Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

The Code Breaker - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Code Breaker (2960 Views)

My Name Is Foxy And I Am Not A Law Breaker (A Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 09, 2015
If You were following the former thread, I'm so sorry it had been deleted, so that we all can all enjoy the stories and not the intro...

The story tends to get here faster

www.nairawriters.com/category/divepen/
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 1
Bidemi rolled on his bed, stretched his hand to his wardrobe and pulled out a wrapper, shaking slightly. Rain had fallen heavily that morning and the cold had linger in the air, making people pull their clothes tighter to their body. The air was filtering through the window into the pores of his skin and that made him shiver the more. He stretched his hands to close the window.
Then, he heard someone moan. He squeezed his face, and narrowed his eyes, looking straight at the curtain that divides his room from that of his three roommates.
Everywhere was gravely silent, and that was unusual for zikites, who were known to regularly talk loudly and make jest of themselves. Bidemi shook his head to ward off the eerie feeling that was creeping into his into mind concerning the silence in the hall as he remembered that an Icon was coming to the university to deliver a speech, and students would be there at the time of his waking-up-from-sleep.
The bed creaked as Bidemi moved to the edge of it to see who had moaned, he stretched his neck and saw Charles sleeping in his corner. His other roommates, Tomiwa and Israel, were not in the room, not unusual.
He yawned loudly as he rose from the bed, stretching tiredl. Then, he went to Charles side to be sure Charles was not the one moaning. Charles was sleeping, but Bidemi discovered that he must have slept some minutes ago as his bed sheet was still neat and not crumpled from turning. Also, Charles was still breathing normally and not giving the prolonged breathing-in and breathing out that is typical of one that had been sleeping for long.
The cold air rushed into the room through the window at Charle's bedside, and that made Bidemi hastily withdraw to his side of the room. He climbed his bed. He needed rest after a six-hour- class from 9.00am.
Bidemi was a student of the department of Linguistics and African languages. He is still in the 100 level and this was the second semester of studying the course.
At the beginning of first semester, he was lonely and did not bother about it. He loved the life of singleness, but as fate would have it, he fell in love with a girl who died a day after, again he fell in love at first sight with a girl named Pearl but she did not see the end of the next day;and the death of Pearl made him finally fall in love with the most beautiful girl in his department and faculty, Grace.
Having a relationship with Bidemi was the prayer of many ladies of his faculty because he was very handsome, the most handsome: Brown in complexion, six feet tall, cool, and social; ' one with a pimpleless face' as some ladies would say.
Many of the ladies in his department always want to seat beside him, talk to him, touch him; and they always wanted him to walk them to their halls. However, Grace would not allow such even before he fell in love with her.
Before he fell in love with her, she was his headache. He had always hated being around her, and would find every reasons to escape her touch, look, and her (all in all) but she would always make sure she seats beside him. Her beauty made inferior girls cringe away from Bidemi, and even made some speechless as some later take her astheir role model.
Also, her gang made ladies move away from Bidemi at all cost.
However, a near-death-experience made him realise how much he love her, and that had started their love affair: The most handsome guy falling in love with the most beautiful girl of the department: what a perfect match. Also, she became a born again Christian, making her shed off bad behaviour, excessive lifestyle and bad friends after meeting him.
Unfortunately for their affair, someone else was in love with Bidemi and this person had started sending threats to Grace through Sms.
Bidemi's phone rang.
He picked it and pressed the green button.
' Hello...'
' Bidemi', Grace voice covered the earpiece of the phone, making him remove the phone from his phone for some seconds before returning.
' The person had sent another message ooo... I'm scared ooo', Grace lamented with a quivering voice.
' What!' Bidemi rose from his lying position, pushed his back to the wall and rested it there, 'where are you now'.
' I'm at Queens, but I will be leaving for Ling Library now'.
' I'll meet you at there', Bidemi replied.
' Okay'.
A beep from the phone made Bidemi know that Grace had broken the connection.
He looked ahead of him, wondering who could the person be?
He was so sure that it was the same person had been sending him credit card worth a thousand Naira every three days for three weeks now, but the person had been taking it upon herself-or who know, himself- to send threatening messages to Grace everyday.
' Who are you?' Bidemi muttered as he rose from his bunk bed and started putting on cloth, lines of worry still drawn across his face.
The recent happening is scary, so scary.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 2
Cold air brushed Grace hair as she stepped out of her hall, Queen Elizabeth hall; however, she was not perturbed by the coldness; in fact, the coldness did not affect her despite the fact that she was putting on a short sleeve peach colour polo over her a mini-jean skirt. She was had not tied up her hair- there was no time for it. She did not wait to admire the beauty of the Heritage park: the park that always make her have heavenly feelings did not seems to be there as she rushed out towards Trenchard hall. Not even the beauty of the sun sitting on the tree in the garden made her want to stop.
Grace could not understand why life was playing her. When she was still a member of a cult, nothing could have made her fear but now the coming of the threatening messages is becoming incessant when she is a born again Christian. When the problem started the messages streamed in slowly- one in three days- then it proceeded to two days and to once daily. Now she gets it daily.
Before she started the relationship with Bidemi, she was a member of a greenhorn cult, one in which she was one of the two pioneers- rather, she was the first recruit of the leader. When she was in the cult, Bidemi refused to have anything to do with her although he did not know about her involvement in cultism. Contrarily, when he discovered her involvement in cultism, he preached to her about Jesus and she was converted. Now she is facing trouble from an unknown admirer of Bidemi who takes it upon herself to torment her day and night.
She kept on moving with her eyes straight on where she was going. Although, she was walking towards the faculty of Arts, she was not looking at where she was going, and did not see her friend, Sola, that was greeting her from opposite the road; and that did not make her see the ladies that were looking at her with disdain; and did not make her see the lady coming towards her on the path whose countenance can make a livid man shake like a leaf.
' Ouch',the lady exclaimed as Grace walked into her.
' Oh! I'm sorry', Grace said over her shoulder as she rushed on.
' Sorry for yourself', the lady replied.
Grace kept on moving, almost running as she did not want to delay Bidemi whom she had asked to meet her at the library.
Also, she needed to get to the library to lock it because she is the library.
Then, something caught her attention, startling her at first. She stopped on her track in front of Tedder hall. Something paperish and yellow was on her bloude. She removed a sticky yellow note from her blouse.
It reads:
'I am watching you'
She looked about her, saw many people at the Gamaniel Onosode park- who should she suspect? When did it happen? Who must have stuck it to her cloth?
Grace knew she just had to keep on moving. When she got to the library, Bidemi was waiting there. She did not even notice that he was not smiling, something she never failed to notice. She did not notice the girls staring at him, even those that were staring at both of them.
' Let me see it', Bidemi said, leading the way into the Library.
'It's four o'clock. Everyone in the library should, please, go out'; Grace shouted, depression reflecting in her voice. She brought out her Blackberry Bold2 and moved to the other part of the Library.
