questions, demand answers and check for proof.
nigerians dont fight for anything. we only steal and pray not to be caught
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by PapaBrowne(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2010
debosky:

This is a petition - essentially an allegation. It may turn out to be unfounded in reality.

I will wait for more evidence before passing any hasty judgments. If the money was not 'remitted', it must have been paid either to the FIRS or into a CBN account. Let the accused defend themselves and then we'll see.

Yes, I know this is Nigeria, but I do believe this is a malicious petition intended to slander the FIRS boss.

Well said! Thanks for being a voice of reason!!
Majority of petitions written in Nigeria are baseless.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by monkeyleg: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
I think we should not rush into any conclusions, let us wait and see the outcome. If fraud is proven then the law must take its course
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by EmmanuelBanks: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
Tonim:

[size=13pt][url=www.nationalmirrornews.com/+">http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:LODDJUkbO54J:www.nationalmirrornews.com/+%22FIRS+Chairman+In+N36bn+Fraud%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us]FIRS Chairman In N36bn Fraud[/url][/size]

http://www.nationalmirroronline.com/cove/article02

Serious allegation of looting and criminal diversion of $360 million (over N36 billion) has been brought before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) aginst the chairman of Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS), Mrs Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru.

She, alongside officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria are being accused of defrauding the federal government through improper remitance of revenue from Chevron Group of Companies into the nation's coffers.

In a petition sent to the chairman of the Economics and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs Farida Waziri, by Francis Mgboh and Co Fountain Advocate, Mrs Ifueko was said to have remitted the sum of $131 million out of the sum of $491, 509,203 being amount of tax revenue collected from Chevron Group.

The petition, which was dated November 17, 2008, was received by EFCC on November 20, 2008.
Others accused with Ifueko are Dike M.A., E. A Sulu and H.A. Ilo.

The petition states as follows:
Looting and Criminal Diversion of Govt Revenue to the tune of over 360 US million (N36 billion ) by Mrs Ifueko Omoigui Okauru, Dike M.A, E.A. Sulu, H.A. Ilo alongside officials of CBN.

The above subject matter refers. We are solicitor to ABZ Integrated Limited of Suite C1, Bensima House, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama Abuja and on whose behalf with instructions from the managing director, Fidelis Uzowanne, to forward this petition.

hello
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by Racoon(m): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
shocked Another monumental fraud about to be exposed.No check & balance? How government appointees got to this stupendous corrupt levels call for concern.
Re: FIRS Chair In Allegation Of 36 Billion Naira Fraud by blackpanda: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
Very good! Jail her

This bitch ifueko refused to employ her people while she was in power rather she chose to favour only herself and north. North don use am dump grin

(1) (Reply)

Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal / Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes / Ambassador JT Kolo Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.