Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Studio Set - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Studio Set (3316 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studio Set by bilms(m): 6:26pm On Mar 13, 2009
hi all,

plz i need ur contribution, i want to set up a studion an i want to know all the materials i need to put in place to make it okay. actually i dnt no much abt it.

what are the equipment and what software o u think is better .

cheers
Re: Studio Set by seunscooby: 1:30am On Mar 29, 2009
hello
emm i wud give u a brief run down which wud help u set up a perfectly running studio dat wud enable u create music both professionally and as a hobby below is a list of equipments u wud need to get a where u can get them from
1.a pc running windows xp or vista, at least 1gig ram(memory) but 2 gig would give you more freedom, 60gig hardisk and above, dual processors(pentium 4), an external hard disk for your back ups(150gig and above). make sure the mother board has a firewire port, and at least 4 usb ports. then your mouse and keyboard. you can get this at computer village. but depending on your budget you should get anew hp branded desktop from the hp centre on idowu martins, victoria island lagos.
2. A sound card-this is the heart of your studio. this is the device through which audio would pass in and out of your computer so you would have to settle for a good one. i would recommend digi designs mbox 2 and above. you can get this at computer village or from the company's main importer in Nigeria. New media.08033316536. you can also settle for other sound cards such as any made by maudio-the most popular been delta 1010 and is available at computer village. But if you can pick up any sound card made by digidesign and you wount regret it
3. Monitor speakers. this are special reference speakers for your mixes. audio engineering equipments are still kind da scare in Nigeria but you would be able to find a lot of monitor speakers made by Beringher at Alaba. also call the above number for new media and ask if the have monitor speakers for sale. when buying beringher make sure you buy the powered version, that is one in which you would not have to buy an amplifier to power them. Beringhers are popular for their low prices but also their speakers are known to always blow. least you can do is to order from the uk. dolphinmusic.co.uk
4. next you wold need a microphone and a microphone stand. Basically i would tell about to types of mics for your level. the condenser mic and the dynamic mic. condensers are generally more expensive but give you smoother vocals, while the dybamics are less expensive, more rugged(durability) but give a liltle bit harsher vocals than the condenser. dynamic microphones are very popular in recording hip hop vocals back in the early 90's. the best dynamic mic out there is the shure sm 58, and you can get it from Gomark ventures in alaba-he is the only one that can guarantee you of original shure mics. for your condensers go for the beringhers or the rode nt2a. also check at alaba or at new media
5. you also need a mic stand-alaba
6. headphones for recordings-make sure they are closed head phones
7.okay lastly you would need a controller keyboard. this is used for sequencing and arranging. its not your every day key board so it may be a lil bit scarce. madio has the widest range. check at alaba or call new media. i think i saw a few at computer village too.
with this a a very good head for music you would be able to make good songs. all the songs you would hear on my website(www.danodfactory.com) were made with the simple set up i just described for you.
8. yeah lastly you would need beatmaking softwares such as reason, fruity loops, cubase, nuendo, etc. i would prescribe reason and fruity loops for you. if you buy a digidesign sound card, it wold come with a vocal recording software called protools which is industry standard. Any more questions? email me at seunscooby@yahoo.com.
p.s go the my website (www.danodfactory.com) to get inspired. click on the tailors shop segment to listen to beats.
cheers.
Re: Studio Set by seunscooby: 1:31am On Mar 29, 2009
yep i forgot
there is a Nigeria magazine coming out soon that would be treatinf issues like the one you just asked. look out for it. FINGERS MAGAZINE
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
u re wonderful my guy.

thanks for ur assisiatnce.

cheers

i wll contact u as soon as am set- may be we can work as partners
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 1:38pm On May 26, 2009
HI SEUN,

PLZ, i need u here again, i want to use my laptop for the system so i dont think i need any sound card again,

but plz,

in total, how much do u think can be enough to get all these equipments,

plz list the amounts for each item for me plz,

i will really appreciate it,

even if u are not abt a specific item, u can still send a price u re suggesting and i can work on it plz

thanks
Re: Studio Set by yemiyatch: 6:45am On May 27, 2009
Sup bilms? I gat dese studio equipment 4 sale. jus got dem 4rm d U.S. Dey r Alesis powered monitor speakers 50k, Rode NT2A condenser mic 80k, CAD condenser mic 50k, MXL 990/991 recording kit mic 40k, Flat screen monitor 15k, Digi design001 soundcard 100k, KRK powered monitor speakers 100k, Lexicon Alpha 2.0 soundcard 50k, USB 2 midi cable 10k. Hola @ me on 08064231405 n 08087078004. Mail addy's donchichi_profile@yahoo.com
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2009
is like u dont understand what am saying,