The linguistics Library is the best Library in the faculty of Arts; and that made people from other departments come to read there, and that also mean some uncooperative people would show up.
' I said we are closing', she shouted throwing her hands into the air as she entered the other part of the Library to meet someone still sleeping.
' Oh! My God!!!' She shouted, ' you are drinking a canned drink in the Library'.
Grace went to the person sleeping, took up the drink- Can Coke to be precise and looked at the content, it was half-filled.
She tapped the sleeper hard.
' Bros, we are closing', she said.
' The person do not have any number', Bidemi said, taking her out of the thought of waking the sleeping guy.
' Yes...'
' Don't you think it might be your former leader...', Bidemi said, quickly taking his eyes off the phone to the sleeping man, and returned his gaze to the message he was reading.
' No... I'm sure it's one of your...you know....' She said, her voicing trailing off as her eyes roamed the library.
Grace gritted and a vein throbbed in her neck. Her nose widened, and she felt like slapping the sleeping man with all her mind; in fact, with the frustration building up in her heart she can beat anybody like a baby.
' Bros... Stand up', she shouted and tapped the guy.
' My what-'.
' Your admirers... Bros stand up', she shouted as she arranged the p
scattered seats..
' We can't be sure of that', replied a depressed Bidemi who sat on the edge of the table.
' Please don't seat there, Bidemi... Bros, I said stand up', she shouted as move to the sleeping guy, and banged the table.
' But you can't be sure that....'
' Oh my God', she shouted, freezing on the spot as if she had just seen the ghost of Bolu, a girl she killed last semester to save Bidemi's life.
' What?' Bidemi replied, looking rattled.
' Blood...', she whispered, turning pale and staring at blood on the table.
Bidemi rushed to his side and felt for pulses. The guy was dead, stone-cold dead.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 3
Yemi slightly shivered in the sitting room as the air filtered in, staring at the door, and fiddling with the punch newspaper he was holding.
He had been able to solve some mysteries lately; yet, he had left some unsolved. His brain could not fathom what must have happened at the underground under the library because he was not able to finish whatever had happened in the Library, besides he lost many men to some Zombies which he has not been able to find their origin.
He looked, for the umpteenth time at the newspaper he was holding, and shook his head.
Things were not straight somewhere; he was not looking at the Headlines which had some terribly bad news, neither was he reading some weird news about people who eat human bodies, rather he was studying a code. The code had been embedded in a sort of Game in the newspaper; thinking deeply, he noticed that there was even a price for the winner today.
Yemi picked his phone and plugged a scrambler into it.
He dialed a number.
' Hello...'
' Hello Yemi', a lady with American accent replied.
' What's up with the Germans?'
' How did you find out something boiling was there?'
' I saw a sort of Game that could have come from them... And you know...', Yemi said, shrugging as if he was already used to telling the bad news he wanted to share,' Nigerians do not just pay money for small quiz, 10,000 naira for that matter ', Yemi explained..
' Hmmm...It's really classified'.
' But I am the only ally you have here in case anything happens.
Recently, the Germans discovered a weaponry- a full arsenal of bombs', she said it as if she was describing the most horrible day of her life,' and they want to be in charge of it. According to our source, they've not been able to enter the arsenal but the radiation in the Arsenal had given them clue that they have just got themselve a weapon that can destroy nations with a single click of a button...'
Yemi gasped.
' They need that code to open it, they've been trying to get it but their intelligence have not been able to do so...'
' But what is the CIA doing about it?'
' We're trying to make sure we disarm them from this volatile tool and I'm foreseeing another worldwar, if they opened it. One of our men who was working undercover there died last week'.
Yemi swallowed hard as he became speechless.
' We heard that they've put part of it on different eebsites, and make it look like normal games, and that shows their desperation'.
' I thought it was the Enigma code', Yemi managed to say after some seconds of silence.
' It isn't the Enigma code'.
' I would love to follow the progress of this..but they should know better than to throw it to the public.'
' I guess there is something more to it than the eyes xan meet'.
"You are right'
'Will keep you informed', the lady said as the connection broke with three beeping sounds.
Yemi stared at the newspaper and tried to figure out the meaning of the code.
What if they had just discovered more than a weapon?
He removed the scrambler and pocketed it. He always love to have it handy. The scrambler was a gift from Anjela, the lady he just finished speaking with.
Anjela is a friend from his secondary school, whom he had dated for so long a time that people who knew them could not imagine that the two of them would not marry each other at the end.
However, life had a different plan. Her parent died and that made one of her uncles who resides in the United State of America take her with him there, where she got training and began working for the CIA.
Although they were both married to different people, they still kept contact and they shared intelligence which had helped them solve political, Criminal, and other cases at their respective places.
His phone rang, he stared at it, his hand dropping to his as he realised a mistake he had made.
' Hello darling', he mouthed into the phone, hoping he would not get what he expected.
' Where are you now?' His wife, Rose, asked with her voice getting on the edge.
' I'm sorry, I was so lost into what I was doing that I did not check the time, I'm coming right
away'.
' Is this how you will start treating me?' She asked bemusedly, ' was I the one that made myself pregnant, but why are doing this to me. I've-'.
' I'm on my-'
' been here for up to twenty-', Rose kept on talking as if she did not hear him trying to talk.
' I said I'm on-'
' minutes, I thought-',her voice when off. The connection was broken by the network provider.
' Phew!' Yemi said, happy that the connection got broken, he dropped the phone on the chair as he started putting on his striped white shirt. His wife can be a nag whenever she is tired and he was happy the phone went off.
His phone rang again.
' Why?' He shouted, stiffening his body in frustration, and raising his hand in the air.
' Why can't she just let this go?'
He stared at his black Ipad as it vibrates on and keeps on singing 'Always pray for you' by Nosa. He did not want to pick the call, but he knew better than to do that.
Contrarily, it was not his wife, it was the D.P.O of his station.
'Hello sir'.
' Operation Hawk reactivated'
Yemi shifted back and landed on the sofa as the call went off.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:36am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 4
Bidemi looked from the dead guy to Grace.
' He is dead'.
He watched as her eyes suddenly enlarged, and saw her freezing.
' You mean he is...', Grace asked slowly, pointing at the dead guy. Bidemi nodded to confirm it.
Grace screamed. Bidemi moved to her side; he turned to her then from the corner of his eyes he saw something that look familiar lying on the floor. His eyes darted to the object, and his mouth opened in surprise.
Grace screamed again, and rushed out like someone that had just been stung by a bee.
Bidemi picked the white handkerchief and looked at it. It was his favorite handkerchief.
Bidemi lost handkerchiefs a lot but he had held on to this particular one for a long time because Grace gave it to him. The first time she gave to him, he was speechless because she had designed on it the word 'My Love'. Friends and people from the department had known he love to play with this handkerchief a lot and he would never give it up for anything; however the handkerchief got missing two days ago.
