Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

We Need An Experienced Programmer - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / We Need An Experienced Programmer (1067 Views)

An Experienced Mobile Developer / An Experienced Freelance Web App Developer Is Needed / Experienced Programmer Needed For Full Time Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need An Experienced Programmer by okonri(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
We are looking for a developer to build a joomla-based website.
1. This portal will comprise a news/discussion forum and a social networking sections.
2. The forum section will be modelled after nairaland.com (can be built from joomla chronoforum) while the social networking section will comprise basic features from facebook e.g. timeline, messaging, photo/video uploads, etc.
3. Likes, dislikes and shares will be included in all sections. The likes will be programmed to count towards money points that are paid out to the user.
4. New ideas will be welcomed.
5. Programming knowledge is necessary.

Further details will be given to you when hired.

Software Frameworks that will be used: Joomla!
One-time Project: Install/Integrate Software
Programming Languages Required: PHP XHTML
Project Stage: I have specifications
Other Skills: CSS MySQL Administration Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
(Mail your application to okonri[a]yahoo.com)
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
For a joomla website, you want a website modelled after Nairaland. That's a little confusing.
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by okonri(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Yes. First step would be to install joomla; then use extensions to create forums and other features, and/or use programming to tweak the joomla framework. I am no expert though, that's why we need someone with good programming skills in addition to joomla knowledge.

iamayodeji:
For a joomla website, you want a website modelled after Nairaland. That's a little confusing.
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by kudaisi(m): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
1. This portal will comprise a news/discussion forum and a social networking sections.
2. The forum section will be modelled after nairaland.com (can be built from joomla chronoforum) while the social networking section will comprise basic features from facebook e.g. timeline, messaging, photo/video uploads, etc.
3. Likes, dislikes and shares will be included in all sections. The likes will be programmed to count towards money points that are paid out to the user.
Why do you want to tie yourself down with Joomla in the first place ? Your specification states a system that requires a lot of structure much of which will be easier implemented from ground to top. Furthermore, you project sounds like a system that if successful will be adding a lot of feature set in the future, why not starting at fresh ?

PS: I'm not interested in the project, I'm just curious as to why you would want to put yourself in such a tight corner (from my own point of view), please enlighten me. **Maybe there something about joomla that I'm missing**

and/or use programming to tweak the joomla framework
How do you plan to cope with joomla updates after tweaking the framework from it's core ?

2 Likes

Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
okonri:
Yes. First step would be to install joomla; then use extensions to create forums and other features, and/or use programming to tweak the joomla framework. I am no expert though, that's why we need someone with good programming skills in addition to joomla knowledge.

You might want to modify your advert to something simple and straight forward.
Find someone who is very good in a web programming language (php or asp). Let him develop your site from scratch. you are only complicating things with that joomla of a thing. Nairaland was built from scratch, no CMS.
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by okonri(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for your questions @Kudaisi. We will look into the possibilities you suggested when we hire a developer.

kudaisi:
Why do you want to tie yourself down with Joomla in the first place ? Your specification states a system that requires a lot of structure much of which will be easier implemented from ground to top. Furthermore, you project sounds like a system that if successful will be adding a lot of feature set in the future, why not starting at fresh ?

PS: I'm not interested in the project, I'm just curious as to why you would want to put yourself in such a tight corner (from my own point of view), please enlighten me. **Maybe there something about joomla that I'm missing**

How do you plan to cope with joomla updates after tweaking the framework from it's core ?
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by okonri(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thank you.

iamayodeji:

You might want to modify your advert to something simple and straight forward.
Find someone who is very good in a web programming language (php or asp). Let him develop your site from scratch. you are only complicating things with that joomla of a thing. Nairaland was built from scratch, no CMS.
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by LordRahl001: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
You can pm me or Whatsapp on 07033304280. Cheers.
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by yearegods: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
okonri:
We are looking for a developer to build a joomla-based website.
5. Programming knowledge is necessary.

Further details will be given to you when hired.

Software Frameworks that will be used: Joomla!
One-time Project: Install/Integrate Software

Programming Languages Required: PHP XHTML
Project Stage: I have specifications
Other Skills: CSS MySQL Administration Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
(Mail your application to okonri[a]yahoo.com)

Like the others have suggested, it'd be better off if you built the system from scratch, because a careful observation of your requirements reveals a system that may need more functionality built in as time elapses. Also, I think limiting the technology of choice to joomla/php/mysql may not cut it.

Anyways, I'm based in Lagos, and use ASP.NET C#. You can reach me on either of these numbers:

08068138601, 08183200321

God bless...
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by chinnyfity: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
I'm based in delta state, I'm a programmer, an sql expert and a graphics designer.

Reach me here 08035204317 and pin:3350C413
Re: We Need An Experienced Programmer by esardy: 9:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
As my colleague here stated,I would advice u build the site afresh,which I can do tht for u...am an application developer,database developer,web desig n developer ,n a programmer.reach me on 08066534036,07050697646.thank u.

(1) (Reply)

Skilled Desktop App Developer For A Six Months Contract / How To Watch Free Streaming Videos On Roku? / Help! Where Can I Get Mcad/mcsd Self-paced Training Kit: Microsoft .net Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.