Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

A Request For Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Request For Prayer (737 Views)

Call For Prayer (adhan) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Request For Prayer by hbb2: 10:16pm On May 08, 2015
Assalam alaikum brothers and Sisters, pls whats the appropriate dua for seeking for a partner. Jazakallahu khayr
Re: A Request For Prayer by Empiree: 3:51am On May 09, 2015
Walaikum Salam

Dua To Find A Good Spouse

Allah (swt) knows every languages, you can make dua in your own language after salah. And it is better if you try to pray salah tahajjud in the midnight.

However, if you want to read a dua in Arabic, you can read this dua.

"Robbi hablii min ladunka zaujan thoyyiban wa yakuuna shohiban liifiddini waddunya wal aakhiroh"

(Ya Robb, give me a best husband from your side. A husband who also be my best friend in 'Deen' matter, dunya (matter) and akhirah (matter))

To Ask Allah By His Names And Attributes

Allah Ta'ala says,
"And to Allah belongs the beautiful names, so invoke Him by them."
[7:180]

Buraidah reported that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) heard a man saying, 'O Allah! I ask You, I bear witness that there is no god but You, the One, the As-Samad (the One upon Whom all creatures depend). He begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none like unto Him.'

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, 'You have asked Allah by His Greatest Name. When one asks Him by this name, He gives, what one desires, and when supplicated by this name He answers.'

Presence Of The Heart In The Du'a

Make the du'a from your heart (even if you are reading the words, i.e., mean what you say)

The whole point of du'a is that a person calls out with a sincere heart to his Creator. This sincerity cannot be achieved if one calls out heedlessly, without earnestness.

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasalam) said,
Make du'a to Allah in a state that you are certain that your du'a will be responded to, and know that Allah does not respond to a du'a that originates from a negligent, inattentive heart.
[at-Tirmidhi, al-Hakim]

Abdullah ibn 'Umar reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasalam) said: "Hearts are like vessels, some more attentive and capacious than others. When you supplicate Allah you should be certain of being answered, and know that Allah does not answer a supplication that comes from a careless and inattentive heart."[Ahmad]

Dua To Find A Good Spouse

There is an ayat of the Quran that somebody suggested to me. It can also be read during Salaat:

ربنا هب لنا من أزواجنا وذرياتنا قرة أعين واجعلنا للمتقين إماما

Rabbana hab lana min azwaajina wa zurriyyatina Qurrata A3yonin wa ja3alna lil muttaqeena Imaama.

Translation: O my Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous [25:74]

Its part of the Dua of Prophet Ibraheem Alayhis Salaam

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Social Conduct Of A Muslim - Rights Of Neighbours / Still on Sallah Celebration in china, never knew they have Muslims like this / Deliver us from fitna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.