How did it get here?
The handkerchief was now stained with a brownish wet substance. He pushed it near his nose and smelt Chloroform, it made him dizzy, and his brain became numb. Quickly, he pushed it away from his nose, eyeing it. He knew Chloroform from his secondary school days as he was the one in charge of his group when they were working on dissecting a rat, so he had gotten ample opportunities to have the scent of chloroform registered in his brain.
Someone was rushing into the Library. So, Bidemi quickly hide the handkerchief in his right pocket.
' Noooooooo', a short dark guy shouted, as he rushed to the dead guy, wrapping his hands around the dead guy. The blood on the table were now flowing slowly to the floor, staining the white tiles. Bidemi wanted to stop the blood but he just couldn't move.
' Noo...Noo...No... Innocent ...no...', the guy cried bitterly and shouted with all his might, tears flowed freely from his eyes as if his tear gland had bursted beyond repairing.
Bidemi felt like crying too, his eyes becoming red as he cluelessly stood on the same spot and hoped there was something he could do to bring back the dead guy to life.
Grace and Dr.(Mrs.) Olatunji rushed in. Dr. Olatunji was a 5.3 feet tall woman, slim, and shrew ed. Her hair was white even in her early fifties. She is the only lecturer that have delved more into the Ethnology of Languages in the department,
Bidemi's favorite. Dr. Olatunji rushed to the dead guy, her eyeglasses holding on to her face as if it had been glued there. Her hands were shaking like a leaf in a storm.
' What happened?' Dr. Olantunji asked with a breaking, shaky voice. Bidemi looked at her, then at the guy crying before turning to Grace for answer because words were not just forming in his mouth.
This was not his first time of seeing a dead person but he did not know what was wrong with him. He was there when his Grandmother died,she died some months after he discovered that his cruel aunty was his mother and that his supposed mother was only an Aunty- aunty by marriage. He had also seen Bolu's death. The one Grace shot in replacement of his life; one thing she regrets now. So, he did not understand why he just could not utter a word.
' We met him dead', Grace said almost in a whisper.
Dr. Olatunji ran out, and returned later with two Abefeles. Abefeles were the school guard, making sure there was peace in the school; making sure the law and order of the school are preserved. They got their name 'Abefele' from the yoruba word 'Abefele' which means Blade. Their uniform is honey-brown shirt on black trousers, and a black pair boots.
One can rarely see them not looking good.
'Please let us examine him', one of the two Abefeles said as he moved near the dead guy.
' He is my friend....'
' I know. We have to know what happened to him', the man said, showing he was adamant and he needed the friend to do as he had said immediately.
The guy left his dead friend, his yellow shirt stained with blood. The Abefele touched his neck to checked for pulse.
' He is dead', he mumbled under his breathe to his colleague, who was looking pale.
The Abefele pushed the guy up. Bidemi squirmed.
The dead guy's friend moaned.
Grace gasped.
Dr. Olatunji whimpered.
The other Abefele shifted back.
A knife had been staked to the guy's chest, and the killer had made sure the guy slept on the knife, making the death a gruesome one.
Then, a student entered. A student, so it seem but Bidemi suspects he is more than one. This same student had confronted him about the The Underground rooms in the library. He stared at Bidemi for some seconds then stepped forward. A tiny smile appeared on the lips of the guy and disappeared almost immediately.
' Yes...Yes...What do you want?', Dr. Olatunji asked.
Just then, a message entered Grace's phone, with a tone giving it away.
Bidemi had forgotten he the phone.
' Death knocks at people's door everyday, do as you are told or expect it also on the door of your life'
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 5
Yemi looked at the Bidemi and shook his head slightly,; the shaking of his head held contempt in it, giving him a bleak smile. Their path had crossed again, and this time on the occasion of someone's death. Although he knew that Bidemi was not a member of any cult in the university because he had followed him and had made sure he confirmed that Bidemi was not a member of any cult , but Yemi did know that evil things tend to lurk around Bidemi. Yemi had heard enough about Bidemi to know that ladies talked about him as if he is their god; their eyes sparkled whenever they see him; they giggled behind him, always avoiding his eyes whenever he mistakenly feels their eyes on himself. They scribble his name whenever they are daydreaming.
' Oh! He is with us', one of the Abefeles said to Dr. Olatunji, who nodded curtly, staring at Yemi with a little doubt lingering in her eyes.
' What happened?', Yemi asked.
'Someone stabbed him', the tall Abefele said to him.
'I think I will take from here', Yemi said, smirking his lower lip.
Yemi was slightly annoyed that he was already blowing his cover in front of the other students and he did not love to that. He had made sure he no one knew his true identity among the student even before he left the school, and luckily for him, no girl was stalking him as they wish they could do to Bidemi. The only girl that had always been around him was Bolu, who had suddenly disappeared from the surface of the earth, and he was bent on finding her before Operation Hawk was called off, stopping him from doing further research into her case. Although, Yemi was not ready to let his investigation stop, he was still slightly relieved to return to his Precious wife, Mary.
However, when he was called by his boss that Operation Hawk had been reactivated, he felt bad because he would be leaving is wife again, but at that moment, he understood what was happening.
Someone had died some days before and his body was found hanging from a tree; the same tree his wife was tied to once when some people wanted to kill her, just to get at him; he was lucky to save her that day. Operation Hawk deals with him working underground to catch criminals in the faculty of arts. There are other detectives in the other department but those ones were not his concern. Yemi looked at the table, and tried to see if he would understand the meaning of the death, and if he could fathom how this person died but
he could not juxtapose the canned malt and the knife.
He brought out an handkerchief to remove the knife. Grace cringed as he removed the knife from the dead man.
' How did this happen?'
Bidemi stalled a little, then started explaining what happened.
Charles searched Bidemi's table for the umpteenth time to confirm that Bidemi truly forgot to drop the translation of the code.
' But... Bidemi said he would drop this code', he complained bitterly.
He had told Bidemi to help him solve a puzzle, a puzzle that would fetch him, Charles, money and time was running out.
Charles ran to his side of the bed, which was neatly arranged, and that was because he lived with the neatest person he had ever encountered on earth, the woman that had saved his life when everything seems to have turned against him.
Right now, he wants to fulfill the wish of the woman who raised him, and he wants to make some people see that he is better than they are, and that is why he is in dire need of the money.
Charles saw a puzzle competition and tried to solve it because it had a price tag, but he could not solve it; nevertheless, he did not give up;
instead he gave it to his roommate, Bidemi, who immediately started working on it because he himself was an ardent breaker of codes and puzzles: he never allow anyone of them to pass him by- not one.
' Hello, Bidemi... Where you dey?'
' O boy... Chale... I dey see ghost for here ooo'.
' Wetin happen?'
' I go gist you later... Wetin happen?'
' Bidemi... Abeg, wey the code?'
' Chai!!! I don forget ooo... Check the middle of that book wey dey for table'.
