Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads (15270 Views)

Innjoo Fire Plus Discussion Threads / How Can I Root Tecno Y4? / Tecno BOOM J7 Discussion Threads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by ZesusHVWritter(m): 11:49am On May 05, 2015
If you would like to join an android discussion group for assistance on android related issues or just to have more idea on android usage, whether on Whatsapp or telegram message this number to get added 07o313o1o13
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by neomatrix1027(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2015
lanre316:

Stvpid tecno. 15,500 for a phone with specs of 2013. They could at least make it quad core and give it stronger battery.
What pains me mostly for this phone is that it does not have proximity sensor and light sensor. DAMMIT!! This tecno f++k up big time!
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2015
lanre316:

Stvpid tecno. 15,500 for a phone with specs of 2013. They could at least make it quad core and give it stronger battery.
. I will advise you guys to try Innjoo lol. If this phone is sold at N15,500 then is worth it cos I recently bought an Innjoo i1k for my mum at 13k, the phone was sold for N15,500 before at jumia but since nobody bought it they reduced the price to 13k. Believe me the 5mp camera on that phone is the worst camera on ANY Phone. Even 1.2mp camera on my tecno java phone is way better. I have used tecno, and infinix very well but this Innjoo is crap of company. Infinix is really improving on their smartphone now cos I am currently using their infinix Hot note and is really good but they should ensure their phones come with accessories like pouch, screen guide. So tell me how this phone is expensive at N15,500? Innjoo i1k has 512mb and is dual core with no camera at all and they are selling it at 13k.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by lanre316: 10:04am On May 10, 2015
Marvell23:
. I will advise you guys to try Innjoo lol. If this phone is sold at N15,500 then is worth it cos I recently bought an Innjoo i1k for my mum at 13k, the phone was sold for N15,500 before at jumia but since nobody bought it they reduced the price to 13k. Believe me the 5mp camera on that phone is the worst camera on ANY Phone. Even 1.2mp camera on my tecno java phone is way better. I have used tecno, and infinix very well but this Innjoo is crap of company. Infinix is really improving on their smartphone now cos I am currently using their infinix Hot note and is really good but they should ensure their phones come with accessories like pouch, screen guide. So tell me how this phone is expensive at N15,500? Innjoo i1k has 512mb and is dual core with no camera at all and they are selling it at 13k.

I get your points but would it kill them to make it a quad core processor and give it 2,500 or even 3,000 mah battery. I can count like 10 tecno phones with almost the same specs as this one and some of them were released years ago. That's my own point.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Deshannel(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2015
With the Rate at which Tecno is being silly with the production of new phones, I see Infinix stealing the market from them.

Fine, Tecno started the affordable android trend, won the hearts of Nigerians ( that still labeled them chinko) but Ones they gained credibility, they felt that they could throw anything in the market and Nigerians will buy becos Tecno is now a Big name in mobile market. forgetting most of their consumers are youths with above 70% literacy. They beleive they are big enough to compete with the Top Guns in the mobile Industry, thereby throwing Similar phones at Ridiculous prices to Nigeria.

Their high End phones are now almost on par with the price of the big players ( Samsung, HTC...) And their budget phones are Recycled Old specs in new body, offering nothing new. Tecno has forgoting affordable phones with good specs got them into the market, they abandoned the target market that got them to were they are today. And I'm sorry to say but that's is the beginning of their downfall, because majority of their consumers are not stupid.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2015
lanre316:

I get your points but would it kill them to make it a quad core processor and give it 2,500 or even 3,000 mah battery. I can count like 10 tecno phones with almost the same specs as this one and some of them were released years ago. That's my own point.
very true. The problem is the lack of updates to newer versions of Google OS
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Marvell23(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2015
neomatrix1027:
What pains me mostly for this phone is that it does not have proximity sensor and light sensor. DAMMIT!! This tecno f++k up big time!
There's proximity sensor on the phone. The error is from the Tecno website

1 Like

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Nobody: 10:04am On May 13, 2015
Deshannel:
With the Rate at which Tecno is being silly with the production of new phones, I see Infinix stealing the market from them.

