Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Question About Ps3 - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Question About Ps3 (3325 Views)

What Do I Need To Know About Ps3? / . / Urgent Help About Ps3 Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ lexyman,
you are doing a great job man. bravo.

blacklion ,
Sony stoped the production of 60gb PS3 model which had backward compatiability for all PS1 and most PS2 softwares in order to reduce cost.
sony still loose about $50 for every PS3 sold world wide.

Which PS3 games has the highest ratings? Which ones will you recommend for a 10yrs old boy?
highest rating games includes ;
Resistance 2
Metal gear solid. guns of the patroit.
little big planet
gran theft auto 4
uncharted.
killzone 2 . due 4 release feb 27th. etc

i will recomend LittleBigPlanet and gran theft for you, if actually u claimed to be 10. grin
metal gear was easily one of the best games last year, a true master piece. that almost pushed PS3 to it limits.
recall that the 360 is already maxed out with RED factor.
but if you haven't played metal gear from part 1 till the last installment, i doubt if you would enjoy it, it would look wierd and insane.

Also, between PS3 and PSP, which do you prefer/recommend? Which one has the better games?
Ps3 defines tru  and high defination gaming,
PSP is a also a nice game.
but i think PS3 would  be better and value for money.
there's been rumors that PSP2 is on the way, but Sony has not confirmed it.

sighs, thank GOD you didn't ask about wii, because i don't consider it as next-gen console but a gimmick.

cheers!
Re: Question About Ps3 by blacklion(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ vowiski, thanks again for the most informative comments. As per naija, there are always kids, nephews, cousins around me and there's no way, I'll buy PS3 and they won't want to play. even neighbours' kids. The little big planet and gran theft will be for the kids grin perhaps, i can bribe them with d PSP.

No vex o for anoda kweshion cheesy What do you advise concerning size of HDD? 80GB or 160GB? The price difference is about $100 but I'm wondering if 80GB will really be used up so fast. I thought the games are played directly from the discs but lexyman explained some older games load from the HDD for faster loading and that ultimately bigger HDD will pay me better in the long run. What do you think? If there is much benefit, fine, I don't mind paying the extra bucks. But if I can save the $100, undecided
Re: Question About Ps3 by lexyman(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2009
$100 is a whole lot of money, among the listed games little big planet is the only game meant for a 10yr old boy, but others can be played by some '' ''10yrs old men'' smiley i guess there 're some other nice games
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 9:53pm On Jan 30, 2009
getting a PS3 and PSP is the most brillant and perfect thing.
they can work remotely.

yea. 80gb is ok,
only few games had madatory installs, like Devil may cry4, metal gear, little big planet.
if you add all together it would be like 11gb, 
but when you are tru with a game you can delete it. and free up space.

most laptops are 80gb-120gb, how many people have maxed out all the availavlable space?
2000 musical  tracks could take only about 2gb.

then, when there were madatory installs, developers were not used to the moster machine,
at least killzone2 which will definately be the best game of this year with reviews ranging form 9.0-10.0 has no madatory install.
so things are just getting beter by the day.
stick to the 80gb. it a cool machine.

you could  use the extral cash to get more games,
Re: Question About Ps3 by blacklion(m): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2009
Thanks guys! I appreciate the education you're giving me. I think I'll go for the 80gb and use the $100 saved to buy the PSP. I saw it at $169 at bestbuy website. lexyman, expect my call when I receive them
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2009
Thanks
thanks 4 the thanks.

modified.
Re: Question About Ps3 by lexyman(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2009
i will wait to hear frm u, goodluck
Re: Question About Ps3 by Sauron1: 11:25pm On Jan 30, 2009
vowiski:

Funny how you  sound more like a RETARD!
why do you contradict your self.
What contradiction?? PS3 consoles are region-free but the games can be coded.
That has been ma stance from page one, u dork!!!

If stupidity is sold at 1 kobo, you are a billionaire in dollars(U do the math!!!).
You have to be the most spastic, moronic and the most weak-minded cunt on this forum with your sub-normal intelligence.

have you read through your posts over again, if you have u should have realized how
riddiculous your are.
is it not foolish being you? out of the 20 million ps3 users, you are the only one who has bought a game in one
region and did not work in another.