' The Phonetic textbook?'.
' Yes...Yes...'
'Thanks'.
Yemi examined the objects, and concluded that the guy must have stabbed the dead man after he drank the canned drink. Who knows, the drink might have been poisoned before he was stabbed.
Then he saw that something wet, and cotton like had been dragged on the table, and that the dragging was of recent.
' Did any of you by any chance see a piece of cloth here?'
Yemi looked at the two of them shared glances of uncertainty between themselves.
Then Yemi's phone rang. It was Anjela.
'Hello Yemi', Anjela said, almost shouting though
Yemi deduced that she is trying really hard to contain her anxiety and fear.
' Anjel', he replied.
' Someone just sent them the code, and our intel told us it was the right code.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 6

Bidemi led a distraughted Grace out of the library and followed Dr. Olatunji who motioned for the two of them to follow her.
He had watched as Yemi mood changed when he received that call. Yemi just sat on a chair as soon as he finished receiving the call, taking his mind away from the handkerchief, and making Bidemi feel elated a bit. Yemi was interviewing the friend of the dead guy when Bidemi and Grace left the room.
' Was there any student here when you got in', Yemi asked, frustration vividly showing in his voice.
' No', Bidemi shouted over his shoulder. When they got to Dr.Olatunji's office, she told them that Yemi is a private investigator and that she would love them to keep it as a secret; in fact, no soul must hear.
With that, Bidemi and Grace walked down to Queens hall in silence. Luckily for them, they did not meet familiar person on the way that would make them talk.
' Let us meet tonight', Bidemi told her as she was about to enter queens hall.
' Not here', Grace said, turning to him quickly,making him wonder if she was saying that out of fear from the message or because she wanted to get away from the thought of what she saw at the Library, she wanted to hide in the darkness and pour her sorrow into loneliness.
'And I want somewhere very dark where we will not be disturbed at all'.
Bidemi swallowed hard, as his mind ran through a picture of the University of Ibadan's map.
' I will give you a call about the venue then...'
' Bidemi...Grace...', someone shouted, stirring Bidemi and Grace from their melancholic mood.
Bidemi turned to see a slim, dark and tall lady rushed past him to Grace and hugged her. He swallowed hard again at seeing her. She was very beautiful; though, second to Grace's beauty. He had been having eyes for her before he and Grace started their relationship; however, his roommate Charles did justice to her by wooing her to be his girlfriend and she agreed, though reluctantly.
'Oh! Princess', he said as she rushed to him and hugged him- too tightly, pecking his cheek. Bidemi quickly looked at Grace to see her expression and to note her disapproval of this act, but she did not seems bothered; in fact, she was blushing as though seeing Princess and Bidemi hug had been her wish for years.
Princess is Grace's friend and roommate. Luckily for the trio, Princess was close to Bidemi before she even met Charles. Grace had been close to Charles because she wanted to have a relationship with Bidemi, and now she is having it; yet, she is still close to Charles.
' Bidemai, where did you drop your phone because Charles had been trying to call you. Please, don't tell him ooo... I think my Boyfriend is going mad. If you see the way he was jumping, I was afraid he would even sprain his ankle but he is now in the room', she said, broadly smiling, her white teeth sparkling in the sun, ' he had to be gentle after I threatened to stop dating him if he did not stop jumping'.
They all laughed.
' Let me go and meet him before he does something silly'.
' Yes ooo... Grace why are you doing as if you had just seen a ghost'.
' Hmmm!',Bidemi sighed,' she kuma saw a ghost'.
' Uhn!!!?' Princess said, her eyes widening in its socket as if can expand than that if given the opportunity.
' She will gist you...Please, help me guide her to the room', Bidemi said as he extended his right hand to Grace's shoulder, and squeezed it gently, and then took Princess' hand and they squeezed each others hand fondly before he left for his hall.
Bidemi kept on wondering how his handkerchief had gotten to the dead man's side. He was sure he took it out of his room the last day he saw it.
When he entered his room, Charles rushed to his side, stared at him for a few seconds, and allowed big smile to dampen both of their faces, then he ran and carried Bidemi.
' Baba na you... Baba na you'.
' Charles ooo... A beg drop me', Bidemi shouted, as laughter tried to choke him from talking well.
His heart swelled with happiness.
' I won it. I've received a call from the organisers that they would give me my money tomorrow in person'; Charles announced after he had dropped Bidemi.
' What do you mean In person?'
' I mean the person would be bring the money to me tomorrow.
' Why? Why can't they just send it to your account? It's fishy'.
Charles looked pale as if he had just been hit on the face with a frying pan.
Meeting the organiser, to Bidemi, was creepy, very creepy.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 7.
After they had planned on how Charles will defend himself in case of anything. Bidemi decided to follow him as a witness in case it is a police case. Bidemi sat down to read Lin152, Dr. Olatunji's course, but he just could not concentrate as he kept on reading the same part over and over again.
Who could have killed that guy in the library? What would the police do to the dead body? Will they take it for autopsy or will they allow his friend to take him away?
He imagined the guy's friend doing a candle night for him. They will all be in black and black, crying profusingly, and moaning. People will be humming, weeping, and shaking their heads in pity and they would march round the whole student area of the university- a two-hour journey, and they will keep on singing
Oro nla le da
eeee
Oro nla le da
oro nla le da
eeee
Oro nla le da
eyin ti e pa omo wa
ti e o je da gba
oro nla le da.
You've done an grievous thing
eeee
You've done a grievous thing
eeee
You that killed our child
that did not allow him to grow
you've done a grievous thing.
The killer did not leave a clue. A clue...
Bidemi saw the guy's friend picking a paper and pocketing it when he was crying. That must have been a clue.
Bidemi stirred from his thought and tried to concentrate again; seeing that his concentration was wavering, he decided to read it aloud to himself.
' Greenberg...', his voice trailed off as he imagined what he would do to stop Grace from receiving the message she had been receiving.
He had no other option than to tell her to stay away from him, just to keep her safe.
'Ermm... Grace... Oh!!! Charles...', he started to say.
' hmmm.... I go love ooo', Charles said, cutting him off, and mimicking Grace, using her exact voice.
' Yes darling'.
Bidemi laughed.
' Please, do you know any very silent and dark place in U.I'.
' Many. Name the faculty you want '.
' Erm..', Bidemi said, taking his eyeball into his head as he tried to select a perfect location for his meeting with Grace, ' what about the faculty of Arts?'
' Good!! That's where I and Princess are going tonight. What about the back of the library, I mean your departmental Library'.
' They would not allow us', Bidemi replied,
'Abefeles send us out of the annex by 7pm'.
'No... I mean outside the annex, but the back of your library'.
' Ohhhh!!! Charles you too get brain...You too get brain, but...wait', Bidemi said, squeezing his face, and drawing his brow together as though he just realised that the plan would not work.
' But...You'd be meeting Princess there also', Bidemi blurted, sighing loudly as he did not want to tell Grace whatever he would be saying in front Charles or Princess.
