Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,433 members, 7,801,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment (4135 Views)

ARE You A Programmer In Abuja ? Come In Here Briefly / Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by mails4okonta: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2015
hello guys, i am a programmer with Asp.net,mvc,C# and android development. i just got a job in a firm last month and its a nice coperate firm. now a bank has offered me a job in a bank (fidelity bank) and i am to resume on monday. the bank pay is higher...what do u advice? should i take it ASAP? or i shud chill? who has experience with development in a bank?
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Sammyskills(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Remember, "Who no go, no know".

For me, I'll go with it. And here are my reasons:
1. More experience will be gathered.
2. Chances of meeting other people better than you, cos you won't be the only person in the department.
3. Most importantly, you'll be paid more.
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by mails4okonta: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks man......................
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Sammyskills(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
mails4okonta:
Thanks man......................

smiley
Remember to pay tithe oo.

1 Like

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by mails4okonta: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2015
hahahaha.... i will...... u a programmer too?
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Sammyskills(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Yes, I am.
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by spikesC(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
mails4okonta:
hello guys, i am a programmer with Asp.net,mvc,C# and android development. i just got a job in a firm last month and its a nice coperate firm. now a bank has offered me a job in a bank (fidelity bank) and i am to resume on monday. the bank pay is higher...what do u advice? should i take it ASAP? or i shud chill? who has experience with development in a bank?

Is money your only consideration?
Is there other reasons why you would leave your current place of work even if you haven't found another job
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by sisqology(m): 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Job security in the bank is lesser. most of the programmers in the bank are mere testers. The banks outsource their jobs. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by thewebcraft(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
sisqology:
Job security in the bank is lesser. most of the programmers in the bank are mere testers. The banks outsource their jobs. Talking from experience
Yeah thats true, after a few year he'll probably get fat and forget how to code, I know a lot of them like that.. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by sisqology(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
thewebcraft:

Yeah thats true, after a few year he'll probably get fat and forget how to code, I know a lot of them like that.. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

yes na and their coding skills don't improve. But they pay; finally, make a mistake and you're fired!!!
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
sisqology:

yes na and their coding skills don't improve. But they pay; finally, make a mistake and you're fired!!!

Santa maria! Me sef wey never get employment i don dey forget how to code, the thing tire me sef.
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by FincoApps(m): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2015
If you are really into programming, it's pretty hard to forget how to code. I'm an example

1 Like

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 25, 2015
FincoApps:
If you are really into programming, it's pretty hard to forget how to code. I'm an example
Yes o! for some of us programming runs in our blood. . .

2 Likes

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by sisqology(m): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2015
FincoApps:

you CNT forget how to code. I didn't say that
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by GateKeeper247: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2015
Well most banks use ERPs by big companys like oracle; and sap so most of what you'll do would be integration; only a few banks do actual development; so to stay current in what's happening stay back with the firm; except most don't pay as well as those banks, the banks got bonuses and lots of benefits which your other firm might not give; banks won't stress you writing so much code-believe me. So what motivates you? getting dirty in the mud or getting fat paychecks? My only problem is most Nigerian software firms don't pay well. A colleague recently left my firm for a bank cause he had responsibilities to attend to, as pay was more assured there!
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2015
True, if a get a good bank paying Job, maybe I will just cancel my dhtml18 id and go and make FAT MONEY!
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by mails4okonta: 5:19am On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks guys..... I have heard your own opinions..... i wud draw a conclusion.....
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2015
GateKeeper247:
Well most banks use ERPs by big companys like oracle; and sap so most of what you'll do would be integration; only a few banks do actual development; so to stay current in what's happening stay back with the firm; except most don't pay as well as those banks, the banks got bonuses and lots of benefits which your other firm might not give; banks won't stress you writing so much code-believe me. So what motivates you? getting dirty in the mud or getting fat paychecks? My only problem is most Nigerian software firms don't pay well. A colleague recently left my firm for a bank cause he had responsibilities to attend to, as pay was more assured there!

mails4okonta, the post above is all you need.
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by Raypawer(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2015
lol! forget how to code

dhtml18:

Santa maria! Me sef wey never get employment i don dey forget how to code, the thing tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by mails4okonta: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
hahahaha....the bank code well.... and we are tired of coding for peanut...we are coding for the money now

2 Likes

Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by alcuin(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2015
Please, how can I apply for a bank job as a programmer. I need money ASAP.
Re: Programmer In Bank Vs Programmer In Another Coperate Environment by FrankLampard: 8:37am On May 09, 2018
mails4okonta:
hahahaha....the bank code well.... and we are tired of coding for peanut...we are coding for the money now

Please share your experience so far working for the bank? Is there any hands on coding or you just plug into SAP.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Data Sources (odbc) Drivers Missing In Win 7 Ultimate / Nigerian Online Chat App / 13 Year Old Indian Boy Hired By Google At A Package Of 1.25 Million Dollar/year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.