Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement (2255 Views)

Fani-Kayode And His Wife After His Release From Prison / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations / Professor Jega’s Statement On Election Postponement: Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 7:19am On Feb 08, 2015
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has described the shift in the dates of the elections as a set back for democracy.

He said in a statement that the commission claimed that it did this because the security agencies claimed that they needed time to fight the insurgency in the North-East region of the country.

He said, “This is clearly a major setback for Nigerian democracy, and our party is meeting in an emergency session to study its implications and will inform Nigerians of its decisions in the next few days.

“In the meantime though what has happened is highly provocative, I strongly appeal to all Nigerians to remain calm and desist from violence and any activity which will compound this unfortunate development. We must not fall into this obvious trap.  Change we must. They can only delay it; No one can stop it.

I want to assure all Nigerians that the All Progressives Congress will not abandon its commitment to change and will sustain the struggle to establish a new Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/polls-postponement-a-set-back-apc/

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2015
Jonathan has just postponed the evil day!

Next Month Will Be A General March For Buhari!

6 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by thaoriginator: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2015
2nd to comment

I love APC

I love Mr Oyegun

I love Rochas

I Love Amaechi

I love Fashola

I love El Rufai

I love Osinbajo

I love Buhari

I love all members of APC

And all Nigerians that stand for democracy and truth.....

We shall March4Buhari against GEJ!

12 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by donsmall94(m): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2015
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by clevvermind(m): 7:25am On Feb 08, 2015
why is apc so afraid of this election
postponement?
it is for the good of Nigeria and all the political
parties.
if apc believed so much that they will win the
election, they will not be afraid of the poll
shift. they should keep calm. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2015
Disregard Any useless thread saying APC would boycott the election!

It is wishful thinking of the evil party (PDP) as jonathan's ratings is now near zero within and outside Nigeria!

[size=16pt]A man leaves the country ungoverned, death every where then runs into churches 4 votes. If the Pastors accept him GOD will not!
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by borntosave: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2015
Hmm
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2015
clevvermind:
[s]why is apc more afraid of this election
postponement?
parties.
election, they will not be afraid of the election
shift. they should keep calm.[/s] gringrin

Mumu! Who is afraid of election between The APC and The PDP??

6 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by enoqueen: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2015
this Jonathan is APA.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 7:30am On Feb 08, 2015
We fought Abacha & we will fight jonathan. we must remain determined; resolute. we go to March and beat the bandits

4 Likes

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by clevvermind(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2015
Clerverly:

Mumu! Who is afraid of election between The APC and The PDP??
failbuhari on point. grin apc no doubt are panicking with this sweet news. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Adetula1(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2015
now the "clueless one" has shown the world that he is still incharge.

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by briefness: 7:39am On Feb 08, 2015
This is very matured of APC. The strategy to ensure APC experiences campaign fatigue by running out of campaign funds will not succeed. Electorates will contribute if need be to keep the campaign going. The postponement only displays incompetence and strengthens the resolve for #Change.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Rilwayne001: 7:42am On Feb 08, 2015
Change is inevitable no matter how much they delay it.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by clevvermind(m): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2015
Why all the noise about change on the date
of election? Does it really matter? Is the
change in date gonna change your mind
about who you want to vote for? why are
most Nigerians so uncultured? Just hold your
breath and your PVC tight on the appointed
day you go and cast your vote to your
preferred candidate and stop all these
unnecessary noise and war instigating
comments.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Purehuman(m): 7:52am On Feb 08, 2015
INEC wants APC to pay their supporter march salary before sending them to oblivion.

We want transformation, not backward change.

GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2015
clevvermind:

[s] Why all the noise about change on the date
of election? Does it really matter? Is the
change in date gonna change your mind
about who you want to vote for? why are
most Nigerians so uncultured? Just hold your
breath and your PVC tight on the appointed
day you go and cast your vote to your
preferred candidate and stop all these
unnecessary noise and war instigating
comments. [/s]
You are not clever at all

General March for Buhari Insha Allah

1 Like

Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:57am On Feb 08, 2015
Clerverly:
We fought Abacha & we will fight jonathan. we must remain determined; resolute. we go to March and beat the bandits
you fought who? Abacha?...my friend shut up and stop lying. Where you d one that killed him, people like you can only run your mouths and have nothing to follow through with it....
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Sunky200: 7:59am On Feb 08, 2015
as if we'r that gullible to be ignorant of reality, even if dem shift the judgment day by 1yr Nigerian will still do the needful

vote out cluelessness

vote out jona
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Clerverly: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2015
F22RAPTOR:

you fought who? [s]Abacha?...my friend shut up and stop lying. Where you d one that killed him, people like you can only run your mouths and have nothing to follow through with it....[/s]

Why is jonathan afraid of going back to Bayelsa?
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by jorlons(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2015
ok
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2015
PDP wants to frustrate APC,but they can't.

