Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan (628 Views)

Why Obasanjo’s Third Term Bid Failed. Jonathan / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation / The South Failed Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 09, 2015
LAGOS—President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, flagged off his campaign for re-election with a declaration that his generation has failed Nigeria.

While addressing youths at the campaign ground, the President told them to work for the future of Nigeria, through hard work and dedication, adding that the youths are the ones to take the country to the moon.

He vowed not to resort to crude tactics to combat the major challenges of corruption and insecurity that have plagued the country.

He also said that voting for the opposition APC was like returning Nigerians to prison. Speaking before an impressive crowd at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos, the president directed his address mainly to the youths who he said were not privy to the rules of the jungle which his challengers were aiming to return the country to.

The president who had all serving governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and some principal officials of the National Assembly in attendance, repeatedly flayed the campaign agenda and endorsements received by his All Progressives Congress, APC, challenger, General Muhammadu Buhari.

President Jonathan, however, did not once mention Buhari by name in his nearly 30 minutes speech.

The president, for the first time, also disclosed that the October 1, 2010 attack by the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, on the Eagles Square, Abuja was an assassination attempt directed at him. Shortly after the attack the president had, however, absolved MEND from culpability. But yesterday, he firmly blamed the body which has recently endorsed Buhari for the attack.

http://www.rum704.com/2015/01/09/my-generation-has-failed-jonathan/
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Redoil: 6:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Trouble dey nigeria
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by RatandBot(m): 6:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by 1stola: 6:37am On Jan 09, 2015
you failed yourself mumu

2 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2015
His generation failed nigeria yet he wants to continue ruling.

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2015
My generation shall not fail.
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Orunto: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2015
Apart from Ukah, all the numerous Shekaus, working for the opposition, have threatened to kill our young President for no just course. We are praying and I know GEJ is praying too that his, GEJ's, generation will take Nigeria to the moon IJN AMEN!!!!
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by Flye: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2015
I hope he included himself because he failed us too.
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by theV0ice: 7:41am On Jan 09, 2015
A man who has being in govt since 1999 and has ruled as president since 2010 yet only started realising he needs to fight corruption is truly a failure. Truly his generation has failed but he in particular has failed spectacularly and irredeemably.

He said "I will fight corruption......" meaning he has never tried to fight corruption all these years but he hopes to start now.

But its hardly surprising when he already told us to stop making corruption bigger than it is because most of what is going on is mere stealing and not corruption. Its obvious GMB's campaign made him realise Nigerians were right about corruption being a big issue.

Smh
Re: My Generation Has Failed – Jonathan by johnmartus(m): 7:47am On Jan 09, 2015
This man deserve death with this sinister remarks even your born generation failed nigeria

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Youth Set Jonathan's Campaign Bus ablaze In Jos (photo) / Is Jonathan The Most Clueless Ph.d Holder? / Hoodlums Snatch 4,503 Pvcs In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.