It is not hard to tell that you are a ninny. . . . . .Where did i say i bought a game in one region and it refused to work in another place??
People with HDTV will never experience this problem but people with SDTV are likely to encounter it.
All i said was Sony games would be region free but Sony itself cannot stop other publishers from region locking.
This is a link that tells all the affected PS3 games that might not play in other regions. . .

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1347414&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-games/622804-80028f10-error-compatibility-list-sd-tvs.html
All these people had problems playing PS3(UK) games on USA consoles with a SDTV and  there's a long list of affected games.

Coming here to say u have been gaming since u were 5. . . .We are not talking about draughts n Ludo games here, loser.

an abortion would have done the miracle, but how about leaving a fagot who has no purpose in life but no annoy the general online population.
~Sauron~ , get a life.

U are a waste of your father's Y-chromosomes.
If only u had paid attention in school, u wouldn't be here spewing gibberish.
Get some education and stop being a troll online.
Re: Question About Ps3 by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 31, 2009
blacklion:

@ khai khai,

thanks for the information. pls excuse my ignorance but i'm a little confused. why would i exhaust a whole 80GB? I thought the PS3 plays the games from the PS3 disc. Does one have to download the game from the disc to the hard drive in order to play it? I thought the hard drive was there basically to store things temporarily like photos, mp3s, movie files etc. Please clarify. Thanks again.
As you've already been told, some games require mandatory HDD installs.
If you just play games on you console, you will not need more than 80GB. If you are like me and you have a couple of PSN games, [i]HiDef [/i]DivX movies, TV shows and music to play while playing [i]some [/i]games. You will see your HDD space fast running out. I'll suggest you stick with the 80GB version, and get that PSP. Both are very good entertainment platforms

Now, games for a 10 yr old. LittleBigPlanet, as they've already said. There also PSN games, lots of sports games and a few racing games too.
I believe there are 2 Sonic games.
Browse through amazon.com and and newegg.com for more games.
That's where I get most gaming needs. Why pay tax, when you can not pay tax. grin
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 3:33am On Jan 31, 2009
@~Sauron~
All i said was Sony games would be region free but Sony itself cannot stop other publishers from region locking.
the publishers your father hired? huh?
Oops, he can't even afford a loaf of bread. lol grin
what a waste of bandwidth.

Coming here to say u have been gaming since u were 5. . . .We are not talking about draughts n Ludo games here, loser.
how more pathetic could you be?

You have to be the most spastic, moronic and the most weak-minded cunt on this forum with your sub-normal intelligence.
to forget one's purpose in life is the commonest form of stupidity.

If only u had paid attention in school, u wouldn't be here spewing gibberish.
Get some education and stop being a troll online.
a year before this quote, i had already gotten my, CCNA, CCNP,Comptia and MNIM,
so who should go back to kindergatten.?
you can say trash here,
abnormality is normality in your entire ancestors and generation.

so what do i care? after all. it's in you.
Re: Question About Ps3 by Sauron1: 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2009
vowiski:

@~Sauron~ the publishers your father hired? huh?
Oops, he can't even afford a loaf of bread. lol grin
what a waste of bandwidth.

Yet anutha endless stream of pretentious bullshit. . . . .
I supplied u with facts and all u can do is put your leprous tail between your legs and crawl. . . . .
Were u not boasting you have been gaming since age 5, and your retarded self never knew some games aint compatible on SDTV??
Bloody liar!!!

how more pathetic could you be?
to forget one's purpose in life is the commonest form of stupidity.

It's obvious u have been smoking your father's pubic hair. grin grin grin grin

a year before this quote, i had already gotten my, CCNA, CCNP,Comptia and MNIM,
so who should go back to kindergatten.?
you can say trash here,

Idiot. . . . . .CCNA n CCNP??
Any serial self-servicer like you can come online n boast they were born with a Ph.D certificate.
A Cisco engineer interested in games would know PAL/NTSC systems have different resolutions on a SDTV.
It's not rocket science so shut the Bleep up.

abnormality is normality in your entire ancestors and generation.

Look at this spastic donkey spewing ebonics when i have already proven spermflakes occupy where your brain cells are.
How can anyone argue on what they don't have??
Are we even sure u have a PS3 console?? Cos if u do. . . . .U won't be arguing any PS3 game will play on any PS3 console.
Are u an illiterate in disguise??

so what do i care? after all. it's in you.