Its obvious PDP are loosing it,they are just postponing the evil days.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by joseph1832(m): 8:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Come March 28, if our security agencies have not totally and completely annihilated Boko Haram then, it will be very obvious that the Nigeria Military are a bunch of inept individuals, just like their Commander In Chief!.

And if by that time, the whole country haven't yet collected their PVC (those who registered) then we know that indeed, some Nigerians (those who call for the postponing of the election base on this reason) are very senseless!.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by joseph1832(m): 8:30am On Feb 08, 2015
clevvermind:
why is apc so afraid of this election
postponement?
parties.
election, they will not be afraid of the poll
shift. they should keep calm. gringrin
And just why do you think the PDP twisted Jega's arm to postpone the election? If it truly favours them, do you think they'll call for the postponement of the election?.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by baybeeboi: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2015
GEJ till.........
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by vega84(m): 9:07am On Feb 08, 2015
Ammmm Oga fr the Broom people, I only wish to ask u WHY THE RUSH? And HW IS THIS A SET BK to our democracy? Dnt u think is better they delay it bt gets it right, rather than rush it and miss it! The security agencies that will play major roles said they will nt be available fr the time being. So wat else could u hav suggested INEC should do? U see it seems the BROOM people is sooo desperate fr this election, I wonder who gav u the impression that it must go in ur favour. #vegatalks#
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by gists: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2015
baybeeboi:
GEJ till.........
GEJ till March 2015
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by gists: 9:15am On Feb 08, 2015
vega84:
Ammmm Oga fr the Broom people, I only wish to ask u WHY THE RUSH? And HW IS THIS A SET BK to our democracy? Dnt u think is better they delay it bt gets it right, rather than rush it and miss it! The security agencies that will play major roles said they will nt be available fr the time being. So wat else could u hav suggested INEC should do? U see it seems the BROOM people is sooo desperate fr this election, I wonder who gav u the impression that it must go in ur favour. #vegatalks#
This is the dumbest thing I have heard from the military in recent time. Are they saying they are going to leave the entire country unprotected simply because they want to focus on BH? If they don't have enough personnel to provide security during election, where did the ones that came out to intimidate people come from?
Just when we want to get ramp up our support for the army even more in their fight against BH, GEJ decided to turn the army against us and even shamelessly tell us they can't protect the nation because of a fight against BH (which by the way smaller neighboring countries are spare heading).
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by vega84(m): 9:47am On Feb 08, 2015
gists:

This is the dumbest thing I have heard from the military in recent time. Are they saying they are going to leave the entire country unprotected simply because they want to focus on BH? If they don't have enough personnel to provide security during election, where did the ones that came out to intimidate people come from?
Just when we want to get ramp up our support for the army even more in their fight against BH, GEJ decided to turn the army against us and even shamelessly tell us they can't protect the nation because of a fight against BH (which by the way smaller neighboring countries are spare heading).
. I gree bt remeber this is politics african politics fr that matter, do u expect pdp to jst lose election jst like that? They hav to try to twist the odds 1st, That's is why APC should nt complain and make their own plans as well in case pdp hav some ill intentions. Apc should be in a rush if they are really sure that they will win. #vegatalks#
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by baybeeboi: 9:55am On Feb 08, 2015
gists:

GEJ till March 2015
wake up...up....up.....up.
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by thewarrior72: 10:53am On Feb 08, 2015
thaoriginator:
2nd to comment

I love APC

I love Mr Oyegun

I love SHAKUR

I Love Amaechi

I love Fashola

I love El Rufai

I love Osinbajo

I love Buhari

I love all members of APC

And all Nigerians that stand for democracy and truth.....

We shall March4Buhari against GEJ!
Now I know u are a boko haram supporter
Re: Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement by thewarrior72: 11:04am On Feb 08, 2015
Clerverly:
What are u coward doing online? You should be in streets protesting by now. Oh u thought we've forgotten all the threat issued by APC on how they will burn down the country if election is postponed?. The election has'b shifted, therefore hit the streets coward tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidents Buhari And Obama Shaking Hands And Exchanging Greetings (photo) / President Muhammadu Buhari Is A Pedophile / PHOTOS: Okada Rider's Head Crushed By Trailer In Ketu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.