Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Misconceptions About Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions About Islam (8383 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Terrorism

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by dulux07(m): 7:20am On Apr 18, 2015
undecided in this 21st century, islam is ONE of the worlds major problem. Imagine d world without islam, even most muslim dominated countries r not peaceful. No offense, no sentiment, it jst the realistic truth.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2015
If muslims are terrorist, why is it that it's only Muslim countries that suffers from terrorism? why would a Muslim fighting for Islam kill a Muslim

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2015
dulux07:
undecided in this 21st century, islam is ONE of the worlds major problem. Imagine d world without islam, even most muslim dominated countries r not peaceful. No offense, no sentiment, it jst the realistic truth.
21 st century.... how is islam a major problem... why?

Muslim dominated countries that are not peaceful ...like which country and why are they not peaceful?

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2015
muslims are not terrorist....

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by dulux07(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

Muslim dominated countries that are not peaceful ...like which country and why are they not peaceful?

thanks
stop bhavin lik a novice, virtually all present day terrorists r muslims, u know d muslim countries am referrin to, n if u dont, kindly check google, n read abt them.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by dulux07(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

thanks
stop actin lik a novice, virtually all present day terrorists r muslims, u know d muslim countries am referrin to, n if u dont, kindly check google, n read abt them.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 7:54am On Apr 18, 2015
iran nuclear weapon....when USA attacks and kill millions of muslims in Muslim countries.... media is silent..... when those countries retaliate in vengeance... media starts shouting terrorist....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:01am On Apr 18, 2015
dulux07:

stop actin lik a novice, virtually all present day terrorists r muslims, u know d muslim countries am referrin to, n if u dont, kindly check google, n read abt them.

laughing... this is very simple bro. just tell me points to prove yourself... do you think Osama is a terrorist? you think sadam Hussein is a terrorist? you think Mohammed ghadafi is a terrorist? .... bro... don't just believe everything you read or hear from news.. gets your facts right before judging..

media is one of the tools in use to deface Islam

where do you think the 72 virgins comes from? where do you think taqqiyah comes from? and other lies about islam?

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by malvisguy212: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
If muslims are terrorist, why is it that it's only Muslim countries that suffers from terrorism? why would a Muslim fighting for Islam kill a Muslim
muslims are fighting everybody, them self and other religion,when last you read in the news a christian attack a muslim in Saudi Arabia? But even in a christian populated nation, a muslim will still have the mind to killed christians and bomb churches. "love to the believers and ash to the unbelievers" Islamic motto.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2015
.Concerning Ayeesha age....

some hadith reports that she's 9 ... let's just reason, is it possible for prophet of God to marry a 9 year old girl?

and hadith has it's place In Islam. hadith is saying and deeds of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)....

we(muslims) were warned to only believe in reasonable hadith.. people tends to misinterpret and misunderstand what they hear...

that's why we have so many hadith collectors...

before you believe in any hadith, who reported it, how many reporter's (hadith) reports something similar or same to it...

solution to Ayeesha age is here...

please follow this link..

https://shahydcharming./truth-about-aishas-ra-age/
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by thorpido(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2015
I will agree there are misconceptions but there are deep internal problems in Islam that muslims keep pretending does not exist.See the question he was asked and see the kind of answers(or better still questions) he gave.
Rather than deal with issues,muslims will rather divert attention and start speaking about events in the past.There was world war years ago but we are dealing with issues NOW.Blaming the western media,talking about the past and what others are doing or have done.The problem between Shiite and Sunni is also caused by Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
muslims are fighting everybody, them self and other religion,when last you read in the news a christian attack a muslim in Saudi Arabia?
when last do you read Christian attacking Muslim in saudo Arabia.. muslims are being killed and attacked... media never reports It... 3 muslims students are killed by Christians and media didn't say anything.. a Muslim was killed by Christian and media never blame it on that person or Christianity.. they say the guy is mentally not ok.. if a Muslim just slap a Christian, entire Muslim race will be blamed for it and they will call us a terrorist..

