Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Are Miracles Selective? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Miracles Selective? (1113 Views)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2008
We hear of people being cured of cancer, diabetes, HIV etc

However, why don't albinos become black or amputated legs grow back, afterall these are medical conditions too.

People need to see glaring miracles, that will help win a lot of people to christainity.

I am a Christain, but I have moxed feelings about claims of healings.

Question is, is it real and is it selective? Please somebody explain.
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by AKO1(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2008
I agree with you, to an extent.

Little wonder some ministries keep their distance from the independent media.

Some people even go as far as thinking that it is faithless to seek medical verification of a so-called miracle, when they rely on the very same medicine to diagnose ailments. angry tongue

Are miracles real? Yes. Are they selected? My instinctive answer would be yes, sometimes, but since I have no proof other than hear-say I'd wait till we get to heaven when all will be revealed, if it takes that long.

Or like SirJohn, you could attempt to do some research for yourself.
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 19, 2008
@ poster
True talk, i have wondered about some issues relating to miracles too. I dont douby o, just wonder undecided
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
6 years and nobody can answer op . Where are all the TB and Oyaks apologists?
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by paulGrundy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
TheN1: We hear of people being cured of cancer, diabetes, HIV etc

However, why don't albinos become black or amputated legs grow back, afterall these are medical conditions too.

People need to see glaring miracles, that will help win a lot of people to christainity.

I am a Christain, but I have moxed feelings about claims of healings.

Question is, is it real and is it selective? Please somebody explain.

Good evening N1,
I understand the point you are trying to pass across in this forum, but haven't you considered the possibility that miracles of such nature (Amputee grown, albino healed) have happened and are still happening?
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 01, 2014
paulGrundy:

Good evening N1,
I understand the point you are trying to pass across in this forum, but haven't you considered the possibility that miracles of such nature (Amputee grown, albino healed) have happened and are still happening?

Really? I would pay any amount for video evidence. Surely with modern technology it would have been captured on tape. Awaiting your YouTube links sire or any other video recording.
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by paulGrundy(m): 8:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Gaggi:

Really? I would pay any amount for video evidence. Surely with modern technology it would have been captured on tape. Awaiting your YouTube links sire or any other video recording.

Here is the youtube video of a great man of God, late Kenneth Hagin lenghtening legs by the power if the spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQh_2h45CQ
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 01, 2014
paulGrundy:

Here is the youtube video of a great man of God, late Kenneth Hagin lenghtening legs by the power if the spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RQh_2h45CQ

Common! What those that even mean? Lengthening leg. The man wasn't even sure which of his legs was shorter.

I'm talking very obvious miracles sir. Like d cripples we see on the streets of Nigerian without full legs or hands. I hear of Aids and cancer being cured, illnesses that can't be seen. We want obvious in ur face miracles like Jesus did.
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by paulGrundy(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Gaggi:

Common! What those that even mean? Lengthening leg. The man wasn't even sure which of his legs was shorter.

I'm talking very obvious miracles sir. Like d cripples we see on the streets of Nigerian without full legs or hands. I hear of Aids and cancer being cured, illnesses that can't be seen. We want obvious in ur face miracles like Jesus did.

I knew there would skeptics who would try to dismiss this miracle. Hagin is not the first to be used along that line neither is it his first time. The truth is, even if a cripple without arms and limbs pops out arms and limbs, there would still be skeptics who would raise the bar just like you are doing.

In the 40's when miracles of healed cough and cold were common, they were dismissed as untrue, while skepics like you raised the bar to that of cancer, paralysed, raising of the dead e.t.c.

The problem is not with pastors, its with the skeptics. I believe that we are at the verge of experiencing a strong outpouring of the holyspirit that would beat the skeptics imagination, popping of arms and legs would become common, missing body parts would miraculously grow. It would be strong that skeptics won't be able to dismiss the evidence of its power
Re: Are Miracles Selective? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2014
paulGrundy:

I knew there would skeptics who would try to dismiss this miracle. Hagin is not the first to be used along that line neither is it his first time. The truth is, even if a cripple without arms and limbs pops out arms and limbs, there would still be skeptics who would raise the bar just like you are doing.

In the 40's when miracles of healed cough and cold were common, they were dismissed as untrue, while skepics like you raised the bar to that of cancer, paralysed, raising of the dead e.t.c.

The problem is not with pastors, its with the skeptics. I believe that we are at the verge of experiencing a strong outpouring of the holyspirit that would beat the skeptics imagination, popping of arms and legs would become common, missing body parts would miraculously grow. It would be strong that skeptics won't be able to dismiss the evidence of its power

We can't wait. Until then, we remain sceptical.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not Wanting Anyone To Perish / Winning An Argument Does Not Always Mean You Are Right. / Boko Haram To Poison Suya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.