Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice (982 Views)

A Challenge Facing Programming In Nigeria / Tools You Must Have To Start Programming In Nigeria / Can I Learn Medicine And Practice Coding At Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by AAinEqGuinea: 4:05am On Mar 20, 2015
1. Which software development method was taught to you as the best approach to software (including web) development?
example: in formal education, being self taught, from a programming guru, etc

2.Despite the methods of programming you learned, which programming approach works best for you and which planning activity comes first?

example (in no particular order): gathering user stories, modeling/wireframing, pseudocode, component-based programming (recycling), etc

3. If working for a company, which method are you forced to use?
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by babatope88(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
To say the fact, I didn't understand the question
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by AAinEqGuinea: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
babatope88:
To say the fact, I didn't understand the question

When you have new or current projects that you're building, what programming method(s) do you use to begin or complete them?

Do you begin coding right away for new projects or when modifying current projects or do you blueprint a prototype of the program (using UML) to confirm with a boss or client?

If so, were you taught to program in this manner or does the nature of your current work force you to evolve different approaches from what you were taught when you began coding?
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by Pakingzzz(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
Helo AAinEqGuinea:, i need your service.
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by AAinEqGuinea: 1:04am On Mar 22, 2015
Pakingzzz:
Helo AAinEqGuinea:, i need your service.
How are u? How can I Help?
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by MayorofLagos(m): 3:09am On Mar 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by Pakingzzz(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

How are u? How can I Help?

I got this 3D house printer going again, here: https://www.nairaland.com/2208205/making-3d-house-printer-nigeria
If i must accomplish that, i will need a programmer to work with.

1 Like

Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by AAinEqGuinea: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
Pakingzzz:

I got this 3D house printer going again, here: https://www.nairaland.com/2208205/making-3d-house-printer-nigeria
If i must accomplish that, i will need a programmer to work with.

NICE and great to see you're still passionately working . I'm currently working on projects for work, but i briefly looked over your requirements and I'd like to work with you.
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by babatope88(m): 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
I'm yet to start working for client, skills wise, I'm still lacking one or two things. Never the less I have eye on S.O.L.I.D design pattern
Re: Programming in Theory verses Programming in Practice by AAinEqGuinea: 9:38am On Mar 23, 2015
babatope88:
I'm yet to start working for client, skills wise, I'm still lacking one or two things. Never the less I have eye on S.O.L.I.D design pattern

Best of luck in learning and eventually landing clients

(1) (Reply)

Security System Installations! / Microsoft Will Only Allow Cortana To Use Edge And Bing From Now On / Facebook Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.