But even in a christian populated nation, a muslim will still have the mind to killed christians and bomb churches.(i don't dispute that both muslims and Christians are their victims) for a terrorist acclaimed to be Muslim to enter mosque and kill people. that' same terrorist group killed Christians and it's all blamed on Muslim...

what makes one a Muslim (by abiding by quran and hadith) it's no where In Quran or hadith that supports terrorism.. check the pictures i uploaded earlier.. is someone doing everything that is against Islam deserves to be called a Muslim because you dress like a Muslim and became you can read Quran? Arabic is just a language.. following what's In Quran matters (MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST)

"love to the believers and ash to the unbelievers" Islamic motto.

laughing... that's not Islamic quote o.. we are told to tolerate each other.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:23am On Apr 18, 2015
thorpido:
I will agree there are misconceptions but there are deep internal problems in Islam that muslims keep pretending does not exist.See the question he was asked and see the kind of answers(or better still questions) he gave.
Rather than deal with issues,muslims will rather divert attention and start speaking about events in the past.There was world war years ago but we are dealing with issues NOW.Blaming the western media,talking about the past and what others are doing or have done.The problem between Shiite and Sunni is also caused by Christians.

you mean am not answering the questions well.. that am answering questions with questions... it's obvious that questions can stand as answer most times..

which internal problems did islam have...

events of the past that keeps repeating itself... tell me one reason why isreal keeps killing Pakistans for over 60 years?... do you even know isreal evolve from Pakistan?
blaming western media? when did truth and facts turn to blame?

shite and sunni have different ideas and give me one problem between them...

thanks
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2015
concerning the 72 virgins claims and taqiyyah....

that 72 virgins started from one comedy show... with a terrorist named achmed.. the name of the comedy show is achmed the terrorist...

that comedy teaches rubbish about islam, like when you die you see white lights, that muslims are terrorist, that killing is just and other trashes.. people laugh at the joke.. it's joke and nothing more...

am sure it's extremist that start using such false claims of the show on Islam...

concerning taqqiyah.... Islam teaches us NOT TO TELL LIES EVEN WHEN WE ARE JOKING... so where this taqqiyah comes from i don't know o..
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:47am On Apr 18, 2015
Jihad doesn't mean killing...

jihad means fighting for the sake of Allah...

that fighting doesn't mean exchanging punches or killing.....

it means striving in the name of Allah
it means doing everything good in the name of Allah

best jihad one can do is jihad that entails sharing of knowledge...

Jihad means doing good things ....

killing for sake of Allah or be killed for sake of Allah only exists in religion war.... and religion war was rampant during the time of extremist unbelievers attempting to kill prophets... i think it's not only Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) that wages war with unbelievers...

Even in war, Allah instruct us never to strike first, never kill women and children... don't kill whoever surrenders among the men (unbelievers)

Re: Misconceptions About Islam by Maamin(m): 8:49am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
.Concerning Ayeesha age....

some hadith reports that she's 9 ... let's just reason, is it possible for prophet of God to marry a 9 year old girl?

and hadith has it's place In Islam. hadith is saying and deeds of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)....

we(muslims) were warned to only believe in reasonable hadith.. people tends to misinterpret and misunderstand what they hear...

that's why we have so many hadith collectors...

before you believe in any hadith, who reported it, how many reporter's (hadith) reports something similar or same to it...

solution to Ayeesha age is here...

please follow this link..

https://shahydcharming./truth-about-aishas-ra-age/

Which of the hadith is original and authentic?

Which one exactly?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Maamin:

Which of the hadith is original and authentic?

Which one exactly?

scholars said some hadith are authentic... that's what is reported directly from prophet...

not withstanding... anything made by man is tend to error..... that's why every holy book is flawless...

that's why it's said we should only tend to reasonable hadith ..

besides, what that hadith said is strictly against Quran, prophet will never do anything against any of the teachings of Allah because he's sent by Allah...