' No.. We'll be meeting in the Nescafe Garden'.
' Oh! That's cool', Bidemi said, relieved as he rest his back on the chair.
Yemi looked about him in surprise as he entered the new room he had just been given in the postgraduate hall. He saw bags on the bed, familiar bags. The door opened suddenly and Yemi turned abruptly to face his pregnant wife as she brought her bag into his room, making his mouth remain opened. He blinked severally in surprise and frustration.
' Why are you staring at me? Won't you help your pregnant wife again'.
' Who...What...why...?'Yemi could not bring out the question.
Grace kept on resting on Princess' shoulder after she had explained what she saw to her. Grace's body shuddered as she got to the part of her deepest fear- the messages that had been causing her fear. Princess had hugged her after she explained everything, petting her to calm down.
' Did you receive any of such messages again?'
' Yes, I received one this afternoon. It was that one I went to see Bidemi for'.
She brought out her phone and saw the last message.
' When did I receive this one?'
' Which one?'
' I've not seen this message before...', her voice trailed off as she muffled her fear and buried her head in Princess' chest, allowing Princess to collect the phone and read it loud.
' Who was there when you saw the dead body?'.
' Nobody ...Except Bidemi, and two Abefeles and one of our Lecturers'.
' This is a big trouble', Princess mouthed, scrolling down to read the previous message.
' Someone even posted a yellow, sticky paper on my cloth, and they wrote 'we are watching you'.
' For real?'
Grace's phone vibrated as another message entered.
'Let's meet behind the annex- behind Linguistics library'.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 8
Nigerian women had been known to have a strong heart, and they do not take things as bad their European and American counterparts do whenever their boyfriends tell them he wants to stop having romantic relationship with them.
Bidemi wondered how Grace would react to his plea tonight. Although, she had been trained to be tough when she was in cult, her line of defense had fallen since she got born-again and since she had become his girlfriend.
As Bidemi and Charles were walking down to the faculty through the lawn tennis court, Bidemi was not listening whole-heartedly to Charles rants and plans on how Bidemi would snap him with his phone when he wants to collect her phone, and in case anything happens, how he would surprise the people with his ability to escape.
Bidemi's eyes roamed the road as he looked at the small resting place opposite the cark park at S.U.B ( Student Union Building). People were there cuddling one another and touching one another at strategic places, though darkness had covered the sky.
Bidemi and Charles sat at the back of the library. Bidemi stared into the darkness, his thought darting from topic to another. How he loved to bask himself in the euphoria of this darkness, hoping this darkness would cloth him and take away all these thoughts from his bothered mind.
' So na so this library go remain closed?' Charles complained.
Bidemi sighed.
The library had been closed since last semester. People had raised questions to know why and how the library could remain closed for so long a time.
With no one to really give a reason for the closure of library, the press kept on giving speculations as to what must have happened.
Only Grace and Bidemi know the real reasons; Charles and Officer Yemi just know a little but cannot really say what really happened. But
Bidemi always tried to push the thought of the event away from his mind after he and Grace had promised never to talk about it between themselves or to others.
As he was trying to analyse the event of that blessed- or should he say cursed thursday- Grace arrived, causing Charles to give a very big smile because his phone rang almost
immediately.
' Hello...Babe, I'm on my way', Charles said, the agitation that was appearing on his face some minutes before had suddenly disappeared as he rose and hugged Grace, winked at Bidemi and left.
She was furious to see Grace follow Bidemi- or rather Bidemi following her- to her hostel. She felt like rushing to Bidemi at that instant but her best friend held her hands, knowing that was what she wanted to do, and kept her from running to hug him. She bared her teeth.
' I will teach this foolish girl a lesson she would never forget', she muttered under her breathe as she kept on watching from where she was seated.
In the night, when she saw Grace leaving the hostel, she felt like following her, and following her did proved fruitful because seated at the back of the annex was Bidemi who kept staring at the locked Library.
Something within her lunged to touch him, feel his face and to wipe away every fear, trouble and problem from his handsome face but she could not show herself then as she had something else to do.
Grace sat down and moved near him, and rested her shoulder on his chest, and stared into the darkness, her dark mind grasping the darkness of the night with delight.
' You chose the most perfect place', she whispered, fiddling with his hands.
Bidemi did not reply; instead he brought his hand to her hair and rolled it on his hand.
' Grace, let us break up'.
Grace gently and rigidly rose from Bidemi's chest as she turned to look at him. Her eyes roamed about his body and she laughed.
' You're joking right?'
' No, I'm not joking... Grace we need to stop this relationship. Someone wants to kill you...'
'Bidemi don't fret yourself. I'm the one at the receiving end here. I cannot allow any threat message to take you away from me... Unless, you did not love me again'.
' Ah-ahn what are you saying?', Bidemi said, 'I can never stop loving you'.
' If you say so...' She replied as returned her head to his chest, Bidemi rubbed the side of her arm, unknowingly arousing a romantic feeling in her
' But what do we do now...'
' I don't know', she said, as though she cared less about it, but she did not come that night to start talking about what her predicament.
She looked up at his lips and drew her head closer to him.
' No...Grace...No'
And tonight again, he had denied her of what she always wanted from him: a kiss.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 9
' O boy wake up... Joor...', Charles shouted as Bidemi snoozed again. He had made sure he read overnight till 4am, and had barely slept for three hours when Charles woke him, telling him that the people will be meeting them by 8.00 in front of Awo Stadium.
Although, Bidemi never planned to read for such a long time but he could stop thinking about what happened between him and Grace, and wished he could correct it; even though he still felt refusing to kiss her was the right thing.
After he refused to kiss her, she had remained sullen and rarely answered any question; in fact, when he decided to see her off to her hostel, she refused and claimed she did not want the person sending the message to see them together.
Bidemi wondered what would happen if he kisses her, but he pushed the thought aside.
' Bidemi, do fast na... You wan make I go alone?' Charles shouted.
Bidemi rose from his bed, and stretched. Indeed, he did not want Charles to go alone. Charles was now like a brother to him. He remembered when he did not return on time from the underground, how Charles had gone to look for him. When Charles got there, he saw the men breaking the wall and had just broken a fraction of it. Charles ran out to call Bidemi because Bidemi had gone there to save a girl named Pearl from the hand of some kidnappers- one of whom was Grace. When Bidemi heard he was going to follow the men into the underground, he ran all the way to the Library and got there in time to save Charles from some Zombies.
' Oya make I go baf', Bidemi uttered lazily as he rose from the bed.
' Baf gini...?'Charles exclaimed in surprise, 'you go come baf when we come back'.
' Okay... But...'
' No 'but' when we come back you go come back come do anything mey we waka'.
They dressed up and left the room. When they left room, Bidemi remembered he did not take his phone, so he returned to the room to take it, making Charles complain till he couldn't see his back again. Bidemi quickly took the phone, ran out again and the two of them headed for Awo stadium.
