Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? (1392 Views)

Pray Without Ceasing / Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray / Pray Without Ceasing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by Goahead(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2015
I just started attending The Lord Chosen Charismatic revival movement, but I discovered they pray too long casting Devils, contrary spirits, occult powers, and so forth...

The pastor once told me to stop wearing jeans but plain trousers which I consider loose and makes me to think I'm naked.

Is all these right
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by MizMyColi(f): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
You're apparently divergent, and that's a good thing.

Please, there's a spirit in you and that's what you should rely on, for understanding of what to do and what not to do.

Not some man of God.

Stop ignoring those feelings and stirrings and positive impulses that you have.

To your question, I can't remember when last I prayed in the regular christian way.

You get to a point in your journey and all you just need is an awareness of Abba's spirit within you, for he/it intercedes for us through groans which cannot be uttered.

Surely, it is impossible to pray in the conventional way, without ceasing.

So, I interprete that part of scripture as "Staying Aware", that you and the Godhead a one.
That as he is so are you.

Prayer is a spiritual thing.
A communication between your spirit and God's spirit.

Payer is simply talking to, and with God-within.

Your thoughts, your actions, everything about you - depending on your worldview are actually forms of communication to God.
When you lie down and you're thinking, sometimes you turn---now that turn you made is a language, it is a form of communication, only your eternal father understands.

We only see/know these things when we're in the constant awareness that God's spirit lives within us - in our failures, joys and sadness.....he/it remains ever present, rooting for us.

People are supposed to feel freer when they go to church to find God, but they're burdened with rules, with don'ts and with dos......all in a bid to make them appear holy in the sight of God, meanwhile, it is actually a bid to make them appear righteous in the sight of pastor and others.

Last I checked......God (not sky god) is not and has never been bothered. What counts.....what is always before him is your soul.....that is where he does his workings from, which then reflects in your spirit and ultimately, the physical.
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by marvelling(m): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please, there's a spirit in you and that's what you should rely on, for understanding of what to do and what not to do.

Not some man of God.

To your question, I can't remember when last I prayed in the regular christian way.

You get to a point in your journey and all you just need is an awareness of Abba's spirit within you, for he/it intercedes for us through groans which cannot be uttered.

So, I interprete that part of scripture as "Staying Aware", that you and the Godhead a one.

Your thoughts, your actions, everything about you - depending on your worldview are actually forms of communication to God.
When you lie down and you're thinking, sometimes you turn---now that turn you made is a language, it is a form of communication, only your eternal father understands.

We only see/know these things when we're in the constant awareness that God's spirit lives within us - in our failures, joys and sadness.....he/it remains ever present, rooting for us.

People are supposed to feel freer when they go to church to find God, but they're burdened with rules, with don'ts and with dos......all in a bid to make them appear holy in the sight of God, meanwhile, it is actually a bid to make them appear righteous in the sight of pastor and others.

Last I checked......God (not sky god) is not and has never been bothered. What counts.....what is always before him is your soul.....that is where he does his workings from, which then reflects in your spirit and ultimately, the physical.

Bia nwanyi! angry which church you dey go sef?!
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by Mcoldsoja(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
@op, A great man (I think Smith Wigglesworth) said something like "I may not pray for an hour, but I don't go any hour without praying."
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by MizMyColi(f): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
marvelling:

Bia nwanyi! angry which church you dey go sef?!

Nairaland Religious Section tongue
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by marvelling(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Nairaland Religious Section tongue

Lol! This your level of thinking na wa! You're now re-interpreting scripture, that should be taken literally, to mean what you feel. The text is simple, pray always.

By the way, I visited your blog tongue
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by MizMyColi(f): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
marvelling:

Lol! This your level of thinking na wa! You're now re-interpreting scripture, that should be taken literally, to mean what you feel. The text is simple, pray always.

By the way, I visited your blog tongue

Loool
Thanks for coming around @blog
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by davien(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2015
The mere fact that "god's word" can be reinterpreted to whatever a believer feels it should makes your belief nonsensical....if you can only follow what you feel it says not actually what's written then you're belief is hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by Goahead(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Not some man of God.

oh my God,

I opened a thread and forgot to follow up....

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by Goahead(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
Mcoldsoja:
@op, A great man (I think Smith Wigglesworth) said something like "I may not pray for an hour, but I don't go any hour without praying."
God doesn't count how many times you pray but your purity before him.

Nice quotation though.
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by johnw74: 6:06am On Mar 13, 2015
1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

I believe it means to pray regularly
like at night before going to sleep

That's a good time for me to pray - talk to God
while in bed and all is quite
not out loud but in my mind.
Re: Does Pray Without Ceasing Mean Prayer Should Last For Ever??? by Goahead(m): 7:08am On Mar 13, 2015
johnw74:

1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

I believe it means to pray regularly
like at night before going to sleep

That's a good time for me to pray - talk to God
while in bed and all is quite
not out loud but in my mind.
Exactly... I pray in my mind, brief and quietly.

(1) (Reply)

As A Satanist, Can You Marry A Christian? / Is Speaking In Tongues Really Necessary And Compulsory??? / ...the Kingdom Of Heaven Suffereth Violence... (matt 11:12)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.