Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

A Call To Conscience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To Conscience (430 Views)

Does President Muhammadu Buhari Have A Conscience At All? FFK Asks... / Opinion:Chatham House Has Insulted The CONSCIENCE And INTEGRITY Of Nigerians / Pondering Why People With No Conscience Are Defecting! Check Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Conscience by joideviv(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2015
As today marks the democracy day and not just that, the swearing into office of the newly elected government, it is with indignation from the depth of my heart that I want to bring to light the faults and weaknesses of the passed governments and call to conscience the newly elected government for effective reparation.
As we are all clamoring for change, we also want this change to be pragmatic with all machineries in place to revamp the economy.
We have all seen how perilous is it to be a mono-economy nation, the dwindling oil price in the international market and the U.S not buying our oil anymore (of which we are their second largest supplier after Brazil) now seems like we can’t survive anymore, my argument here is that more attention should be paid to the almost-extincting agricultural sector (which accounted for 65-70% of our employment rate before the 1970s), we should have a rethink and make adequate reforms to make the sector the pride of the nation.
Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa with a population of about 165million people, having a potential for a strong economy but that’s not it, the labor force is not qualitative when it comes to skill acquisition and technical know-how. Also, no industry in Nigeria can admit to have about 1million of the workforce, nobody is talking about the Steel company in Nigeria which is unproductive for years now, this company would have accounted for over 30000 of the Nigeria labor force, the private sectors to are not encourage to invest in this sectors due to their (government) innumerable rules and administrative bottlenecks. Hence, no more the waking-up-and creating-universities until more emphasis is been placed on this sectors- agriculture, mining, engineering and construction.
Muhammed Buhari the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) is a man who to me is more of fulani-hausa than hausa-fulani, don’t ask me why. I want to bring to his attention the issue of HWB (Herdsmen Without Border), this herdsmen move their flocks all over the country and indiscriminately destroying the farms of law abiding citizenry, this has been a major problem facing people from the North central region of the country, thousands of lives have been lost due to the clashed between this Fulani men and locals. So, this herdsmen need special grazing routes and not just that, making it a criminal offence to any defaulter.
This is my piece of call to conscience. For a better Nigeria, for a better tomorrow!

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Former President Jonathan & Wife At Thanksgiving Service Today / Borno Bomb Blast: New Details / Mayaki, Kidnapped Kogi State Commissioner Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.