Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

You Will Never Know This! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Will Never Know This! (694 Views)

Tiwa Savage Will Never Know Rest - Tee / Did You Know This About The 2b Exercise Book? / Today's Kid Will Never Know This.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Never Know This! by frodobee: 6:23am On Feb 25, 2015
How Oyelowo David was snubbed at the Oscar.

The Theory of Everything star and newly-crowned Best Actor winner Eddie Redmayne certainly did the work both onscreen and on the campaign trail to win an Oscar on Sunday night. But after watching this video above of David Oyelowo giving it his all as Martin Luther King, Jr. in Selma, the actor’s wing of the Academy may be regretting not including him among the nominees. 

Selma director Ava DuVernay tweeted out the video last night with the message, “I never shared this. I saved it for today. A special outtake of my hero. I love you, David. You are my Best Actor.” The moving clip shows Oyelowo’s final day on set, when he was filming King’s Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech. We see his masterful interpretation of King’s oratory and then hear DuVernay out-of-frame say, “Hold your applause until I say, ‘It’s a picture wrap on David Oyelowo.’” An emotional Oyelowo breaks down in tears and embraces DuVernay as he gets a standing ovation from the cast. 

Oyelowo was famously snubbed in the Oscar Best Actor category despite a remarkable performance in the Best Picture nominee. He has been quite gracious over the last month, attending awards shows in support of the film, which lost Best Picture on Sunday to Birdman. But still, the snub — which left the Best Actor category filled with white men — has not gone forgotten.

DuVernary has largely stayed above the fray, but in Berlin earlier this month, she told press that she was “disappointed” by the Oyelowo snub, saying that "I don’t need anyone to tell me that it’s one of the best performances of 2014."

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ava-duvernay-posts-david-oyelowo-selma-111861452977.html

Re: You Will Never Know This! by Miraclestar: 7:20am On Feb 25, 2015
Rilli unbelievable...
Re: You Will Never Know This! by frodobee: 7:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Miraclestar:
Rilli unbelievable...
@Miraclestar thank me now, cuz now you can believe.
Re: You Will Never Know This! by Miraclestar: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
frodobee:

@Miraclestar thank me now, cuz now you can believe.
Aii..tnx tnx tnx... Hop dtz enof..
Re: You Will Never Know This! by frodobee: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
Miraclestar:

Aii..tnx tnx tnx... Hop dtz enof..

*looks up, thinking* ehmm let's say u add some sweet tears like David did at the Oscars.
But seriously, this racism thingy get as e be o!

(1) (Reply)

OMG!!! THESE 15 PHOTOS Will Make You Feel Mad At Yourself / A Very Disturbing Trend On Nairaland. / Five Types Of Boss You Don't Want To Work With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.