Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,909 members, 7,838,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Expert Knowledge Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Expert Knowledge Needed (647 Views)

Dear Nigerian Car Drivers, Please Help Us With Your Knowledge / My Poor Computer Knowledge / Photo: Test Your Knowledge Of Car Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert Knowledge Needed by senator2k9(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good Evening Nairalanders...pls I want to ask a question coz I dnt know what it means, I've been seen tags on car engines like 1.6, 1.8. 2.0 and my camry is a 2.2 pls I want to knw wat this means..thanks
Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by earthrealm(m): 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
thats the engine size/capacity in liters
2.2 means the engine cap is 2.2liters
usually the bigger the engine capacity, the more power the engine has, and the more fuel it consumes
Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by senator2k9(m): 2:37am On Jan 14, 2015
earthrealm:
thats the engine size/capacity in liters
2.2 means the engine cap is 2.2liters
usually the bigger the engine capacity, the more power the engine has, and the more fuel it consumes
Thanks more Response pls
Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by lonelydora: 9:20am On Jan 14, 2015
Engine capacity is the volume of air-fuel mixture the cylinders can contain from TDC(Top Dead Ccentre) to BDC( Bottom Dead Center).

Assuming you are to pour water in the cylinders, 2.2 litres is the total amount of water all the 4 cylinders will contain. The higher the engine capacity the more power the car will generate.(There is more to this)
Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by senator2k9(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
lonelydora:
Engine capacity is the volume of air-fuel mixture the cylinders can contain from TDC(Top Dead Ccentre) to BDC( Bottom Dead Center).

Assuming you are to pour water in the cylinders, 2.2 litres is the total amount of water all the 4 cylinders will contain. The higher the engine capacity the more power the car will generate.(There is more to this)
thks ur post cleared me.....I appreciate
Re: Expert Knowledge Needed by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
senator2k9:
thks ur post cleared me.....I appreciate

so you are telling us that you didnt even bother to google

play with google

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To fix/Work An AC In A Nissan Primera / ACURA Thread / Photo: LASTMA Officials Challenge Police For Driving Against Traffic In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.