Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help (947 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by klabi(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Please nlanders this is the second time my dog is coming on heat and I have never had the experience my other dogs are MALES, just got a female last yr so my doctor told me that I can mate but when she comes on heat I would have too wait 11 eleven days before mating he also said they come on heat twice or once a year.While my other doctor said I should wait till she is about 1 yr 3-4moths,CONFUSED !!! undecided undecided
Re: Help by sphinx92(m): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
What breed is your dog?
Re: Help by klabi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
German Shepherd
Re: Help by kolokolobi(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
The advice of you second doc is a better one.
Re: Help by kunlesufyan(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Normally you miss the first heat cos crossing might retard her growth ...so its best you chill till the second heat ...the second doc is right
Re: Help by klabi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
This is her second heat she is 1 yr by ndt week
Re: Help by kunlesufyan(m): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yeah ..you can cross her...the reason why they way 10 days is cos the first days of her being in heat..she doesn't show interest and then again it's for the eggs to drop(not so sure about this sha)
Re: Help by houseofmastiff(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
klabi:
Please nlanders this is the second time my dog is coming on heat and I have never had the experience my other dogs are MALES, just got a female last yr so my doctor told me that I can mate but when she comes on heat I would have too wait 11 eleven days before mating he also said they come on heat twice or once a year.While my other doctor said I should wait till she is about 1 yr 3-4moths,CONFUSED !!! undecided undecided
please wait till she is matured enough but let me ask a question?
are you really ready to breed because it goes far beyond mating two dogs and producing puppies??
Re: Help by sphinx92(m): 5:15am On Jun 27, 2015
It is advised to wait till she's at least two years. Although most breeders in this part of the world mate their bitches on her second heat without experiencing any problem.
My question is, why does one without adequate knowledge about breeding decide to get involved in it
Re: Help by klabi(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
Am ready too breed sure ,i have been rearing dogs for the past 6 yrs nw but they are all males(rott and boerboel),Moreover this is my second female but the first died when she was a puppy

(1) (Reply)

Caucasian Pup For Sale Male Puppy...very Sweet Pup / GSD Pups Coming Soon! / Snake Bite Dog’s Penis, Refuses To Let Go (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.