Fine, Tecno started the affordable android trend, won the hearts of Nigerians ( that still labeled them chinko) but Ones they gained credibility, they felt that they could throw anything in the market and Nigerians will buy becos Tecno is now a Big name in mobile market. forgetting most of their consumers are youths with above 70% literacy. They beleive they are big enough to compete with the Top Guns in the mobile Industry, thereby throwing Similar phones at Ridiculous prices to Nigeria.

Their high End phones are now almost on par with the price of the big players ( Samsung, HTC...) And their budget phones are Recycled Old specs in new body, offering nothing new. Tecno has forgoting affordable phones with good specs got them into the market, they abandoned the target market that got them to were they are today. And I'm sorry to say but that's is the beginning of their downfall, because majority of their consumers are not stupid.
you r ryt

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by neomatrix1027(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2015
Marvell23:
There's proximity sensor on the phone. The error is from the Tecno website
What about the light sensor?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Rep4Jumia: 1:42am On May 19, 2015
For any kind of Infinix, Tecno or Innjoo smartphones and tablets, contact me ASAP to get yours. Delivery nationwide...
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by neomatrix1027(m): 7:22pm On May 19, 2015
Anyone who has bought this phone should make a review of it and the rooting procedures.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Abflame: 1:20am On May 22, 2015
Deshannel:

Your Head is there Joor.... I remember my Tecno L3 #13500 when it came out
2400mAh
Camera n all were cool for dah time as a fresh android user.... buh now all crap same shii
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Bolubaba(m): 7:09am On May 29, 2015
Tecno is lazy or not I don't care. Who as a link to CWM recovery for tecno y4?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by neomatrix1027(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2015
Bolubaba:
Did you root your phone?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by luyemee(m): 1:52am On May 30, 2015
neomatrix1027:
Did you root your phone?
Use kingroot v4 it works like magic. But make sure you have a stable internet connection while rooting
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Bolubaba(m): 6:27am On May 30, 2015
neomatrix1027:
Did you root your phone?
YES. With Kingroot4.0.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Bolubaba(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2015
Am really enjoying this phone.
Please I need the cwm recovery for this phone.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by fossblack15: 8:26am On Jun 06, 2015
Bolubaba:

I used mtkdroid tools for automatically making cwm(clockworkmod) for this y4 it didn't work cause the boot.IMG of the device is secured so i ported philz recovery to the y4 its better than cwm where can i post the recovery

And the porting is a lot of work too, just add me on whatsapp 08102859182
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Stevosty: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bolubaba:
Am really enjoying this phone.

Please I need the cwm recovery for this phone.
does it truly have promixity sensor?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by spicyritie: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rep4Jumia:
Have you bought a mobile device from Jumia during the megathon and you are unable to activate the free 3Gig data bundle, find a way to contact me using the below details only for the activation. (Dont reply here on Nairaland as I actually wont get your message)

Send details as Text, or use whatsapp.

Two IMEIs of the device, and your MTN number.

If you didnt buy during the megathon, activation is #500 per sim card.

Thank you.
Before I do that, is it still possible since the promo has expired? I bought during the megathon week.
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by lanre316: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by shedo4sure: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2015
Pls i can't change d imei number of my phone..... I need ur help
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by wisdom500: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Add me to tecno y4 group on whatsapp 08093314171
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by wisdom500: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
I need cwm for y4. Will xposed brick y4?
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by shedo4sure: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Add me 2 d group also, 07038743758
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by walafah(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pls guy can one help me to upload backup rom for tecno y4 because my phone is brick so i nid ur help to unbrick my phone pls sent it 2 telegram on 08107861146. Pls guys
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by walafah(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pls also add me on whatsapp tecno y4 group on 08107861146
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by wisdom500: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
We need cwm backup for tecno y4
Re: Tecno Y4 Discussion Threads by Haryourdeiji(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2015
add me 07067541899

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel 1500-3GB On Android / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / Infinix Note 4 – Is It Really Worth The Upgrade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.