' Do you still remember the plan?', Bidemi asked him.
' Hun...' Charles responded, making Bidemi look at him because he expected a better reply from the enthuastic Charles and he saw that Charles attention was fixed on a lady that was coming towards them. The lady kept on staring at their direction, and was smiling; in fact, her smile became broader when Bidemi looked at her and she even grinned as though it was his attention she needed all the while she was walking, she kept on staring at them as she walked towards them.
Suddenly, the lady fell into a small ditch, procuring great laughter from Charles whose laughter sounded as if he had been expecting such thing to happen, as if he was the one that set the trap for her.
Bidemi tore his gaze away from the accident, took a side glance at Charles and joined him in laughing.
As Bidemi and Charles got near the area, he just felt free and a sense of security just overwhelmed him as he allowed his mind to wander off to the event that happened yesternight again. He had refused to give her the kiss she had so much crave.
Luckily- or unluckily as Bidemi had seen it- after Grace became born-again. He and Bidemi were made excecutives in the fresher arm of their fellowship, meaning that they would have time to see each other, and that streghtened their relationship, as the fellowship put it, they had become the official spouse for one another till they graduate, even though they did not insinuate that they should have permanent relationship. So, when people, especially fellowship members see Bidemi and Grace walking here and there together, they don't have much to say.
And because of the responsibility of their post, they had have to meet to discuss things regarding the office they hold and that made Grace made different advance which Bidemi had rejected.
' It seems they are the one coming', Charles said pointing at a red golf coming towards them as they got to the front of the stadium, jerking Bidemi out of his thought.
Bidemi shifted back as he allowed the car coming to pass, but the car did not stop; instead, it sped off and headed straight as if it was hurrying down to Awba Dam.
After the car left them and their eardrum stopped dangling from its noise, nothing was heard again except the chirping of birds, and the creeking of insects.
The air was still misty, dews were still resting on the pores of the leaves, and the heat of the old sun was building up, even its light was already changing the blue cool colour of the sky, and was splashing some yellowness into it, brightening the eyes.
Bidemi yawned again as he looked about for a place to rest his back, or, if possible, a place to sit, or, who knows a place to sleep again because the pain in his eyes felt like there were sand in it, and that closing them was the only was the sands could disappear.
' Why dem even talk say may you con meet them for here?' Bidemi asked Charles again.
Just as Bidemi sighted a stone in front of a tree, and when he decided to move to the spot, a car came out of the path that lead from Awo hall and came towards them, slowing down in front of them.
There were two men in the car- one a dark man, whose lower lips was fuller than its upper counterpart, and a man whose complexion can and will always pass him as an European.
The glasses slided down the window of the car, giving Bidemi and Charles the oppotunity to see the interior part of the car.
' Good morning...' the dark man said, narrowing his eyes and hiding his disdain at seeing Charles.
' Good morning', Charles replied, stretching his hand to the man who did not look at it. Charles withdrew his hand, and shifted his gaze to the European in the car.
' Are you Charles?' The dark man asked.
' Yes...' Charles replied stiffly.
Bidemi shifted on his feet, his eyes roaming everywhere; moving from one end of the road, to every little corner in the car.
' Enter the car, and let us move away from here'.
Charles straightened up, and moved to the door of the back seats.
' Why? Can't we just park at that side to discuss whatever we want to discuss?', Bidemi asked, tugging Charles cloth to stop him from entering the car.
The black man stared at Bidemi, his scowl becoming bigger, making his face look like a smeared butter.
' vho is he?' the European asked with a German accent, his face squeezing as he stared at Bidemi as if he was just seeing he was standing there, then he looked at Charles with the question still lingering on his face.
'erm... I'm sorry, but... That is not too respectful because he is here, you can ask him'.
Bidemi quickly cracked his voice to reduce the tension.
' I'm his friend, he asked me to follow him'.
' Yes ve can go ower there', the German said, shrugging and pointing at a place opposite where they were parked, wind the glasses up and slowly drove the car towards the place he pointed at.
Bidemi and Charles looked at themselves and moved towards the place the pointed.
Before they got there, the European and the black man had come out of the car, each putting an arm on the head of the car, and putting the other one on the door of the car.
' Good morning once again', the European shifting accent to American English as Bidemi and Charles got there.
Bidemi and Charles murmured in reply.
' Can you drive...?', the European asked, his brow lifted up in expectation of a positive answer. The black man looked at the European as if the European had a plan that he did not inform him of, which he ought to have.
' No', replied Charles, who look taken aback by the question.
' No...' Bidemi said as the European was looking towards him. The coolness of the day was beginning to wear off as the heat from the sun began to tear every cold away, driving every omnious feeling from Bidemi's vein.
' Good', the European said, and removed a gun from the back of his pocket, and pointed it at the black man whose eyes had widen, more at out of surprise than out of fear. Bidemi's heart flipped and turned as he stood tranfixed to the same spot. Charles gasped.
' But...But... ', the black man stammered, moving away from the car, his hands lifted to the air.
The European fired the gun at the dark man.
Bidemi swallowed hard, and heard Charles moan as the dark man's body crumpled to the floor, his blood splashing to about. His eyes still widened as though it had expanded sporadically at the sight of the gun, refusing to decrease even at the death of its owner.
The gun shot had made Bidemi temporarily deaf but now he was beginning to hear things clearly now- the chirping insects, the crumpling of dry grasses as the European moved towards him and Charles.
' Get into the car'
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 09, 2015
will continue later but if you really need to read it
visit
http://www.nairawriters.com/category/divepen/
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Chapter 10
She almost jumped out of Joy when Bidemi refused to allow Grace to kiss him.
' Oh! He do not love her'.
She was sure that after he leaves Grace and he finally fall in love with her, he would be the one dying for her kiss unlike Grace, who seems to be begging for the kiss because she had seen the way Bidemi stares at her even when he was beside Grace, when she pass his front. The way he quickly tears his face from her side in Klazz restaurant which he frequents in the afternoon, whenever she wants to look at his side.
She had always pretended as if she did not see him, whenever he does that, but she was always happy since it was hard for the most handsome guy she had ever seen to keep on staring at her amidst her entourage of pretty friends.
Grace had expected the library to be closed for some days, but was surprised when Dr. Olatunji called to inform her that the library would still opened.
Grace had to quickly leave for the library so that she can clear her head a little before she return to her hostel since there was no work to do that day.
' Hey...Babe, I'm going to my faculty',she told her second roommate who was preparing to go to her class.
' Let's walk together'.
They left and chatted all the way to the faculty, giving Grace little chance to think about the murder that had happened or the sender of the threatening messages or Bidemi refusal to kiss her after all this while. The weather was not as cold as it was yesterday, yet she hugged herself when the breeze blew past her.
Her roommate waited for her to open the library since Grace had promised to see her off to her faculty- faculty of Social sciences.
