Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe (6424 Views)

INSURE YOUR NEW DEVICE'S SCREEN WITH CARLCARE AT A TOKEN!!! / How To Unroot Your Android Device Using King Root / Is Your Android Phone Malfunctioning? Get Help Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by luigiajah(m): 5:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Nowadays, smartphones and tablets come with the toughest and most scratch-resistant touch screen panels, thanks to such materials like Corning Gorilla Glass. It takes a lot to break and damage them. This, on the other hand, is not impossible if you behave recklessly with your Android device. Here are our tips on how to protect your Android touch screen.

1. Choose your tool wisely!

Only use your fingers or stylus, if one comes with the device, like on the Galaxy Note 3 for example. The Sony Xperia Z Ultra allows you to use pencils on the display, however this should not be done with any other device.

Only use your stylus or finger on an Android touch screen, and for pete's sake, be gentle! © androidpit
2. Know its limits

Avoid letting your touch screen come into contact with other electrical devices. There are many people who think that magnets will damage your phone, when in fact it likely won’t. The only thing that a magnet might do is mess up your built-in magnetic sensor which is used for compass apps.

3. Try not to get shocked

Electrostatic discharges, meaning a sudden surge of electricity between two connected electrical devices, could ultimately cause the touchscreen to malfunction. This might happen when your smartphone is placed near an object isolated to the ground that conducts electricity.

4. Be gentle, use with care!

This may seem obvious, but do not tap your phone with any sharp objects or bang it to make it work if it’s being laggy. Your smartphone isn’t like your old TV set. Also, though you might get over excited while playing Candy Crush, do not apply excessive pressure to the display.

5. Don't let it idle

Ever heard of the term burn-in? This is what sometimes happens when you leave the touchscreen idle for an extended amount of time without deactivating the display. What you’ll see when you switch to something new is an afterimage, ghosting or screen burn-in, all terms apply here. If this is happening to you, check out how to fix a screen burn-in. One of the best ways to prevent this from happening though, is to set the lock screen to turn off after a certain amount of time in the settings of your smartphone or tablet under the lock screen section.

6. It's better to be safe than sorry, wear protection!

Invest in a screen protector, sleeve, padded bag or hard case for your tablet or smartphone. There are many cheap but effective ones that you can find on Amazon, WalMart, eBay etc. If you drop your phone, scratches are the least of your worries, but shattering or cracking can happen even with the most durable of panels.

7. The sun isn't your friend

Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Leaving your smartphone or tablet with an LCD display out on the patio in mid-summer can really damage the quality.

8. Treat it like a diva

When cleaning your display, use a microfiber cloth, which is ideal for touch screens. You can even use the one that came with your sunglasses. Be careful if using a moist cloth. Simply dampen it slightly or breath on the screen and then wipe it down gently. If you do end up using water, make sure that it is distilled water since normal tap water often carries calcium and other types of minerals, and do not over-rub. Let your phone air dry if there is any water left over so that you don’t accidentally push any liquid into the phone’s inner hardware.

What tips do you recommend when it comes to taking care of your touch screen?

http://www.androidpit.com/8-tips-on-how-to-protect-your-android-touchscreen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by ademega(m): 7:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Good points. It needs prayers and God guidance too. No matter what, one can't be careful enough

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Warlord3000(m): 11:33am On Mar 08, 2015
I still can't believe some funny peeps still keep their fones in their back pockets shocked

75 percent chance of ruining it cheesy

OYO lowa o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by maddman: 11:57am On Mar 08, 2015
I just came here to read the comments

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by dasphinx1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nice one OP.... Thumbs up wink
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by ujahboy(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Seconded @op tanx
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by badbros(m): 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
Warlord3000:
I still can't believe some dummy heads still keep their fones in their back pockets shocked
75 percent chance of ruining it cheesy
My phone is always at d back of my pocket when am going out, it doesn't mean am not conscious of it. Mind ur language!

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Whizpeter(m): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nice write up
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Profcamsey(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
is that all you have ?

Jonathan has done good. buhari will do better. a like for change 2015

7 Likes

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by free2ryhme: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=luigiajah post=31410395][/quote]

Mod's e be like say una no get work sha undecided
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by drnairalov: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2015
team I phone... my I pad battrey was low so I decided to charge it while placing it on the floor, Grandma though it was a Weight scale and stood on it ...

to cut the long story short Grandma weighs #150,000 cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2015
undecided

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by iwezor1(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2015
Click like if your team BLACKBERRY
OR
Click share if your team ANDROID. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by salvatore007(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2015
Avoid playing heavy games
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by pweetixandy: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Are u not a nigerian?! Ehn,u forgot to add PRAY smiley
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by oneda(m): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
well written
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Kelklein(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2015

pls anyone with big-mouth charger in the house??

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2015
avoid keeping it in your pocket with car keys
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by LewisO: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2015
[size=15pt]I don't even need someone telling how to keep my phone well!

Anyway Noted!

Sai Buhari[/size]
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by ifoundmyperfect: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2015
I don't joke with my LG -G3... Shez my #2 chic... cool grin
I fit to wear her helmet if possible sef.. tongue
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Warlord3000(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2015
Car keys and phone...

Bad combo..
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by SmooshCHN: 11:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Most importantly keep it away from your MAIN CHICK. grin grin grin
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by akinswaggs(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2015
Great Tip, i believe everyone does this
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Monzuur(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Adyrin(m): 11:30am On Mar 10, 2015
Blackberry Passport!
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2015
Also using Tampared glass instead of the normal screen protector will protect screen from accidental damage.
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by OTOliveOnline: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2015
Good!

For all electronics at affordable price, see my signature. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by danielblessing(m): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Noted
Re: Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe by initialize(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Jiayu S3 3GB RAM Version

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp New Update Looks More Beautiful / The Tesla Pi Phones From Elon Musk Could Dethrone Apple’s Iphones / LG Thread, Rumours And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.