Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,666 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help With Malware - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With Malware (1202 Views)

Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium 2.2.2 Plus 2016 Lifetime Key Free / Malware Attacks, Web Masters Help! / How To Remove Malware Script From Your Blogger Template (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Malware by webprince(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2015
Hi guys, my site is blocked and tagged with health risk on google chrome and search. But works fine on other browser.

I have changed the template to a healthy backup and ask google for a review. But the threat remains.

What do I need to do?

Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 6:40pm On May 26, 2015
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 9:36pm On May 26, 2015
webprince:
Hi guys, my site is blocked and tagged with health risk on google chrome and search. But works fine on other browser.

I have changed the template to a healthy backup and ask google for a review. But the threat remains.

What do I need to do?

Take off the addynamo ads then try again.

1 Like

Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 2:49am On May 27, 2015
Grime:

Take off the addynamo ads then try again.

Thanks, I'll do that in a bit
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 11:13am On May 27, 2015
webprince:

Thanks, I'll do that in a bit
Let me know how it goes.
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 5:55pm On May 27, 2015
Grime:

Let me know how it goes.

...waiting on the 24hrs wait period for the review. Thanks
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2015
Grime:

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Grime, the problem persists. Google sent me the following message:

Google has received and processed your malware review request. Unfortunately, your site appears to be still infected with malware that can harm visitors.

Google will continue to display a warning whenever a user clicks a link to your site from our search results.
Sample URLs

To see some example infected URLs, visit Webmaster Tools.
Recommended action
Quarantine your site so that it does not infect visitors.
Remove the malicious content from your site.
Fix the vulnerability which caused your site to be infected. Unless you address the underlying weakness, your site is likely to be reinfected.

I use blogger interface, and I have changed the template html to a known healthy backup and also change the template entirely as well as remove the addynamo ads as advised by you all to no avail.
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 7:00am On May 28, 2015
The issue was not from addynamo afterall. I think I found the problem though.

What other ad networks do you use? I can see your website making calls to Bidvertiser and Adstract...
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2015
Grime:
The issue was not from addynamo afterall. I think I found the problem though.

What other ad networks do you use? I can see your website making calls to Bidvertiser and Adstract...

bidvertiser and adsense
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 8:32am On May 28, 2015
webprince:

bidvertiser and adsense

Ok here's what you need to do:

1. Replace the addynamo ads, as there are no issues with them.
2. Remove everything from Bidvertiser.

Also, you should check if it works on Chrome before sending a review request.
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2015
Grime:

Ok here's what you need to do:

1. Replace the addynamo ads, as there are no issues with them.
2. Remove everything from Bidvertiser.

Also, you should check if it works on Chrome before sending a review request.

Thanks. I removed all ads and already sent a review request before seeing your post, it works on other browsers - the error is only on Google Chrome.

PS: the site is not the one in my signature. and after removing the ads, the chrome error persist - its frustrating angry

Can I have your contact?
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2015
Grime:

I used Fiddler Web Debugger to check the inbound/outbound links to the site on startup and this is what I come up with: (pic attached)

Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 10:33am On May 29, 2015
webprince:

I used Fiddler Web Debugger to check the inbound/outbound links to the site on startup and this is what I come up with: (pic attached)

You are basically good to go, as long as you're not grabbing anything from Adstract or their server cdn.adk2.com.

If adsense and bidvertiser were the only things you took off, then I can infer from this that - Adstract is one of the ad networks which Bidvertiser works with.

If you still wish to continue using Bidvertiser, you may try blocking Adstract from your Bidvertiser control panel. Note that I have never used them before, so there might be discrepancies in this statement.
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Grime:

You are basically good to go, as long as you're not grabbing anything from Adstract or their server cdn.adk2.com.

Hi Grime, thanks for your help, I v been trying to reach you. I even send you a mail through your Nairaland profile.
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
webprince:

Hi Grime, thanks for your help, I v been trying to reach you. I even send you a mail through your Nairaland profile.

Sorry, that email account doesn't exist anymore, it's a dead end.

So how did it go?
Re: Help With Malware by webprince(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Grime:

Sorry, that email account doesn't exist anymore, it's a dead end.

So how did it go?
its working perfectly now. the bidvertiser is the chrome problem. I have to remove the ads. Thanks

How can I reach you?
Re: Help With Malware by Grime: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
webprince:

its working perfectly now. the bidvertiser is the chrome problem. I have to remove the ads. Thanks

How can I reach you?

Good to hear.

I am always around my forum jalingo.co

(1) (Reply)

We Will Create Or Clone Any Wordpress Site On Blogger / Please I Am Looking For A Hacker / Naija Google Adsense For Sale @22k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.