Grace and her roommate met Dr. Olatunji on the stairs.
' Good morning, ma ', she greeted Dr. Olatunji and tried to collect Dr. Olatunji's bag.
' Good morning', Dr.Olatunji replied, withdrawing her hand from the extended hand of Grace, ' don't worry... Leave the bag alone'.
' Let me help you, ma', Grace insisted, trying to take the bag from Dr. Olatunji.
' You are just deceiving yourself, I'm not giving... Ah! Stubborn girl', Dr. Olatunji said, smiling broadly.
' Have you seen Bolu this semester?' Dr. Olatunji asked
Grace froze on the spot she was starting. Blood pumped out of her heart rapidly to her head as she swallowed hard. Have the police start investigating her death or what?
' Don't you know Bolu? Your coursemate', Dr.Olatunji said again as Grace seems looked confounded.
' I know her... I was trying to see if I have seen this semester', she said, her voice on the edge as her heartbeat increased its speed.' I've not seen her this semester'.
' Okay...', Dr. Olatunji said as she turned to leave.
Grace imagination instantly brought back the event to her mind. She can still remember the event vividly. She remembered that day as if had just happened a few minutes ago.
Pearl had told Sparrow, she know of a money in the underground rooms in the library and refused to tell him the code of the case.
' You are going to tell me now or I kill him', Sparrow had announced.
' Okay... The truth is that I don't know the code, but according to the information I got, I was somehow the code, I.e something about me is the code. So, I will have to work on it till I get it. The person even saif that if I was not careful I would be kidnapped. So, you see if '' her royal highness'', there', she said, nodding towars Grace,' had not kidnapped me, I would still be kidnapped, and would still be brought her'.
' Sparrow, leave am. Let her take us there', Grace adviced as she saw what Bolu was doing from the corner of her eyes. Grace wanted to be sure she was right about what she saw Bolu doing: Bolu was recording the event on her phone. Bolu must be a spy.
Sparrow eyes her maliciously.
' What if he tries to run away', Sparrow asked, pointing to Bidemi.
' He can't run away, did you not see that he was ready to die', Bolu answered.
' Sparrow grudgingly loosed, pearl, then loosed Bidemi.
' Now move and lead us there, if anyone of you try any rubbish I will not hestitate to shoot you down'.
Grace then saw it; Bolu was indeed recording the event. Then somethings else caught her attention, she was sending it as a whatsapp message to someone. Grace knew then that Bolu was a spy and had been fooling her all this while, and she herself had so much fallen for Bolu that she could not imagine Bolu was a spy. If the police catch her, what would happen to her? Her parent would find out, and that will ruin their lives because people will know that the daughter of a General Overseer and Founder of a very large church is a cultist.
Grace, at that moment, felt like tieing Bolu down but she knew it would not do anything.
Sparrow would be too happy to kill Bidemi and she must fight it, she wondered why Bidemi himself detested her, why he could not even looked at her unresistible body, why he could not just kiss her. A kiss... Just a kiss.
They went to all the rooms at the opposite side of where they were and found nothing. They went to the right wing and found nothing because the doors were all locked.
By the time they started moving towards the left wing, they were panting and tired from the walk.
' Are you mad?' Sparrow asked,' Why did you deceive us?'

The others stopped. Sparrowvwas looking at her with eyes that were dark as if clouds for rain were gathering in it.
' I am not lying', she replied,' I am sure and I know what I was told was not a false information, let us try the other rooms'.
' Shut up! You are a liar. You just wanted to waste my time abi', he checked the time on his wristwatch,' it will be 6:30 soon, so I will just do what I have to do fast and leave this place.'
' Let's look for it in the remaining rooms now at least they are not up to fifty', she pleaded.
'We need to leave now, and I must kill this guy here before I leave', Sparrow barked, pointing at Bidemi.
' The two of you get down on your knee', he shouted as Grace and Bolu shifted back.
Grace was sure nothing can change Bidemi's death sentence this time unless she kill Bolu. Bidemi knelt and closed his eyes almost immediately.
' I have told you to say your last prayer before, so you don't need to say another one', Sparrow started to say, 'we will miss you bro.'

'Sparrow, please wait', Grace said suddenly.
Sparrow stiffened as he looked at her angrily.
' Let me kill him myself', she said.
Sparrow eyed her with a bad eye. He contemplated on whether to trust or not, his hands hanged beside him wobbily as he kept on looking at her.
He shrugged and handed over the gun to her.
She faced Bidemi.
' I am so sorry but I have to just do this'.
Bidemi was frusrated.
' You people like talking, shoot me and let me gonow. Ah!', he said still shutting his eyes.
She couldn't resist wiping the tears on his cheek. An electrical feeling pass through her body, she felt like holding those hands all year-round, but she decided to hold herself. He would not open his eyes no matter what happen until she shoot him.
' Bolu, please turn back, I don't want you to see this', Grace said. Bolu turned her back at them.
There was silence in the room that could eat deep into the mind of the deads and resurrect them.
Then she shot the gun. Making the silence run into hiding.She shot Bolu and felt fulfilled.
Now, as she and roommate kept on walking towards the back of the Linguistics library that leads to the faculty of social sciences, Grace could not talk again as the image of Bolu's face flooded her thought, she had triedhard to push the thought of Bolu's death away from her mind but now she knew she needed to make restitution, to tell Bolu's mother how she killed her daughter, and preferred to soil the name of her parents to carrying the guilt about because she was beginning to see Bolu's eyes in every things- the clouds, posters, trees e.t.c
Her roommate kept on talking as they moved through the rough path that leads to the back of the library.
Grace eyes were blank as she decided to call tell Bidemi about her fear through whatsapp. She picked her phone and typed,
''Bidemi, I need to see you about Bolu, I'm afraid... I'm afraid''.
Just as she finished typing, she hit her leg on a strong brown stone, and stumbled forward, almost falling, and this made her phone fly out of her right hand and slide gently to the edge of a hole.
The hole had been cemented as if the school authority had plans to turn that place to a suckaway but decided against such act: Beside the hole was a big, grey, fruitless tree under which people sit to read, relax, rehearse or talk. Today and at that time of the day nobody was seen there. The hole had gone down into the ground as though it was sinking into the ground.
Grace moved gently to pick her phone, avoiding the wet grasses with all of her might.
Just as she picked her phone, she stiffened as she saw Bolu in the hole. Bolu was lying in the hole. Bolu's dead body which had been haunting her is now lying in this hole. How would Bolu's dead body leave the underground.
' I'm hallucinating', she whispered, trying to control her breathe that had increased its pace. Her eyes widened
' What are you waiting for?' Her roommate shouted the same time a bird called in the distance.
Grace shook her head to take the thought out of her head, Bolu is not here.
' Are you alright?',her roommate asked, moving towards her.
Bolu is not here, Grace closed her eyes.
' why are you standing like a 'opo in''.
She gently open her eyelid, and peeped into the hole.
