Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Ten Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ten Commandments (1261 Views)

20 Commandments Of Muhammad The Founder Of Islam. / The Ten Commandments In The New Testament / The Ten Commandments Of Human Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ten Commandments by huxley(m): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2008
Looks like Christian of today have been remiss with their duty of learning and living their lives by the Ten Commandments. I would like to take this opportunity to remind them of Gods Ten Commandments and advise then to rededicate their lives to the Commandments. Please turn to Exodus 34 and let's learn the commandments anew:

1. Thou shalt worship no other god (For the Lord is a jealous god).
2. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep in the month when the ear is on the corn.
4. All the first-born are mine.
5. Six days shalt thou work, but on the seventh thou shalt rest.
6. Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, even of the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.
7. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leavened bread.
8. The fat of my feast shall not remain all night until the morning.
9. The first of the first fruits of thy ground thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother's milk.

Now I hope this terse version of the commandments assist your daily praise and worship of our Lord the Most High.
Re: The Ten Commandments by Kuns: 1:33am On Dec 30, 2008
Actually there are 613 commandments in the book of LEVITICUS of the christian bible.

They pale devils in the flesh only partially keep the commandments.

6 + 1 + 3 = 10

This is where they got 10 commandments. They lied because actually there are 613 commandments.

Don't believe me, check this out for yourself.

I know most men would want to be[b]lie[/b]ve that they keep the commandments of Thutmose (Moses).

Leviticus 19 : 11 and I quote in " Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."

How many of you shaved all the facial hair off your face? That's against the commandment of Leviticus 19: 27

This is against the law of the Torah which you christians passionately call your own.

Their are many commandments many of our people do not keep, if you want to know what they are ask.

Belief is ignorance, so you better ask.

The truth has never been told yet concerning the commandment and how they came about etc, etc.
Re: The Ten Commandments by Bobbyaf(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2008
The only law that stands forever is the 10 commandments. All other laws had their fulfillment in Christ. As a matter of fact the over 600 laws that were introduced over a period of time were so done because of the hardness of the people's hearts, and the need for Israel to distinguish themselves fro their heathen counterparts.

it was never God's intention to burden His people with restrictive laws, some of which passed down into the time of the Messiah that He often had to clarify contextually.

Now that the substance, being Christ has come and achieved His mission, certain laws are no longer necessary.
Re: The Ten Commandments by Kuns: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2008
There are 613 commandments and not 10 like you believers want us to believe.

Now don't believe me, check it out for your self in the book of Leviticus Chapter 11 - 19 is full of commandments to are suppose to follow asa christian.

If you say you are following the Jews then you need to keep all the commandments and not just 10.

Matthew 5: 17, 18 Yashua (aka Jesus of 2000 years ago) said and I quote " Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Yashua was refering to the law of Moses (Torah) or don't you think so?

Has heaven and earth passed away yet?

If not then why do you forsake the law, and claim there are only ten commandments?

The reality (fact) of the matter is that there are 613 commandments, not ten?

Satanist teach there are ten commandments, however, if you care to check it out you will find 613 commandments all relevant to this day and time, because heaven or earth has not yet passed away.
Re: The Ten Commandments by bindex(m): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2008
Kuns:

Now don't believe me, check it out for your self in the book of Leviticus Chapter 11 - 19 is full of commandments to are suppose to follow asa christian.

If you say you are following the Jews then you need to keep all the commandments and not just 10.

Matthew 5: 17, 18 Yashua (aka Jesus of 2000 years ago) said and I quote " Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Has heaven and earth passed away yet?

If not then why do you forsake the law, and claim there are only ten commandments?

The reality (fact) of the matter is that there are 613 commandments, not ten?

Satanist teach there are ten commandments, however, if you care to check it out you will find 613 commandments all relevant to this day and time, because heaven or earth has not yet passed away.

Kuns what are the commandments of your child molestor God? Is it how to molest young kids?
Re: The Ten Commandments by Bobbyaf(m): 5:55am On Dec 31, 2008
@ Kuns

Too bad for you, I am only concerned about God's moral laws.

Show me where it says that those laws were eternal, or was meant to be. The only law that is eternal is the decalogue or the 10 commandments.

Yet all those laws, including the law of ceremonies were fulfilled at the cross. The only law that is still binding on Christians is God's 10 commandments written by God's own hands.

Any logical brain or thought would realize by now that this dispensation doesn't operate like that of Moses'. Those laws do not apply to us. They were given because of the unique conditions that prevailed then.
Re: The Ten Commandments by Lady2(f): 6:16am On Dec 31, 2008
@ Huxley

DO you constantly have to be redundant? You are now acting like the very people you condemn.
Re: The Ten Commandments by arramyjay: 6:38am On Dec 31, 2008
I really dont care,If it is 10 or 1000000.
Re: The Ten Commandments by mantraa: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2008
The 1 Million Commandments! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: The Ten Commandments by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 01, 2009
I have said it before . . .
Atheism is a RELIGION which BELIEVES that God does NOT exist . . . even though it CANNOT prove that God does not exist.

(1) (Reply)

A Single Day For Intercession Prayers For Friends,families And World. / ,discontinued / Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.