Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Difference Between Imagination And Creativity - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Difference Between Imagination And Creativity (847 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Executive Position And Entry Level Position / What Is The Difference Between Application Letter And Cover Letter? / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Imagination And Creativity by moderatorr1: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2015
Imagination is substantially different from creativity.

Imagination is recreation. Creativity is work

Imagination is our mind playing us a short movie. The logical consistency or rationality of the video is not being monitored , the movie is just playing and we are watching it.
It might be completely illogical, stupid and way out of this world.
But creativity on the other hand is our mind trying to resolve a solution by trying to rationally predict the problem and the corresponding solution.

The mind makes several different guesses.
It tests for logical consistency for each of its informed guesses.
Because our minds work with images, we see the movie in our head for each of the problem.
Creativity is work, it shows on the face of a person trying to be creative.

Imagination is a form of recreation, the mind's way of trying to kill boredom.
It attempts to trigger several refreshing emotions by playing us a self made movie.
Or keeping us deeply engaged by replaying a traumatic incident and modify the endings.

Both imagination and creativity make use of our memory. They both cannot work without the information stored in memory.
How they use the memory differently.

Imagination is essentially a movie but creativity is work.

But imagination is limitless, that's why it is about the most powerful tool available to a genius. Creativity in itself is restricted to lessons from the mind's past experience.
During creativity the mind tries to apply these lessons or a combination of them to solve a new problem.
Imagination is the portion of the mind that replicates and actually beats the universe.

There in your imagination, you can create and destroy anything, do anything, be anything and anywhere.
Right there, you can travel back and forth in time, recreate past events and give them alternate endings.
Its just amazing.
Imagination is where we really are in the image of God.
Computers of today can't imagine, but somehow, I imagine it can be done.

Imagination never have to be logical, realistic, limited or possible. Those are boundaries that render this realm impotent.

Imagination takes you to a new world where you are God, your spirit will over your waters there and you will create your light as you want.

Things are usually invented by fools who never knew it was impossible, because they had the power of imagination.

People are usually more creative when they do not know where the limits are, their minds does all the creativity it can then complements it with a little bit of imagination.

When the Brain tries to solve a problem using creativity and fails, it starts listening for input from different sources. It can listen for days or years for the input that will help it model a complete solution to the problem. One of the key places it listens to is the imagination unit of the mind.
The imagination unit keeps dreaming up crazy things all through our lives, sometimes it accidentally dreams up something useful, something the creative unit has been waiting for.

Knowing when to use each of these and being conscious of which one to use at any given time is key to being a genius. Both demands that the memory have substantial data saved in it. There fore, the thing that differentiates genius from most people is the fact that they know so much about one thing. They have all round experience in one thing.

Finally, here is a quote by Albert Einstein,

"Knowledge can take you from A to B, Imagination can take you anywhere"

In conclusion, if you want to be a genius,
1. You must gain a lot of experience
2. Beyond creativity you must learn to let your imagination loose and let it go. It might just solve a problem you aren't expecting.

Go my friend, be great.

Dave Ozoalor

Follow me:
@DaveOzoalor
http://facebook.com/daveozoalor
http://braintem.org
http://twitter.com/daveozoalor
Source: http://braintem.org/twists/view/131667#sthash.0QTDos2G.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Imagination And Creativity by adexeli(m): 4:42am On Jun 09, 2015
Nice write up . . They both work hand in hand just like mission and vision

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Imagination And Creativity by moderatorr1: 6:13am On Jun 09, 2015
adexeli:
Nice write up . . They both work hand in hand just like mission and vision
you are right
Re: Difference Between Imagination And Creativity by bubenwsou: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Well written. You couldn't nail on more. I checked out your profile on braintem, I publish similar content on creativity, art, spirituality, and self-improvement on my blog at www.bubenwosu.com. Kindly check it out and tell me what you think, send me a mail or connect on social media. Would love feature on my blog. Be well...
Re: Difference Between Imagination And Creativity by moderatorr1: 1:08am On Jun 10, 2015
bubenwsou:
Well written. You couldn't nail on more. I checked out your profile on [url]braintem.org[/url], I publish similar content on creativity, art, spirituality, and self-improvement on my blog at www.bubenwosu.com. Kindly check it out and tell me what you think, send me a mail or connect on social media. Would love feature on my blog. Be well...
Thanks...checked yours out too. Cool.
Leave me a message on [url]Braintem.org/users/view/dave[/url] so we can discuss more.

(1) (Reply)

Office Assistant Needed In Ketu / Micostar Mall Invite / Redwood invitation message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.