Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,200 members, 7,853,091 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Need Your Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Your Help (692 Views)

Ifeann And Others Who Can "Please I Really Need Your Help On This!". / Please Who Is A Member Of Scoan T.b Joshua's Church: Need Your Help. / Please I Need Your Help (spiritual Problem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Help by Aipete2(f): 11:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please brethren, am gradually falling in love with a prophet, he's happily married with three kids. Am so much in love with him that i wish to give him my virginity but i have to stop the feelings now. Please my brother's n sister's in christ help me
Re: I Need Your Help by Witwicky(m): 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
Aipete2:
Please brethren, am gradually falling in love with a prophet, he's happily married with three kids. Am so much in love with him that i wish to give him my virginity but i have to stop the feelings now. Please my brother's n sister's in christ help me
......chia why has all this fallen on only you.......:hmmmm did I just ear Vir...am I in nigeria or france
Re: I Need Your Help by Aipete2(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Witwicky:
......chia why has all this fallen on only you.......:hmmmm did I just ear Vir...am I in nigeria or france
Like seriously, am not joking about the two. Olorun
Re: I Need Your Help by MizMyColi(f): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
You are fanning the embers of a flame that may scald you for life.

Here's hoping this is a sick joke.

If it's not,, wake up ma'am,, wake up.

and when you do

Run
Re: I Need Your Help by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2014
It's still a temptation. So, quote scriptures, cast the thought and its demon away.
Re: I Need Your Help by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2014
First you should understand that love is a choice not just a feeling that burst out from no where and from your short story what you feel is lust not love .

so now you should choose to let go of that feeling the earlier the better, don't allow the devil use to bring down an anointed man , my dear you won't like the outcome . Secondly change your thinking , put your mind on God and other things even in his presence , the word of God has an amazing power to change thoughts .
Re: I Need Your Help by asalimpo(m): 2:39am On Dec 01, 2014
Are askg for advice or u just want to air ur mind?
Re: I Need Your Help by flourishG(m): 3:19am On Dec 01, 2014
Aipete2:
r u okay at all? U in love with a known married man to u? What da heck is wrong with u? U think christian is to b a LovePeddler? Get yourself together n thinking right. U lost hope in yourself n now u dam looking for another woman husband?
Re: I Need Your Help by paulworld(m): 4:52am On Dec 01, 2014
In the prophets voice, what about the guy that talks too much have you forgotten about him
Re: I Need Your Help by Nobody: 5:35am On Dec 01, 2014
Aipete2:

Our feelings are not educated. They give false information 'cos of imperfection which is in our blood. What you feel is not a true judge of what is real and good. The fact though is: You will always do what is in your heart. If you inwardly yearn/desire to do it, you will do it no matter the counsel here.

So, the pre-empting starts from your heart (totality of the inner person).

Here is how it goes:

James 1:14

But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death

What induces us to sin is not from God as verse 13 shows. But what pushes us to sin is internal.

A young man catch your attention. This could be for one of these reasons:

1. he is handsome

2. he is intelligent

3. he uses the right words that turns you on emotionally

4. he has a career you die for

5. he is caring, mild, humble, in short he is a shoulder to cry on

Many people's feelings will be ignited by someone who overflow with one or more of these qualities. But, that's not evil in itself.

The scripture quoted above talked about desires.

A desire can be good or bad. But the imperfect human tendency is to breed bad desires. why?

First, as imperfect humans, we tend to think so. Secondly, our desire could be as a result of what happens in our environment. The movies you watch, what you see your peers do and what has been admitted as "normal" can tell on your desires.

Now, having been cut by one or more of the qualities I listed above, you start to picture that man when you are alone. Normally, since our environment promote negative desires, you are likely to be fantasizing about immoral relations with this man while alone. That is where the problem begins. When you are walking on the way, in your private room, what desires do you fantasize about? when the immoral fantasy has gone on for a long time, the next phase will result, sin.

But be sure you will regret that action.

No doubt this feeling has been tormenting you for a while now. It makes you feel that satisfying it is like being on top of the world, but just a while after you having given that virginity, you will feel worthless. That feeling that has been tormenting you for days, or months will disappear. The man in question will loath you, and you him. You will die to have your virginity back, but forget it. Its gone.

What next, the wages of sin will come knocking. So, the fight starts from your heart. The solution to your controlling yourself is one prayer, get busy, and don't give a second of your thinking time fantasizing about this married man. therefore, the more you stop thinking about him, the more your chances of being victorious.

Matt 15:19

For example, out of the heart come wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, sexual immorality, thefts, false testimonies, blasphemies

Note: the heart refers to the totality of the inner person including your feelings.

Jer 17:9

The heart is more treacherous [or deceitful] than anything else and is desperate.
Who can know it?

The deceiver is in you, but God has given you the ability to control what you can think about.

To change your thought and think of another thing, use the formula that work for you when you are angry. If when you are angry, you breath in, count 1-10 and breath out, and the anger will be gone, do the same when the feeling comes, and then switch to another thought. But get busy, and reduce this romantic film watching and musics, it fuels the feelings. Some choose to have a silent prayer when the feeling comes. Better.

(1) (Reply)

Is Religion Divisive Or Unifying? / Is Spiritual Husband Real? If Yes, What Are The Causes, Effect And Solution? / Shocking News:The Ex-muslim Priest Said That all Muslim Must Change To Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.