Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php (1991 Views)

Get Your Form To Email Script With Auto-responder Facility. / Sms To Email/database System / Writing A Time Based Expiration Script Or Function Using Php And Mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by Zero2(m): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2008
To all webmasters in Nland,

I want to know if any one has the code for sending form content to email address. I built a site that contains a form where visitors can enter their details. I want to know if there is any way that when visitor submit this form all the content will be sent to an email address. Some one told me it is possible to use php script, but could not give the clue. Please if there is any one that can help me out please do. One luv.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by yawatide(f): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2008
I believe this issue has been resolved in one of the posts sent over the past week. Just scroll down, even if it takes going thru 3 pages. You wil find it. Better yet, look up, hit "search" button and narrow your search from there.

good luck!
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2008
Are you conversant with PHP? I have suggested that codes shouldn't just be given out without the person in need not understanding the code. Well, just a little stress to make you understand what it is all about.

Do you know what a PHP email function is all about? Do little research and post back. Once there is a reasonable research effort, you'll get the sample code to tidy your work.

No hard feelings about what you want please.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by bug24(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2008
lets see if this link can be useful to u

http://www.scriptdungeon.com/free_php_scripts/e-mail_systems/free_php_scripts.php

@ Omnipotens, abeg no vex o
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by smartsoft(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2008
true talk omni
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2008
@bug24

I kinda pointed out why this should be stopped right? Well, the deed has been done and what next
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by bug24(m): 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2008
Well, we just sit, with our hands on ur chin hoping he can configure wateva he downloads from there to his taste.

if he doesnt, he wil have to do what u had prescribed for him.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2008
@Zero2
Why don't you want to learn? You just need the code to integrate without learning how do code it. Who gains and who looses? I think it is high time we stop condoning people who are not ready to learn to make posts, questing for codes. Here is kinda place you can learn so why not utilize the opportunity to learn?
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by ThePhantom(m): 8:51am On Dec 12, 2008
Google it, then google it again. After you find the Code, if you need help that is when you post.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by tomX1(m): 11:46am On Dec 12, 2008
When someone comes on a forum and ask specific help (politely) he should be helped albiet in a manner that encourages him/her to learn.

When some one like this @zero2 guy asks specific code on a language he has not even bother to learn I don't supply such because peeps like that are market spoilers. These are the kind of peeps who go about under-bidding for jobs they cn't even handle and off load the technical burden on others (free of charge). Where I consider this dangerous for the industry is that it trivialises what we do in the eyes of a client. The client won't understand why you expect him to pay 200K for his interactive site when a certain zero guy did something of the sort for him once at 20k. He keeps looking around for zero-capability-webmasters and when one gets the contract, takes an upfront and realises he has bitten more than he can chew, he bales on the client. The result is that the disgruntled client tell all whom may listen that Nigerian webmasters are incompetent and not trustworthy.

Please let's not crap where we eat.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2008
@@tomX

Now you understand why I said no giving out of codes unless they are ready to learn. You have just read and said my mind. I had to start a kinda small tutorial for someone who has waited to get codes but never did. Now, he is happier knowing what the codes he is integrating looks like and works for.

@poster

Watch yourself well or you might not have any response to this. Either you are ready to learn or you are out of our programmers' world. Please, don't make us a laughing thing. Web Designing is there for you to learn. Just do your drag and drop thing thing. If you enjoy and want to belong to our world, EDUCATION is the first key before PRACTICE.

Good luck!
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by Zero2(m): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
Asking for the code is a part of learning. Why are some of us so greedy with knowledge. I said only those that can help. It is just a personal site. I just want to try if it is going to work and nothing else.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2008
Well, your only choice is to go and learn and be grounded. Better no trials because you cannot pick the key of a car and get into the high way to see if you can drive without first learning how to drive.

IMHO, you should just accept the fact that you need to learn and start learning ASAP.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2008
Actually, sending email is probably in every email tutorial i have ever seen in my life. it is one of the most easiest thing to do in php.
So if someone claiming to know php is askin me about that, i may not take too kindly to it.
However, if the question were to be, how do i send out bulk mails,
or sending mails to users on a database, now that is a different thing entirely,
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by mikkytrio(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2008
actually you would need a testing server on your computer before you can run php files and would have to save the whole site on it <server> you can download wamp server that is if you use windows and lamp if you use linux but which ever way just get a sever then you are on the way to start your php5 codings <scripting> when that has been done i would await your reply then i would paste the code and tell you where to paste it so that it would do what you want and make sure that the web sever you are using for the site supports php
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by Zero2(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2008
mikkytrio:

actually you would need a testing server on your computer before you can run php files and would have to save the whole site on it <server> you can download wamp server that is if you use windows and lamp if you use linux but which ever way just get a sever then you are on the way to start your php5 codings <scripting> when that has been done i would await your reply then i would paste the code and tell you where to paste it so that it would do what you want and make sure that the web sever you are using for the site supports php

I want to thank you for replying in this manner. I already have wamp server installed in my system. Please just send me the code. I really want to learn from the strach. I am a very fast leaner. Thanks bros you are a true lander. Hope to hear from you.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by OmniPotens(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2009
To all webmasters in the land,
I created a php script that send form content to an email address. at first it was working perfectly well, but after sometime it started showing me this (Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set(). before going to the redirected page. I want to know if the problem is from my web hosting company or my script. but i don't think it from my script because it actually worked at first. I have contacted my hosting company but i have not received reply. Please can anyone help me out of this problem.

Please can you paste your codes here for verification and I hope you have now learnt about the functions of the PHP mail function. How good are you getting on with your PHP tutorial as well?
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by teemy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2009
Let me see what I have here. Wait till Monday and I will have an all-in-one form script for you for download. (Easy to use). I do you need to learn so I will not be leaving out a manual in the pack. See ya.
Re: Code For Send Form Content To Email Using Php by teemy(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2009
Hi, as promised this is the download page for the multipurpose form script lowcostdigitalproducts.com/emailmarketing.html. Hope it helps.

(1) (Reply)

Adding Favicon On Your Webpages. / Earn Online Secrets Exposed: Case Study / Google Uk Adsense For Sale at cheap price - Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.