Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

What Is Wrong? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Wrong? (3332 Views)

10 Warning Signs That Something Is Wrong With Your Liver! / I Don't Know What Is Wrong With My Waist / What Is Wrong With My Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Please can someone explain why I have swollen skin, dizziness and blurred vision whenever black ants bite me . Currently I have swollen skin at various part of my body usually it take days, before it gets to normal.
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Besides if it bites me in a particular spot, the whole of that area gets infected as if I was thoroughly flogged.
Re: What Is Wrong? by obi4eze(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Inflammatory response
Re: What Is Wrong? by omicron(m): 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:
Please can someone explain why I have swollen skin, dizziness and blurred vision whenever black ants bite me . Currently I have swollen skin at various part of my body usually it take days, before it gets to normal.
It's an allergic reaction. Your body reacts to the chemicals released in your body when you are stung by the ants. This is usually in the form of rashes, swelling of the sting sites and itching of the skin. Normal over-the-counter antihistamins such as Piriton, Phernegan and Loratidine will relieve these symptoms. The former two may cause drowsiness, but not the latter.

However, in severe reactions -which can happen following repeated stings - you could have dizziness, blurred vision, fainting and breathing problems. Seems like your symtoms are approaching the severe. While oral antihistamins can provide little relief here, you will need to see your doctor when you have features of severe allergic reaction/anaphylaxis

The best treatment however is prevention of ant bites, as there will be nothing to react to if you do not get bitten.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
uhm op, your bedroom dey on top ant hill?
how come you just turn customer for them black ants??

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
IT means ure possess with ogbanje,mammy water, iruku,iroko tree and amadioha spirit, so u need deliverance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong? by YUNGLURD(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
softapple:
IT means ure possess with ogbanje,mammy water, iruku,iroko tree and amadioha spirit, so u need deliverance.
ur siggy tells wut u deal wit.
@op, I think salt works well, just rub it on the affected part immediately ants bites u.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
YUNGLURD:
ur siggy tells wut u deal wit.
@op, I think salt works well, just rub it on the affected part immediately ants bites u.
mr man y did u quote me?
Re: What Is Wrong? by YUNGLURD(m): 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
softapple:
mr man y did u quote me?
u can do better than the advice u gave the op. Bye

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
omicron:
It's an allergic reaction. Your body reacts to the chemicals released in your body when you are stung by the ants. This is usually in the form of rashes, swelling of the sting sites and itching of the skin. Normal over-the-counter antihistamins such as Piriton, Phernegan and Loratidine will relieve these symptoms. The former two may cause drowsiness, but not the latter.

However, in severe reactions -which can happen following repeated stings - you could have dizziness, blurred vision, fainting and breathing problems. Seems like your symtoms are approaching the severe. While oral antihistamins can provide little relief here, you will need to see your doctor when you have features of severe allergic reaction/anaphylaxis

The best treatment however is prevention of ant bites, as there will be nothing to react to if you do not get bitten.

Thank.Guess I will get the drugs you suggested because all the swollen areas is now looking sore and red.
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
henribj:
uhm op, your bedroom dey on top ant hill?
how come you just turn customer for them black ants??
Lmao.
Sometimes it's really not the ants.
sometimes it's water(maybe, cos I am still trying to figure out . Because when I went my parents house in lagos, I had same reactions).i know I react badly to something far worse when I travel to the village.My parents are still trying to figure this because last Xmas was quite terrible. My whole body, was badly itching and swollen. Even when I returned back to Abuja,after taking antibiotics, I itched for close to two weeks.
Re: What Is Wrong? by omicron(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Thank.Guess I will get the drugs you suggested because all the swollen areas is now looking sore and red.
Sorry about that. Maybe you 'over-cratched' the rashes. You may get the drugs from any pharmacy. Tabs loratidine 10mg daily. You may add any of Piriton or Phernegan to it esp at nights.

Other drugs you may need, esp when severe or complcated, are prescription medicines.
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
omicron:
Sorry about that. Maybe you 'over-cratched' the rashes. You may get the drugs from any pharmacy. Tabs loratidine 10mg daily. You may add any of Piriton or Phernegan to it esp at nights.

Other drugs you may need, esp when severe or complcated, are prescription medicines.

Thanks.we do that right away.i appreciate. Thanks.
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Thanks.we do that right away.i appreciate. Thanks.
Pictures or adonbilivit....
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
SmartChoices:

Pictures or adonbilivit....

