Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Am Baffled. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Baffled. (977 Views)

Baffled Lagosian Says He Found Allah’s Name On His Sallah Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Am really alarmed at the level of partiality, corruption and indecency in today"s churches, i was invited to a programme yesterday, in one of those anglican churches bt i must say churches today are doing directly opposite wat the good old book said, imagine in a church, big men are given preferential treatment,i almost shed tears wen the gate was opened 4 a man with jeep bt an old woman with a walking stick was left standing, am suprised at how materialistic pastors and position occupant in the church have turned, imagine a pastor wife selling food items in the church,imagine a pastor counting money in the present of the congregration, imagine a pastor seeing his member in need without lending a helping hand. Another set of people are the youth, imagine a youth going to church to toast a gal, a gal going to church with sage skirt, breast popping out.Infact wat is the need of even going when ur heart is far from God.? It being long i went to church bt i dnt envy church goers at all,so many fake, materialistic, and corrupt practises,it beta to serve God in ur heart and please to the sons and daughters of eve,if u knw u are going to church to listen to secular music,dnt go, stay in ur house, the church of God is already a mess,the choir is even worst. Haba.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Am really alarmed at the level of partiality, corruption and indecency in today"s churches, i was invited to a programme yesterday, in one of those anglican churches bt i must say churches today are doing directly opposite wat the good old book said, imagine in a church, big men are given preferential treatment,i almost shed tears wen the gate was opened 4 a man with jeep bt an old woman with a walking stick was left standing, am suprised at how materialistic pastors and position occupant in the church have turned, imagine a pastor wife selling food items in the church,imagine a pastor counting money in the present of the congregration, imagine a pastor seeing his member in need without lending a helping hand. Another set of people are the youth, imagine a youth going to church to toast a gal, a gal going to church with sage skirt, breast popping out.Infact wat is the need of even going when ur heart is far from God.? It being long i went to church bt i dnt envy church goers at all,so many fake, materialistic, and corrupt practises,it beta to serve God in ur heart and please to the sons and daughters of eve,if u knw u are going to church to listen to secular music,dnt go, stay in ur house, the church of God is already a mess,the choir is even worst. Haba.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Beloved, it's quite disheartening and appalling that what you described above is the painful Truth...But what can you do among a church that is blinded than to do the right thing. You and I can bring a reformation. I have books to write and I will like you to share your views on it when I create the thread for contribution.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmm....I will comment later
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oyind17:
Hmmm....I will comment later
lolz dis gal,i sight u sha.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
lasstropinky:
Beloved, it's quite disheartening and appalling that what you described above is the painful Truth...But what can you do among a church that is blinded than to do the right thing. You and I can bring a reformation. I have books to write and I will like you to share your views on it when I create the thread for contribution.
i wil gladly do if given the chance.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
lolz dis gal,i sight u sha.

Mrs Agarawu, what I do?
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oyind17:

Mrs Agarawu, what I do?
lolz.
Re: Am Baffled. by thorpido(m): 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
Op,is there anything you're doing to make a change?
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
lolz.

Abi I lie? I dey miss una sha, e be like say I dey sick last night cos I no talk with una. lolz
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oyind17:

Abi I lie? I dey miss una sha, e be like say I dey sick last night cos I no talk with una. lolz
no wori i go enta 2moro,i dy miss my husband,u and all of una.lolz.
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
no wori i go enta 2moro,i dy miss my husband,u and all of una.lolz.

I left the group, I will be back by next week, that your husband no be here. Lol
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oyind17:

I left the group, I will be back by next week, that your husband no be here. Lol
why na?wat happened?
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jollyjoy:
why na?wat happened?

I dey do something, I'll be back next week. I no want too many msgs
Re: Am Baffled. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oyind17:

I dey do something, I'll be back next week. I no want too many msgs
ok.
Re: Am Baffled. by NumberOne2(m): 12:55am On Jul 09, 2015
Jollyjoy:

The Church is not the building, it is you and I. So 2 or 3 are enough to make a church.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. - Matthew 18:20

It is good that people are showing their true colours (I tell you, it is by the Spirit). The days of pretending are behind us. Where everyone is "Holy" on Sunday and "Worldly" for the rest of the week. Now we know the sheep and goat. Thank God.
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: - Matthew 25:32
Re: Am Baffled. by CrazyMan(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
People go to church for different reasons and purposes.

The moment you abandon what brought you to church and begin to go judgmental on people, you'll spend the service being a bench warmer and leave God's presence emptier than how you came.

My advise is that you focus on what brought you to church and forget about other people, in that way, you'll be able to tap into the blessings of that day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Site Says That Muslims Leaving Islam For Atheism Is A Real Threat / On My Way To A Shrine. / RCCG November 2015 Holy Ghost Service Themed 'ebenezer'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.