Bolu is not in the hole.
' Help!!!' Her roommate shouted as she got near her.
Grace could not move as she kept on staring at the body in the hole.
The eyes of this person had been removed, and flies were hovering round the body. Dry and thick blood had cover most of his face.
'Help', her roommate kept on shouting as people came towards them.
The dead person's body was limp, his hand were resting by his side, and his head lolled to a side as his backbone had broken.
Four boys came running towards them at full speed, skidding to a halt as they got there. They looked as if they had been running from a very far distant, panting heavily, and looked as if they were trying to prevent a war.
They scambled around the hole, and
' Nooooooo', one of them shouted bitterly, ' Gabriel... Gabriel...'
The others joined him in calling the dead guy.
One of the four them tried to enter the hole.
' No... Wait till we've snapped this', an Abefele who came when Grace's roommate shouted said.
Just then a message enter Grace's phone.
' Death... Death is for the disobedient'.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Chapter11
His phone rang again, and he refused to look at it. Yemi was tired of Rose's repulsive attitude: ever since she became pregnant, and God knows she is just a few months pregnant she have never stopped nagging. If the pregnancy gets to the seventh month or its consequent month, how will she behave?
Yemi hissed from the left side of his mouth, then he looked at the phone again and his eyes widen. Rose had called before, complaining about somethings, and Yemi was very happy when the line broke; however, ten minutes later, she called back, but he kept on staring at it because her call was interrupting his chain of thought. He wanted to decipher who was doing the killing in the school, this person was an expert at what he does, he killed those people easily and perfectly, making sure he dropped nothing- not a tiny clue- to make them know the reason for this deaths.
Consequentially, Yemi refused to pick the call but the call was not from Rose: it was from Anjela.
' Hello...Hello... Anjel', Yemi said.
' Hello... Yemi, I will be coming to Ibadan tomorrow, University of Ibadan to be precise, tomorrow'.
' What?', Yemi asked in surprise, his eyes fixed on a part of the wall as he tried to imagine what must have brought her back to Nigeria after all these years.
' Why?', Yemi asked after a few seconds of silence.
' Our informant told us that the code the guy sent...'
' Was not the real one?' Yemi asked, his heart prepared to warm his body with delight if the code was not the real one; he bent forward a bit, ready to jump if Anjela affirm his belief.
' It was... It was...', she replied, making him sigh lightly,' our informant told us that there are seven coded doors to the weaponry, that one was one out of the seven'.
' So, they want to send the new ones to the public?'
' No, they've sent a man to Nigeria...'
' Oh! My God...To kidnap the person'.
' To kidnap the person....' Anjela and Yemi said it together,' yes... To catch the code breaker'.
' Oh!! And this person is Ibadan here?'
' Yes... And the American government wants us to ....', she paused, ' I will tell you everything you need to know when I get there. I will be lodging into U.I hotels when I get there', Anjela said as a beep sound made him know the line as been disconnected.
Yemi did not understand what will happen but he need to start working on this issue alongside the one he has at hand.
He stood up and moved about in his room, rummaging his mind for the most situable way to find this person. It was 8.00am, his wife had gone to their house to get something she needs.
He moved to the window and looked across the road to Zik hall, watching some guys move about in their hall. The cold air came rushing through the window to his bare chest because he had removed his cloth, making his teeth clatter. Though, the sun had started dissolving the body-shaking cold, he still feels the cold, and knew he must take a hot tea.
There was no tea in the house, he smirked, put on his shirt, took his black leather wallet, and went downstairs to buy the tea.
Just as Yemi got outside the main building for him to go the place he would buy the tea, he saw an handsome guy coming out of a silver Bora. Yemi swallowed hard as he looked at the body structure of the guy and felt like running back into the compound because he would not want to compare his ugly self to this handsome guy but he restrained himself after looking at the left and right and seeing that no one was coming at the moment. Yemi could not understand what made the guy handsome- his black, well-ironed blaziers or his neatly shaved oblong face or the cool air that seems to sing in Yemi's ear as he watched the guy moving towards the other side of the car. Yemi could not tell if it was the sweet smell of the flowers in the compound or whether height of the guy was the one making him stay tranfixed as he saw a lady emerging out of the car.
Yemi did not bother looking at the lady because immediately he saw the elegance and the hair of the woman, he scuttled into the building, making sure his ugly face was hidden. The guy pecked the lady on both cheeks, then she turned towards the hostel. His eyes widen.
' My wife', he muttered as he moved slowly out of the doorway to face his wife who was coming into the building, carrying a duffel with her.
'Who was that?'
His phone rang.
' That was....'
' Please, come over here. A dead body had just been found at the faculty of arts'.
' That was...'
' I will come back for you...' He shouted and stormed out of the building walking blindly and briskly towards the faculty of arts.
Re: The Code Breaker by Champion001: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Wow...Wow...
Divepen you are the boss..
Why is this place dry?
This story is something else.
Who is killing people?
Who is threatening Grace?
Abeg next update.
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Champion001:
Wow...Wow...
Divepen you are the boss..
Why is this place dry?
This story is something else.
Who is killing people?
Who is threatening Grace?
Abeg next update.

Thanks boss, I was beginning to wonder if I was not making sense
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bosss! Keep it coming!
Enjoying every bit of it...
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
thronekid:
Bosss! Keep it coming!
Enjoying every bit of it...
good to have you around boss
Re: The Code Breaker by myndd(m): 1:06am On Mar 11, 2015
wow DIVEPEN u b boss oooo
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Divepen:

good to have you around boss
Boss ke?
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2015
myndd:
wow DIVEPEN u b boss oooo
boss mi,,, you are welcome ooo
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 12, 2015
thronekid:

Boss ke?
you are also a boss now
Re: The Code Breaker by princesssusan(f): 10:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Dis is strong
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
princesssusan:
Dis is strong
Really strong...
Re: The Code Breaker by heemah(f): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
Following.....enjoying evry bit of it
Re: The Code Breaker by proflomo(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice one!
Re: The Code Breaker by heemah(f): 10:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Where is divepen Waitiiiiiiinnnnnggggg
Re: The Code Breaker by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
heemah:
Following.....enjoying evry bit of it
Awww... Thanks...
Re: The Code Breaker by myndd(m): 1:49am On Mar 23, 2015
where arth nobody
Re: The Code Breaker by Cyynthia(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
[s][/s]
If You were following the former thread, I'm so sorry it had been deleted, so that we all can all enjoy the stories and not the intro...

Re: The Code Breaker by Cyynthia(f): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
[/s]

[s]
Re: The Code Breaker by Cyynthia(f): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2017
[/s]

[/s]
Re: The Code Breaker by Cyynthia(f): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
[s][/s]

[s][/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Big Mermaid (an Afro fantasy /sci-fi Short Story) / Novels Or Novel Adapted Films: Which Do You Prefer? / Valley Of Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.