Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Do U Have Age Problem? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do U Have Age Problem? (1644 Views)

What Does It Mean,when U Get A Mail Stating U Have Been Invited To See The CEO / E / Re-massive Recruitment In A Newly Establish Coy,send In Ur Cv If U Have Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Have Age Problem? by saintsola(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2006
are u trapped in the middle of job search becos of age discrepancy?
do u need a valid birth certificate that will be backdated to whatever
year u want?
just call this no 08038544071,and u will be connected with the person incharge
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by tochikc: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2006
the wages of Sin is death
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by mammyword: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2006
I believe you are trying to help and thats really nice because i do know how it hurts to find that almost every job you want to apply for has an age limit pegged below your present age and the clock just keeps ticking. However i am one of those Nigerians who believe that this country can be changed for good one person at a time. Therefore drop the idea it aint worth it.
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by LanreDaMan(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2006
Na wa ooooo and you will be the first person to say our LEADERS ARE CORRUPT. He without sin cast the first stone
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by abioye(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2006
Dear Nairaland, this topic is a crucial one. I am trapped in it too, because it has debar me from getting good job. i once applied to Oceanic Bank Plc. Before i was called to write the test, i met one of their top staff in Kaduna, He said i shd reduced my age because i used my real age. He further told me Okocha has a football age, and i shd have a working age too. Could u believe i was not given that job. My friend was given the job because he reduced his age.

I think the best thing our govenment shd do is to stop this age limit when one is seeking for job. It shd not be included on once CV. A young guy of 30 - 35 years can still put in another 20 - 25 years in that organization. If our president can still be in Office at his age, why then shd we not be employed at age 30 - 40 years.

We need to address this age issued in job hunting. But please dont go to the extent of doing what Saintsola said about fixing a birth certificate.

We pray age barrier shd be removed by all organization and employ those they want.
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by earthrealm(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2006
hey, u are promoting crime,
efcc will surely hear of this,
if anybody get age probs n he is not smart enough 2 solve it/find a way around it,
then he is too dumb 2 pass any aptitude test!!!,

u dont have 2 b a rocket scientist b/4 u can figure a way out of the problem,
by advertising it here, U EVEN PUT UR NOS TOO!!!
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by LanreDaMan(m): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2006
Guy
HR personell are not as dumb as they look even if you reduce your age there s a limit to how many years you can remove.
How wil you account for the year you fnished primary, secondary and tetiary institutons.

THN ABOuT IT
Re: Do U Have Age Problem? by checkme: 11:50am On Sep 04, 2006
Hey Guys, this is a serious issue. I am 30 years old ,i have just finished my youth service but this age problem is making me sick any time i see age limit on any advert placement.i pray the government address this issue .

(1) (Reply)

Telecommunication Scholarship Programme(iaes) Calling For Test On 9th / Job At Golden Penny Pasta / Jobs @ Unity Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.