Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science (1020 Views)

Which Should I Study? Petroleum Engineering Or Electrical Engineering / What Are the O'level Subjects Required To Study Electrical Engineering? / What Is The Difference Between A Bsc(ed) In Electrical Technology And Bsc In Electrical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by Craigston: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hello. Nairaland. I have been torn among options of career fields to go into. Being good at different things can get you into some confusion. Now I'm considering EE and Computer Science. I need to know the pros and cons. I'm on my way to learning programming but I hate doing anything on the surface: if it's Computer, let me get all of the required knowledge, not just learning a programming language.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by SirHouloo(m): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
Considering your Talent and your likes, I will advice you to go for CSC. EEE encompasses more than computer, it is wide sort of.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
identify ur area of weakness.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by Craigston: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2014
SirHouloo:
Considering your Talent and your likes, I will advice you to go for CSC. EEE encompasses more than computer, it is wide sort of.
Thank you. I also have a desire for networking so I need a field that allows me to get into it (networking) if the need arises.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by Craigston: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2014
afolag:
identify ur area of weakness.
That's one thing. I don't have a strong memory and I'm not good at retaining digits in memory for a long time. But my teacher who studies Marine Engineering is so good that he remembers the values he's been working with from the beginning of the calculations even after solving pages. He can remember the names of the planes used in the 9/11 attack and names of planes and ships made by USA and Russia. When I study anything, I get to understand it well. But retaining it is another problem.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by SirHouloo(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Craigston:
Thank you. I also have a desire for networking so I need a field that allows me to get into it (networking) if the need arises.

I think CSC will give you all that. EEE will only brush through a bit of it. The ones U can't get in the classroom could be gotten easily from outside.
Re: Electrical Engineering Or Computer Science by Craigston: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
SirHouloo:

I think CSC will give you all that. EEE will only brush through a bit of it. The ones U can't get in the classroom could be gotten easily from outside.
Okay, so you would prefer CSC then? I checked other areas under EEE and I don't find any of them interesting. Just the networking, and if it is as you say, then I think CSC has me.

(1) (Reply)

Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate / Ijmb The Great Alternative To Gaining Admission Into The Nigerian University / Courses That Least Depends On Their Cgp To Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.