Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? (833 Views)

Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot) / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
It all started December last year, we had declined to an invite to bid for a contract in a company (name withheld).

Fast forward, this evening, my boss called me into his office and told me that the contract which we earlier declined in the bidding was yet to be awarded to any firm.

He however asked to me to resend some of our company's documents which I've once sent to the said company before.

My Supposed Fault

Except for the bidding documents which I prepared earlier, I didn't send any other ones to the company. Therefore, I resent them again confirming our interest in the bid.

But the procurement officer on the one end, later called to tell that those weren't the required documents that he asked for.

Upon the clarification, I started preparing the new ones.

Alas! My boss haven seen the emails started raining abuses on me, calling me an incompetent person (it went down into my soul).
Shouting and yelling on top of his voice how I made his company looks incompetent to the other one. And how foolish I was (damn).

Even though, this is a clear case of misconception. Please Nlanders, Who's fault was it from the onset.

1. He didn't spell out the types of documents that they requested.

2. He didn't tell me that our stand on not participating was still firm.

Therefore, who is to blame?
Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Kimmo(f): 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
Simply put, you're a handy scapegoat. We've all been there before, at least I definitely have, although sometimes it was my fault too.
Pele kiss

To be fair to your boss, he may have expected that you'd know enough to send the different set of documents, depending on your usual bidding procedure.
Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kimmo:
Simply put, you're a handy scapegoat. We've all been there before, at least I definitely have, although sometimes it was my fault too.
Pele kiss

To be fair to your boss, he may have expected that you'd know enough to send the different set of documents, depending on your usual bidding procedure.

Hmm... Thanks! But I wonder why the insults.
Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by uboma(m): 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
@ op, All you could have done was ask your Boss the type of document to send. You did not ask and so he assumed that you could handle it, and you proved him wrong.

Next time, it pays to double check with your Boss especially on issues of corresponding with other companies.
Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
uboma:
@ op, All you could have done was ask your Boss the type of document to send. You did not ask and so he assumed that you could handle it, and you proved him wrong.

Next time, it pays to double check with your Boss especially on issues of corresponding with other companies.

That's true though. But he asked me to resend he documents I had earlier sent to the other company officer. Funny enough, the only documents in our email conversation were the ones I resent.

I even tried to show him before I sent them, but he was too reluctant to take a look at them.
Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
If your boss makes a mistake in the office no one notices but if an employee makes same mistake everybody will know, simply put, u were just the scape goat, take heart and work smarter to be your own boss

1 Like

Re: Between My Boss And I, Who Was Wrong? by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 10, 2015
edozie04:
If your boss makes a mistake in the office no one notices but if an employee makes same mistake everybody will know, simply put, u were just the scape goat, take heart and work smarter to be your own boss

Yes! I started thinking about that immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Oriflame Cosmetics (beauty And Money) / How Successful People Spent Their Time When They Were Young / What Kind Of Products Can A Biochemist Produce In His Own Establishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.