Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,277 members, 7,853,337 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

Error Code - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Error Code (724 Views)

O7 Camry Tyre Pressure Monitor Display Issues And Error Code P0441 Issue / Need Help To Resolve Error Code C1201 In 2010 Rav4 / I Need Help Wit Fixing A P0141 Error Code In My Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Code by Aiykay(m): 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
Did a diagnostic scan on my Lexus Rx 300 2001 model and got these error p0174 and p0420. Please can someone in the house enlighten me more on what they mean? And possible solutions. Thanks
Re: Error Code by DECOtech(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
Aiykay:
Did a diagnostic scan on my Lexus Rx 300 2001 model and got these error p0174 and p0420. Please can someone in the house enlighten me more on what they mean? And possible solutions. Thanks

P0420: catalyst efficiency code. The most common thing is the catalytic converter itself going bad. The other likely thing is the rear O2 (oxygen) sensor going bad. Other things could include exhaust leaks, damaged exhaust pipes, damaged O2 sensor wiring/connectors, plugged catalytic converter, etc.

P0174: means the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. this can happen when your air filter has become very oily. Remove the MAF sensor and have it cleaned. if this doesn't solve the problem, have the MAF sensor replaced. Please don't rule out the possibility of faulty wiring harness to the MAF.

1 Like

Re: Error Code by Aiykay(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks very much decotech
Re: Error Code by IamJavier: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
Eyepencil bro, I'm reporting for Iamkingzlee as the CM. Cyprus sends greetings also. I've sent you a mail please kindly reply. Actually would like to get ur contact. So you could inbox me that when you get this mention.

Thanks bro. We grateful
Re: Error Code by Eyepencil: 9:08am On Jun 25, 2015
IamJavier:
Eyepencil bro, I'm reporting for Iamkingzlee as the CM. Cyprus sends greetings also. I've sent you a mail please kindly reply. Actually would like to get ur contact. So you could inbox me that when you get this mention.

Thanks bro. We grateful
I'm having some issues with my mail. But dnt worry i wil deliver for him as i promised cyprus.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cars Of 2014 / What You Must Do While Driving / Motoring Nigeria Set To Launch Nigeria's First Automobile E-magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.