Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Salary Increase Or Decrease, Can The President Give Directive To Rmafc? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Increase Or Decrease, Can The President Give Directive To Rmafc? (416 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Buhari Appoints Elias Nwalem Mbam as RMAFC chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Salary Increase Or Decrease, Can The President Give Directive To Rmafc? by Melancholy(m): 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
I engaged in a hot argument with some uncles on the issue of salary allocations of buhari and the vice president which was reduced by the Revenue Mobilization Allocation Federal Commission was miscontrued by many who never knew that there was a commission statutorily empowered by section 2(d) part 1 of the third schedule of the constitution to determine appropiate remunerations of political office holders. My explanation to them went on deaf ears remaining on their stance that the president have the power to do an undo on the premise that the power enshrined in that office is so absolute. Now my question is; to what extent does the commission enjoys independent without the executive interference? can the president order any changes in his remunerations? And if probable, on what process will be followed to have that achieved? Nairalanders, educate ur own people o. Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove

(1) (Reply)

Free Education To Continue In Imo- Okorocha / National Assembly Members To Leave Office With 109 Suvs, 360 Toyota Camry / A Thread To Celebrate The Heroes Of 1996

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.