1.a pc running windows xp or vista, at least 1gig ram(memory) but 2 gig would give you more freedom, 60gig hardisk and above, dual processors(pentium 4), an external hard disk for your back ups(150gig and above). make sure the mother board has a firewire port, and at least 4 usb ports. then your mouse and keyboard. you can get this at computer village. but depending on your budget you should get anew hp branded desktop from the hp centre on idowu martins, victoria island lagos.

i have a pc already so i dont need pc, i gat a laptop 120gig and 300g backup,

2. A sound card-this is the heart of your studio. this is the device through which audio would pass in and out of your computer so you would have to settle for a good one. i would recommend digi designs mbox 2 and above. you can get this at computer village or from the company's main importer in Nigeria. New media.08033316536. you can also settle for other sound cards such as any made by maudio-the most popular been delta 1010 and is available at computer village. But if you can pick up any sound card made by digidesign and you wount regret it

do i still need the sound card even when am using a laptop? i dont think so, its in built,

3. Monitor speakers. this are special reference speakers for your mixes. audio engineering equipments are still kind da scare in Nigeria but you would be able to find a lot of monitor speakers made by Beringher at Alaba. also call the above number for new media and ask if the have monitor speakers for sale. when buying beringher make sure you buy the powered version, that is one in which you would not have to buy an amplifier to power them. Beringhers are popular for their low prices but also their speakers are known to always blow. least you can do is to order from the uk. dolphinmusic.co.uk,

thanks for the advice

4. next you wold need a microphone and a microphone stand. Basically i would tell about to types of mics for your level. the condenser mic and the dynamic mic. condensers are generally more expensive but give you smoother vocals, while the dybamics are less expensive, more rugged(durability) but give a liltle bit harsher vocals than the condenser. dynamic microphones are very popular in recording hip hop vocals back in the early 90's. the best dynamic mic out there is the shure sm 58, and you can get it from Gomark ventures in alaba-he is the only one that can guarantee you of original shure mics. for your condensers go for the beringhers or the rode nt2a. also check at alaba or at new media

tanx for this

k

7.okay lastly you would need a controller keyboard. this is used for sequencing and arranging. its not your every day key board so it may be a lil bit scarce. madio has the widest range. check at alaba or call new media. i think i saw a few at computer village too.
with this a a very good head for music you would be able to make good songs. all the songs you would hear on my website(www.danodfactory.com) were made with the simple set up i just described for you.

thanks

8. yeah lastly you would need beatmaking softwares such as reason, fruity loops, cubase, nuendo, etc. i would prescribe reason and fruity loops for you. if you buy a digidesign sound card, it wold come with a vocal recording software called protools which is industry standard. Any more questions? email me at seunscooby@yahoo.com.
p.s go the my website (www.danodfactory.com) to get inspired. click on the tailors shop segment to listen to beats.
cheers.

plz all these u mention here, how much will they cost me plz,
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2009
is like u dont understand what am saying,

i have a pc already  so i dont need pc, i gat a laptop 120gig and 300g backup,

do i still need the sound card even when am using a laptop?  i dont think so, its in built,

3. Monitor speakers. this are special reference speakers for your mixes. audio engineering equipments are still kind da scare in Nigeria but you would be able to find a lot of monitor speakers made by Beringher at Alaba. also call the above number for new media and ask if the have monitor speakers for sale. when buying beringher make sure you buy the powered version, that is one in which you would not have to buy an amplifier to power them. Beringhers are popular for their low prices but also their speakers are known to always blow. least you can do is to order from the uk. dolphinmusic.co.uk,

thanks for the advice

tanx for this

k

thanks

cheers.

plz all these u mention here, how much will they cost me plz,
Re: Studio Set by Igwe9(m): 8:11am On Jun 01, 2009
hey blims, i think i can assist you. hola me back for a chat.
regards,
igwe
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
u re not online
Re: Studio Set by Igwe9(m): 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2009
Please kindly drop your contact,or better still, make your e-mail address available in your profile so i can write you a mail.
Regards,
Igwe
Re: Studio Set by bilms(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
my e-mail adress is : discuswithmayor@yahoo.com

or plz just send the pricing here
Re: Studio Set by Igwe9(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
e-mail taken,so expect my mail anytime soon
regards,
igwe

(1) (Reply)

Recording Studio Directory / Yawo Prince Mk Be Amina Doko / What Is Alaba Selection? Grassroot Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.