Women are allowed to marry when they are at puberty age... Atleast 16 or 17...

marrying early is only aimed to curb adultery and premarital sex..
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by Maamin(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
Jihad doesn't mean killing...

jihad means fighting for the sake of Allah...

that fighting doesn't mean exchanging punches or killing.....

it means striving in the name of Allah
it means doing everything good in the name of Allah

best jihad one can do is jihad that entails sharing of knowledge...

Jihad means doing good things ....

killing for sake of Allah or be killed for sake of Allah only exists in religion war.... and religion war was rampant during the time of extremist unbelievers attempting to kill prophets... i think it's not only Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) that wages war with unbelievers...

Even in war, Allah instruct us never to strike first, never kill women and children... don't kill whoever surrenders among the men (unbelievers)

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!...I smell liesssss!

Abeg Ifeann come and take care of this deluded and brainwashed islamic soul. grin
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by Maamin(m): 9:17am On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

scholars said some hadith are authentic... that's what is reported directly from prophet...

not withstanding... anything made by man is tend to error..... that's why every holy book is flawless...

that's why it's said we should only tend to reasonable hadith ..

besides, what that hadith said is strictly against Quran, prophet will never do anything against any of the teachings of Allah because he's sent by Allah...

Women are allowed to marry when they are at puberty age... Atleast 16 or 17...

marrying early is only aimed to curb adultery and premarital sex..

I repeat again which of the hadiths have u read that you feel is authentic..give me the name and writer. undecided
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by eyeopener: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2015
Am sure the moderator wouldn't transfer this thread to islam section because it seeks to defend islam.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Maamin:

Abeg Ifeann come and take care of this deluded and brainwashed islamic soul. grin

the aim of this thread is clearing the misconceptions about islam.... if you think explaining to you what you don't understand about Islam isn't going to change your thinking about islam... well, you are on your own.

you are the deluded and brainwashed soul just like the jews are...

jews hate jesus
Christian hate Prophet Muhammad
Islam embraces all of them and explain everything about each of them better than it is in their holy scripture...

and this thread does not need terrorists nor foul language people... the only thing we need here is idea proven with facts....
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Maamin:

the aim of this thread is clearing the misconceptions about islam.... if you think explaining to you what you don't understand about Islam isn't going to change your thinking about islam... well, you are on your own.

you are the deluded and brainwashed soul just like the jews are...

jews hate jesus
Christian hate Prophet Muhammad
Islam embraces all of them and explain everything about each of them better than it is in their holy scripture...

and this thread does not need terrorists nor foul language people... the only thing we need here is idea proven with facts....

you are been told what you don't understand yet you arguing......
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by basilico: 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Saudi Arabia beheaded a mentally ill woman who murdered her employers kid. This from a sharia country was a just sentence as prescribed by hudud laws.
What's the difference between Wahabbi Saudi and ISIS? Nothing. The Islamic laws call for beheadings 'strike off their necks'.
ISIS is behaving like Saudi but its more open and thus very appealing to jihadists.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/17/asia/indonesia-saudi-arabia-executions/index.html
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
eyeopener:
Am sure the moderator wouldn't transfer this thread to islam section because it seeks to defend islam.

defend? laughing..... when did teaching people the truth turn to defend..
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
Maamin:

I repeat again which of the hadiths have u read that you feel is authentic..give me the name and writer. undecided

HOW MANY TIMES WILL I TELL YOU? AUTHENTIC HADITH ARE HADITH THAT THE REPORTER HEARD DIRECTLY FROM PROPHET MUHAMMAD.... THERE ARE MANY COLLECTORS.. BUKHARI IS AMONG THEM..

and the hadith about Prophet Muhammad and Ayeesha he reported isn't authentic... it's probably heresay...

collection of part of his hadith falls in authentic and some falls in weak hadith...