U should care cos u were born from a poisoned semen and an ovarian cyst.
My advice: Kill yourself and hope u can come back as a normal human being and not a serial self-servicer that you are.
You know NOTHING about gaming.
Re: Question About Ps3 by skibano: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
A Clean sony ps3, 60gb with 2 wireless pads and pes2008. Price is 60k
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 9:09pm On Jan 31, 2009
~Sauron~

I supplied u with facts and all u can do is put your leprous tail between your legs and crawl. .
Facts from a slowpoke like you, u based all your credibility and facts from a member in one dumb forum, and you come here to blab.
that's where the difference comes btw me and you.
it is so pathetic being you.
weak people never give up when they ought to.
you are the biggest insane little brat i ve had a conversstion with in the last 2 weeks.
i never knew i was just wasting my time trying to help you.
i never knew you dont even know the meaning of REGION CODING.
GOD,  how could this be. shocked i should ve ingnored you ever since.

~Sauron~ you are hopeless, inerbriated, arrogant, plain, unassuming and unintellegent.
you had better know how to make use of your Stupidity.

slowpoke!
Re: Question About Ps3 by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2009
vowiski:

~Sauron~
Facts from a slowpoke like you, u based all your credibility and facts from a member in one dumb forum, and you come here to blab.
that's where the difference comes btw me and you.
it is so pathetic being you.
weak people never give up when they ought to.

The lads on that forum are honest, educated with a high degree of exposure. . . . .
A village gutter rat like you who has prolly never seen a PS3 console coming here to blab on what your whole lineage can never afford.
U have to be the most retarded sonofawhore i have ever come across on this forum. . . .
Cheer up, i might find someone more mentally-eroded before the summer.

you are the biggest insane little brat i ve had a conversstion with in the last 2 weeks.
i never knew i was just wasting my time trying to help you.
i never knew you dont even know the meaning of REGION CODING.
GOD,  how could this be. shocked i should ve ingnored you ever since.

If only your father had used the money wasted on your education to buy trojan condoms, a poor excuse of a fella like you will not be constituting a nuisance on a public forum.
The money spent on your child development was a sheer waste. . . . .U are the semen your mother shoulda lapped up.
Idiot savant does not even know PAL/NTSC systems have compatibility problems with some PS3 consoles on SDTV!!!
Ask your spastic self what this means. . . .80028F10 Error. . .Dumb numbskull lying he's been gaming since age 5.
I showed him facts and he is questioning the credibility of 2 websites. . . . .U better learn from intellectuals instead of wallowing in your stupidity.

~Sauron~ you are hopeless, inerbriated, arrogant, plain, unassuming and unintellegent.
you had better know how to make use of your Stupidity.
slowpoke!

You are naive, confused, pest-natured, classless, crude, shallow, pseudo-moral, plonker, simple-minded, bird-brained, simpleton, self-affected,
inexcusable, uncivilised, uneducated, half-witted, poverty-stricken sonofawhore.
Like i have said, stop smoking your father's pubic hair. grin
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 4:55am On Feb 01, 2009
~Sauron~
I showed him facts and he is questioning the credibility of 2 websites. . . . .U better learn from intellectuals instead of wallowing in your stupidity.
funny how you sound more like a retard.
if you think gaimnig jonalisim was easy, then think again.
you can beleive what ur fucking brains want to beleive.
it doesnt change the fact that you are a slowpoke!

i have never in my entire adult life seen a slowpoke who based his facts on morons like he is
making him think he is making sense where as he is just a joke.

~Sauron~, you are a disgrace to your ancestors, your generations and to humanity.
your parent made a very big mistake that very night.
Re: Question About Ps3 by kosovo(m): 5:06am On Feb 01, 2009
~Sauron~
to say that i am ashamed to hear you based all ur facts on a forum is to say the obvious.

vowiski,
regard it as more courageous not to become involved in an engagement than to win in battle, and where there is already one interfering fool, take care that there shall not be two,  forgive him his ignorance, one day he'd be wise. grin
forget about this slowpoke as you said, he ain't got anything reasonable to offer.
Re: Question About Ps3 by vowiski(m): 5:12am On Feb 01, 2009
@kosovo
~Sauron~
to say that i am ashamed to hear you based all ur facts on a forum is to say the obvious.
i tought i was the only one who NOTICED!

forgive him his ignorance, one day he'd be wise.
A priest asked the spanish statesman and general Romon Maria Navaez (1800-1868),
"Does your Excellency forgive all your enemies?" " I do not have to forgive my enemies" answered Navaez, "I have them all shot."

what possibe good can come from  the ignorance OF other people., his case his HOPELESS!
Re: Question About Ps3 by Sauron1: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2009
vowiski:

~Sauron~ funny how you sound more like a retard.
if you think gaimnig jonalisim was easy, then think again.
you can beleive what ur fucking brains want to beleive.
it doesnt change the fact that you are a slowpoke!

