Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,714,726 members, 6,415,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 August 2021 at 08:50 AM

What Is This Life? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is This Life? (640 Views)

This Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Life? by eazzzy1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
As I woke up this morning, preparing for work, series of thoughts and events flashed through my mind. I remembered my very best friend who was the most brilliant student in my post graduate class. He was so brilliant and loved by everybody around him, he was nice and caring, he would go the extra mile to explain and teach every student who sought his time. John would alter his schedule freely to help other people do things. Every thing is perfect about John, you would think. But John was rendered disabled by the community.

John, while growing up was in an accident that affected his legs, He would limp from place to place and found it very stressful to stand. This did not deter him from been very nice to people.

We graduated from school and everybody went on to do different things, some of the students John tutored had gone ahead to be professionals in their fields. My friend was unable to get a job. He would send his c.v out and receive calls instantly asking to schedule an interview, on getting there, when his ‘condition’ is noticed, the interviewer hurriedly conduct a senseless interview and ask him to wait for their call. On a particular occasion he sent his resume out, the company quickly called him asking that he resumes work the next day. The day he resumed, he reported himself at the receptionist, the receptionist smiled welcoming him, she then put a call to the manager. The manager came out with a broad smile, then the worst happened, let us go to my office, as John struggled to stand, he saw the managers countenance changed, The manager took him in, told him it was unfortunate the position was filled the same day and he would call him if another opportunity came up.

John was unemployed three years after M.B.A, The most brilliant mind in a class of over seventy students could not secure a job. His condition defined who he was, how he lived, what he did and every other aspect of his beautiful life. Needless to say, his health worsened, he tried committing suicide a couple of times but was prevented.

This brings me back to the question, what is this life? why do people define other people by just the bad and ugly they see in them? Their eyes and mind are shut to the thousands of beautiful things embedded in the persons character.

John died after battling with chronic depression, high blood pressure and several other mental illness.

Some people will sell their goods to even a mad man, as long as he has money, some will render services to someone who sits on a wheel chair, but then, they still define him with a certain physical feature.

Stop killing today, Learn to see the good in people.

culled from https://aremosuper./2015/04/16/hello-world/
Re: What Is This Life? by philoxy4: 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Life is...,I really don't have the answer but it is the decisions we make everyday and the consequences that follow.
Re: What Is This Life? by rudepen(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2015
This life is just like a warfront...u decide ur survival..

(1) (Reply)

Mirror (the midnight experience) / Living Dead By OLUMIDE LEKAN #mobilebookshelfwaw / Elergy Written On February 14th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.