Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details (1068 Views)

NECO Recruitment Scam Alert! No Recruitment Campaign Online - NECO Warns / Who Really Is Euchaaria? Is This The New Scam Method In Nairaland? / Scam Alert: OrangeĀ  Recruitment Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details by victree007(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello nairalanders,
I just got a mail from someone (Nwobodo Ikenna Daniel) not long ago claiming that we both served and passed out in Jos, Plateau State. On receiving the mail I quickly went to to check if his details tallied with what's on NYSC Plateau database, to my greatest surprise everything except his phone number corresponded. I gave the dude a call to tell him I got his mail but can't recall ever meeting someone like him so he started preaching as usual saying he served in Jos South bla bla bla and that his uncle hooked him up in Shell Petroleum before he went for service, now they are recruiting and he thought of hooking me up too but that I should call his uncle (Engr George Martins) who is a top boss in Shell to tell him am a friend of Daniel who just finished from NYSC and is seeking employment bla bla bla.

[b][/b]Please I would like for this post to make front page so job seekers can beware of this kind of people and for the person whose details they have used to probably report same to the nearest police station before he's indicted for fraud.

We just passed out from service this month and we're looking for a job doesn't mean we're learners o. Make this people take am easy on us abeg before we report to PMB lol

Re: New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is not New....in any way...tis one of the cheapest scam around...
Re: New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details by realDan80(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
I just saw this now and decides to make a humble submission. It's no longer news that fraudsters use ex corps members' personal detail and state code, as contained in NYSC magazines to perpetrate fraud. I started noticing it when after service, some people began to use names of innocent ex corpers including mine, to carry out nefarious activities (promising people jobs in oil companies in port harcourt). These people uses every detail of ex corpers except the phone numbers which they changes to theirs. I got knowledge of this through one recipient of their message who showed wisdom by going through the NYSC MAGAZINE to get my number and call me. I was in total shock because all my life I have never been or lived in port harcourt, talk more of working or having anyone in an oil company in the state. I dissociated myself from it and advised him to disregard such text messages. At the end, I fervently thanked him and commended his wisdom.

MY ADVICE TO PEOPLE
Always disregard this kind of fraudulent messages, except if u have extracted from the magazine, the real phone number of person(s) whose name(s) and details were used in the text, and verified the authenticity of the job.

TO THE POSTER
Kudos! for using this medium to save the populace from falling victim to these evil minded people. But before u post this kind of thing again, pls try establishing the veracity of the message from the ex corper whose name was used, to avoid dragging his/her name and image to the mud for crime he/she did not commit.

MY HUMBLE APPEAL TO THE POSTER
Am Nwobodo Ikenna Daniel. The very ex corper whose name was used by the jobless idiots that sent u that text. I thank God u disregarded the message and also informed others, but u did it in a manner that crippled one's(me) image. Like I said earlier, I never visited or worked in an oil company in port harcourt and even Niger delta. Where I live and work, even before national youth service is Enugu. So, I have no hand in that fraud and my name should be saved. Am of the appeal that u should delete this post to save my name and online image. God bless u as u do that!
Re: New Scam Alert Using Using Nysc Details by rossyc(f): 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
it's an old scam, they have been doing it for some years now.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Interns At Intel Nigeria / Spectranet Ibadan : Job Vacancy / Please Who Also Got This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.