Yet anutha waste of bandwidth from an autistic savant. . . . . .
Gaming journalist cannot even spell ordinary words. . . . .U want us to believe you are a journalist with your poor penmanship??
I repeat the money wasted on your development shoulda been used to buy condoms.

i have never in my entire adult life seen a slowpoke who based his facts on morons like he is
making him think he is making sense where as he is just a joke.

You are a silly hilly billy. . . . . .
Pudden-headz like you should be castrated and cast into the abyss.
I have educated you enough. . . .Tell us the meaning of the Error Code i mentioned above if u think all PS3 games will play on ALL PS3 consoles.
How retarded can u be?? Were u born feet first?? Brains overcooked which resulted in TRISOMY 13 you are suffering from??

~Sauron~, you are a disgrace to your ancestors, your generations and to humanity.
your parent made a very big mistake that very night.

You are a boil on the ass of humanity.
Your mother shoulda wiped you off her diseased cunt when your father spilled his poisoned semen.

kosovo:

~Sauron~

Look at this dingbat pushing his nose in what he does not understand.
Are u a retard?? Lemme guess. . . . . .You are Vowiski's dad??
U are the loser responsible for raising this zoophile who is mentally-derailed.
Shame on you and your whole lineage.

Anutha excerpt from wiki. . . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout

The Playstation 3 further complicate matters as while it was originally advertised to be region-free[1][2], it was eventually found to have partial regional lockout like the PSP[3]. Like the PSP, regional lockout for PS3 games is optional and a developer may choose to not implement it at all, although the PS3 will still honor the region codes of PS2 and PS1 games as well as DVD and Blu-Ray discs. At the moment, like the PSP, only one game is known to be region-locked- EA's Army of Two[4]

vowiski,
regard it as more courageous not to become involved in an engagement than to win in battle, and where there is already one interfering fool, take care that there shall not be two,  forgive him his ignorance, one day he'd be wise. grin
forget about this slowpoke as you said, he ain't got anything reasonable to offer.

Look at these 2 ponces trying to cover up their illiteracy.
It's not hard to tell you guys are gays rimming each other's asses. . . .The 2nd guess would be Vowiski = Kosovo
Fuckever the moronic names y'all losers wish to answer make no difference to me. . . . .
I have done the ultimate thingy. . . .I have exposed y'all follyz.
Buncha asswipes.
Re: Question About Ps3 by superstan(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ sauron,

you are very correct. not all ps3 games are region free.

moreover, it is the discretion of the developers to enfore coding if they wish. sony cannot control that.

this is what phil harrison said in 2006.

“The things that make a console region free are different from what makes games region free.” Voltage differences, plug styles and that sort of thing mean that there will naturally be different SKUs for different regions. But at the same time, software will be region free. It’s possible for developers to enforce whatever encoding and format limitations they want. “If they want to divide it, that’s their choice. But the concept is that content is region free.”
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=8637 (last paragraph).
stop arguing with these ignoramuses.
Re: Question About Ps3 by Sauron1: 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2009
superstan:

@ sauron,

you are very correct. not all ps3 games are region free.

moreover, it is the discretion of the developers to enfore coding if they wish. sony cannot control that.

I have had enuff of em morons on this section.
Why argue over something you know nothing about. . . . .This Vowiski is a Arrow by all standards.
I was only advising Blacklion to make sure he's got a HDTV if he is thinking of buying games from all across the globe and this dingbat came with his rants and he was spewing unadulterated balderdash.
Re: Question About Ps3 by dinozzo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2009
its true, there are issues

Click
Re: Question About Ps3 by superstan(m): 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2009
dinozzo:

its true, there are issues

Click

thank you, bros. let me quickly bookmark the page to get the list of affected games.
Re: Question About Ps3 by Shaz(f): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2009
[center]Thread Locked.[/center]

(1) (2)

PS3 Slim 320GB With One Pad And 10 Installed Games For Sale / Football Manager Mobile 2017: Local Champion Challenge / From Software Meme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.