Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Please I Need Help With This Assignment - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need Help With This Assignment (764 Views)

Please Help Me With This Assignment / Pls Need Help On This Assignment / Any Idea On This Assignment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Weezyval(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2015
please can anybody help me out here I have an assignment but I don't know how to go about it

QUESTION ONE

find the roots of the polynomial
p(x) = x4+4x3+6x2+4x+5=0 given that one of the roots is x= -1

QUESTION TWO

let a function f be defined by
f(x) = x2-2x-3/x2+2x+3
i) determin the domain of f(x)
ii) find the range of f(x)

QUESTION THREE

find and expression for f(3x+1) and hence determine f(4)

I will be very grate full if any mathematician can help me out pleasssss tanks
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by afolwalex20(m): 11:18am On Jun 19, 2015
undecided this is not programming bro...
well

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by GuiltySpark343(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
this is further maths/engineering maths...question 1 and 2 i know.question 3 not very sure...may be you will call me to give you the working
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Craigston: 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
I have problems with polynomials. Did you say 'x = -1' is a root (in your first question)? Using: f(x) / g(x) = q(x) + R; R equaled 4 when I tried 'x = -1'. GuiltSpark343, can you help us?
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Dmayor7(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
Weezyval:
please can anybody help me out here I have an assignment but I don't know how to go about it

QUESTION ONE

find the roots of the polynomial
p(x) = x4+4x3+6x2+4x+5=0 given that one of the roots is x= -1

QUESTION TWO

let a function f be defined by
f(x) = x2-2x-3/x2+2x+3
i) determin the domain of f(x)
ii) find the range of f(x)

QUESTION THREE

find and expression for f(3x+1) and hence determine f(4)

I will be very grate full if any mathematician can help me out pleasssss tanks

Hi Craig...

Just go to www.nickzom.com and solve ya problem...
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Craigston: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Thanks Dmayor7. Nickzom's nice. I wanted to do a project like that. I don't have enough skill yet.
Some problems can be solved better by humans.
There's a problem I have on logarithms:
An expression whose terms are raised to powers expressed as logarithms, with each term's power being a logarithm expression in a different base.
I may post it later when the OP's problem's solved.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by GuiltySpark343(m): 6:27am On Jun 20, 2015
in a nutshell remainder theorem states that if the variable x is a root of a polynomial,then substituting x in the equation should give you zero

We have
(-1)'4+4(-1)'3 +6(-1)'2 +4(-1)+5

Which gives us
1 - 4 + 6 - 4 + 5

Equals

meaning x=-1 is not a root in the first place
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by yutsuf(m): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
I hope u see this clearly

Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by yutsuf(m): 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
the question 3 is to question 2. its incorrect
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Weezyval(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
yutsuf:
tanks alot for trying to help but i cant really see wat u posted
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Weezyval(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
yutsuf:
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Weezyval(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
yutsuf:
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by Craigston: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
The images are blurry. But they look like attempts at the question. You got a remainder of 4, so it's not a factor.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Assignment by yutsuf(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2015
for it to b a factor, the remainder is subtracted...... then basically using as a factor.... u get (x+1)4

(1) (Reply)

15% Off On Product Designer Tools Labor Day Sales 2015 / Top 3 Opportunities Your School Is Loosing From Not Having Social Media Presence / This Will Interest You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.