no single hadith collector has every of his hadith in authentic role...
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
basilico:
Saudi Arabia beheaded a mentally ill woman who murdered her employers kid. This from a sharia country was a just sentence as prescribed by hudud laws.
What's the difference between Wahabbi Saudi and ISIS? Nothing. The Islamic laws call for beheadings 'strike off their necks'.
ISIS is behaving like Saudi but its more open and thus very appealing to jihadists.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/17/asia/indonesia-saudi-arabia-executions/index.html

good one bro

.. i want you to answer this questions...

according to religion and laws of the land.... what happens to whoever is guilty of murder?

and you said mentally ill woman murder her employee kids ...media is simply playing tricks on you..

who will ever employ a mentally ill to any job?

and when last did you see a mentally ill person murdering a kid?

haba... tori oloun..
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by basilico: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

good one bro

.. i want you to answer this questions...

according to religion and laws of the land.... what happens to whoever is guilty of murder?

and you said mentally ill woman murder her employee kids ...media is simply playing tricks on you..

who will ever employ a mentally ill to any job?

and when last did you see a mentally ill person murdering a kid?

haba... tori oloun..

So is beheading criminals and I must add the disbelievers halal Or is it savagely barbaric in your opinion?
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
YOU CAN JUDGE A RELIGION BY ITS SCRIPTURE AND TEACHINGS..

YOU CAN LIKEWISE JUDGE A RELIGION BY ITS FOLLOWERS

WHEN ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE A FOLLOWER OF ANY RELIGION DOES SOMETHING YOU FOUND ODD, WHAT ARE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IS TO REFER TO THE HOLY BOOK TEACHINGS

IF WHAT SUCH PERSON DO IS IN LINE WITH THE RELIGION... IF YOU STILL FIND IT ODD, ASK THE FOLLOWERS OF THAT RELIGION TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.. THAT'S ALL..

I AM A MUSLIM AND AM VERY PROUD I AM... I JUDGE CHRISTIANS WITH THEIR SCRIPTURES NOT JUDGING CHRISTIANITY BY A CHRISTIAN... BUT BY BIBLE...
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by basilico: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:
YOU CAN JUDGE A RELIGION BY ITS SCRIPTURE AND TEACHINGS..

YOU CAN LIKEWISE JUDGE A RELIGION BY ITS FOLLOWERS

WHEN ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE A FOLLOWER OF ANY RELIGION DOES SOMETHING YOU FOUND ODD, WHAT ARE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO IS TO REFER TO THE HOLY BOOK TEACHINGS

IF WHAT SUCH PERSON DO IS IN LINE WITH THE RELIGION... IF YOU STILL FIND IT ODD, ASK THE FOLLOWERS OF THAT RELIGION TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.. THAT'S ALL..

I AM A MUSLIM AND AM VERY PROUD I AM... I JUDGE CHRISTIANS WITH THEIR SCRIPTURES NOT JUDGING CHRISTIANITY BY A CHRISTIAN... BUT BY BIBLE...

Is beheading allowed in Islam? <Or is the whole of Saudi Arabia misinterpreting the religion of peace?
Stop evading the question Just answer.
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by shahydbinaliyu(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
basilico:

So is beheading criminals and I must add the disbelievers halal Or is it savagely barbaric in your opinion?

for every crime, there is a punishment........ either punished by law or religion law...

if according to Islam, the crime committed is for the person to be beheaded... the person should be.. but i have never heard or read about any crime that attracts beheading In Islam....

wats disbelievers halal bro..
Re: Misconceptions About Islam by basilico: 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
shahydbinaliyu:

for every crime, there is a punishment........ either punished by law or religion law...

if according to Islam, the crime committed is for the person to be beheaded... the person should be.. but i have never heard or read about any crime that attracts beheading In Islam....

wats disbelievers halal bro..

The Saudi know more about Islam than you. Theirs is the perfect sharia lala land.
That you admit beheading is allowed without saying so is apparently clear.
ISIS has been beheading non Muslims. Is being a non Muslim punishable by beheading?
Who is right or wrong here. Saudi or ISIS?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is God / How Can Man Be Sinless? / Are There Any Diff Btw Muslims (Alfa) And Herbalists! Well, Don't Think So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.