Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Handiwork!!! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Handiwork!!! (1556 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handiwork!!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 08, 2015
Good morning and happy sunday to you all...

Please I need an advise from the good people of nairaland.

I want to learn an Handiwork but a bit confused on which of these two to go for : tailoring(fashion designing) or hair dressing.

Advise me please....
Re: Handiwork!!! by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2015
I'd suggest you go with the first you mentioned.
Re: Handiwork!!! by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Tanx bt y did u suggest that? Any reason?
Re: Handiwork!!! by Godmother(f): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kinkynature:
Tanx bt y did u suggest that? Any reason?

Because you mentioned it first, so its most like your first passion
Re: Handiwork!!! by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 09, 2015
Thank you @ Godmother. I hv actually decided to go for tailoring but I still need an advise on where to learn it. Should I go to a fashion school or a roadside tailoring shop?
Re: Handiwork!!! by mubarak001(m): 2:47pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=Kinkynature post=31441275] saw ur pm...do mi an email to renadox@yahoo.com. We cud frm thr talk on fone.
Re: Handiwork!!! by TDlook: 3:17pm On May 13, 2015
Kinkynature:
Thank you @ Godmother. I hv actually decided to go for tailoring but I still need an advise on where to learn it. Should I go to a fashion school or a roadside tailoring shop?

Where you go learn depends on what you want out of the training. Are learning so you can sew just for yourself, friends and maybe make some money while at it Or do you intend to make a professional career out of it?
You can start with a "road side" tailor to know the basics. If you feel you need more then you can proceed to a fashion school.
Be careful what school you decide on as many of them are not any better than the "roadside" tailors. So therefore do your research about what Fashion design/garment production entails (google is your friend); know how much you are willing to part with as most of these schools are kinda expensive ( the good ones at least); check websites of schools to see if their curricula match up with your expectations and also look at their students works, call or mail for clarification.
Re: Handiwork!!! by abisolaarshow(f): 5:01pm On May 13, 2015
I just started learning too. u can look for someone who learnt from a fashion school and is good too, its cheaper that way. that was how I chose
Re: Handiwork!!! by Godmother(f): 9:46pm On May 13, 2015
Go to a good fashions chool where you will be taught everything you need to know
Re: Handiwork!!! by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 29, 2015
Thank you all for ur replies. I do appreciate
Re: Handiwork!!! by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Its over a year now... How did it go? Am thinking of going for a training too.
Re: Handiwork!!! by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Kinkynature:
Thank you all for ur replies. I do appreciate
Re: Handiwork!!! by Rubyventures: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
you can also learn online , on nairaland there are a lot of sewing threads you can pick up a few tips.

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Advice: Benefits And Usage Of Eye Creams / STYLE FOCUS: Bolanle Olukanni / Importing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.