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Really this your newfound love for made up animals is interesting ...
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
SmartChoices:

Really this your newfound love for made up animals is interesting ...

grin grin
Got tired of yabbing with words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao.
sometimes it's water(maybe, cos I am still trying to figure out . Because when I went my parents house in lagos, I had same reactions).i know I react badly to something far worse when I travel to the village.My parents are still trying to figure this because last Xmas was quite terrible. My whole body, was badly itching and swollen. Even when I returned back to Abuja,after taking antibiotics, I itched for close to two weeks.

eh yah
i do think it's the water though, why i say so is because i also have same experience when i bath(not always though), but my case is not as extreme as yours. yours is probably extreme cos of the texture of your skin since your a woman and also the cream and other stuffs you women apply to your skin.
as for the dizziness and blurred vision, that is way out of my league.. you sure no be alien black ants bite you?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
henribj:

eh yah
i do think it's the water though, why i say so is because i also have same experience when i bath(not always though), but my case is not as extreme as yours. yours is probably extreme cos of the texture of your skin since your a woman and also the cream and other stuffs you women apply to your skin.
as for the dizziness and blurred vision, that is way out of my league.. you sure no be alien black ants bite you?

Lmao @ alien.
Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao @ alien.

just be careful with that piritin prescription though, it contains chloro-quine or so if i am not mistaken, it really messes up my system when i take it, have only taken it once when i had malaria + typhoid and it was given to me without my knowledge/consent... come see itching nah, i do vigil by force.
by the way, that your smile is a killer, do come to Lagos soon.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
henribj:

just be careful with that piritin prescription though, it contains chloro-quine or so if i am not mistaken, it really messes up my system when i take it, have only taken it once when i had malaria + typhoid and it was given to me without my knowledge/consent... come see itching nah, i do vigil by force.

Thanks. smiley
Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Thanks. smiley

You are welcome
Keep in touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong? by praxisnetworks: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by omicron(m): 6:21am On Apr 04, 2015
henribj:

Piriton is an antihistamin sir. It does not contain chloroquine. It is chlorpenamine, a 1st generation antihistamin. It is usually given along with chloroqine in order to relieve the itching caused by the chloroquine.

Your information is misleading, and it is based on a one-off experience you did not understand. Do not give health/medical advice if you are not certain of the facts. Though, your intentions are good, you may be doing more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2015
omicron:
Piriton is an antihistamin sir. It does not contain chloroquine. It is chlorpenamine, a 1st generation antihistamin. It is usually given along with chloroqine in order to relieve the itching caused by the chloroquine.

Your information is misleading, and it is based on a one-off experience you did not understand. Do not give health/medical advice if you are not certain of the facts. Though, your intentions are good, you may be doing more harm than good.

Alright, duly noted.
op EggovinMma please take note, before they say i yaf kill you for them o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong? by omicron(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
henribj:

Alright, duly noted.
op EggovinMma please take note, before they say i yaf kill you for them o
lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by Abiagirl777(f): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lmao.

Lol, it's not ants rather change of environment.only my cousin suffers from such each time she goes to the village with us,she''ll be complaining of things biting her which we never see and then right there in our presence swollen reddish marks begins to appear on her, it''ll clear on its one.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 05, 2015
Abiagirl777:

Lol, it's not ants rather change of environment.only my cousin suffers from such each time she goes to the village with us,she''ll be complaining of things biting her which we never see and then right there in our presence swollen reddish marks begins to appear on her, it''ll clear on its one.

True! As I tried finding what itches me but nay, seems they are all invisible. It goes on its own but it takes time and it's very uncomfortable because it itches.
Re: What Is Wrong? by Abiagirl777(f): 9:10am On Apr 05, 2015
EggovinMma:

True! As I tried finding what itches me but nay, seems they are all invisible. It goes on its own but it takes time and it's very uncomfortable because it itches.

Na big man body you go carry, with time you''ll outgrow it that's if you go there frequently so Ur body will get accustomed to it.
I also remember there's tubelike cream the doc prescribed for her to rub each time she is about traveling
Re: What Is Wrong? by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 05, 2015
Abiagirl777:

Na big man body you go carry, with time you''ll outgrow it that's if you go there frequently so Ur body will get accustomed to it.
I also remember there's tubelike cream the doc prescribed for her to rub each time she is about traveling
Please do you have an idea of the name of the cream?
Re: What Is Wrong? by henribj(m): 9:44am On Apr 05, 2015
Sand flies, them full village, and they can hardly be seen by the naked eyes, you don't even feel them when they descend on you, you only feel the itching and swelling

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Breaks Toilet With Her Butt While Standing And Pooing- Very Graphic Photo / . / Fed Government Warns Manufacturers Against Substandard Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.