Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 (1445 Views)

Why Does My Honda Accord Consume More Fuel Than It's Counterparts / Need Help To Resolve Error Code C1201 In 2010 Rav4 / A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by murtala120: 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
I bought a new gearbox for my honda end of discussion but the selection malfunction when the car heats up. And the computer scan kept showing p0780 as error code. I have changed one of gear sensors and changed the gearbox oil like 3 times. What do I do please am out of options please
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by nonso84(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Check this out:
Possible causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shifting solenoid valve
- Shifting solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Shifting solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
What does this mean? What does this mean?
When is the code detected?
The P0780 codes is detected when no rotation change occurs between input (turbine revolution sensor) and output (revolution sensor) and shifting time is long or when shifting ends immediately or when engine revs up unusually during shifting.
Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0780_honda.html#ixzz3Swbk6bOK

1 Like

Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
In the Nissan world, that would require a valve body change. It's probably the same for you too. Those faulty solenoids are in the valve body.
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by luvinhubby(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
murtala120:
I bought a new gearbox for my honda end of discussion but the selection malfunction when the car heats up. And the computer scan kept showing p0780 as error code. I have changed one of gear sensors and changed the gearbox oil like 3 times. What do I do please am out of options please
Very strong possibility of a faulty transmission system, may have to replace the gear.
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by murtala120: 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
@lovinghubby I just got this gearbox on the 19th of December. I can't afford another one now can't it be fixed
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by Kashif(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
I feel your pain. Let them have your solenoids checked. Unfortunately, the only way our techs know how to check solenoids is to make it click. A failing solenoid may still click! I weep for anyone who has transmission problem, because there are no qualified techs. No tools! You must have lost the warranty on it since December.
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by DECOtech(m): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2015
luvinhubby:

Very strong possibility of a faulty transmission system, may have to replace the gear.
No, he doesn't need to get another transmission just yet.

murtala120:
@lovinghubby I just got this gearbox on the 19th of December. I can't afford another one now can't it be fixed
All you need is thorough trouble shooting of the problem like someone earlier listed a number of possible causes on this thread

What you should do is find a tech who would be patient enough to trace and find the problem of your transmission.
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by davodyguy: 7:13am On Mar 01, 2015
Costee:
In the Nissan world, that would require a valve body change. It's probably the same for you too. Those faulty solenoids are in the valve body.
No

My former maxima had same issue but a 3000 naira sensor change, stopped the problem

solenoids were checked, VSS was checked, yet no solution.

The guy should check all the sensors
Re: My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
davodyguy:
No

My former maxima had same issue but a 3000 naira sensor change, stopped the problem

solenoids were checked, VSS was checked, yet no solution.

The guy should check all the sensors
Did your Maxima pull the P0780 code?
"The guy should check all the sensors"! I'm afraid you have very little idea about these issues.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Economy/mpg Calculations / I Need A 4 Doors Nd Floor Gear Ford F150 2014 Or Above / How Much Would You Buy A Ford Transit Van 2006 Model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.