Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,564 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (2034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3426843 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
Jubrealguy.. that's wonderful..

You actually enlightened more about Lagos.

And I got to know the meeaning of hinterlands
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
tuffpivot:
I'd luv 2 write abt my state DELTA buh i dnt knw hw 2 speak english... i cant type epistles.... Nd i'm avin a feeling it may nt b needed sef... Lemme leave it to all dos dat enta klas to write oo... Mi na window i sit down

Lol.. it's needed o.

This is what you'll do..

Write it paragraph by paragraph and post.. since you don't want to type epistles.
Btw, we don't mind if u post epistles..

Thanks
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Jaybiz007.

Weldone bro..

Short and simple..

Hope you touch the other ones
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 2:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:
Osun, whr I'm frm, is a state in South-Western Nig wt Oshogbo as its capital. It runs an agrarian economy and has 30 LGAs that includes Aiyedire, Aiyedaade, ede, Ejigbo, IWO, Ila, Oshogbo, etc.

Osun is a home to several Nig Higher Institutions including OAU which is located in the ancient town of Ile-Ife ( a tourist attraction itself). Other tourist centers are Olumirin Waterfalls in Erin-Ijesa town, Museum of Natural History (OAU), Osun-Oshogbo Sacred grove in Oshogbo, The Water Works in Iwo, etc.

Farming and Food Processing are very good biz to invest in since d state operates an agrarian economy. Crafts, tie and die, transportation, recharge card printing, etc are good bizs too. Oshogbo, ede, ife and iwo are good plcs to start.

Note: Electricity supply is generally good and we have banks and a couple of industries (hotels too) in Oshogbo esp nd Ife. grin

Well grafted Ma'am. Thumbs Up Dearie!

AdunniIwo:
If I bcom d president of Nig for a week, we're going bk to d military regime. The next president shld take it frm der. grin

I HATE POLITICS!!!

Hate Politics Return to the Military Wao! Your opinion though undecided
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Well grafted Ma'am. Thumbs Up Dearie!

Thanks

Hate Politics Return to the Military Wao! Your opinion though undecided
lipsrsealed
cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
tuffpivot:
I'd luv 2 write abt my state DELTA buh i dnt knw hw 2 speak english... i cant type epistles.... Nd i'm avin a feeling it may nt b needed sef... Lemme leave it to all dos dat enta klas to write oo... Mi na window i sit down
grin grin grin
Don't mind the way some of us write. we just derive great pleasure in completely elucidating our thoughts.

Feel free to express your self in the capacity with which you can. It must not necessarily be an article suitable for publication in ThisDay News Paper. This is a social media were different sorts of communication can be tolerated.

Express yourself in your own way, even if it is one paragraph at a time. Someone's destiny could be tied to that information from you.

Thanks for your usual Cooperation!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by VillageGOAT: 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:
villageGOAT, the only well trained pepper soup goat we have in this city from the village, I sight you sir.

We need your contributions to the discuss on board.

Thanks for your usual cooperation!

Qutyjoice, I sight you too!
hehehehe, i think ama be on a ghost modecheesy what is only on my mind is when my containers will arrive from spain, nkechi, zainab and titilayo my three girlfriends have been disturbing me about the i phone 6 i promised to buy for them.

But you guys are doing a great job, am loving the writeup, keep it up, will contribute when my containers arrive cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
okitaiji:
Benue State is located in north central of Nigeria with a unique diverse cultural activities as a uniting factor, it bounded by kogi, nasarawa and cross-river state.

It has 23 local govt: makurdi, gboko, APA, otukpo, oju, obi, buruku, agatu, ogbadibo, tarka, ukum, ohimini, gwer-east and west, vandiakya,guma..., with Tiv, idoma and igede as a major language. it is called FOOD BASKET OF THE NATION due to the fertile land associated with agricultural activities. though the state has little in terms of factories and companies to engaged skills youth but the citizens are industrious and cater for themselves.

social activities generally is lively, since the youth did not have serious work to do they resorted to clubbing and partying so if you are a flirting type then Benue is a sure place for you. power supply is 70% guarantee most especially in the 80% rural areas.

95% corps member are posted to school and the state give optimum respect to corpers. accommodation is relatively high in places like makurdi, otukpo and gboko but in rural areas you might have accommodation for free or at a cheapest rate. but it is not every part of the state that are rosy, they are some hinterland that are not funny so brace yourself for the worst if it may arise.

standard of living is high and the cost of living is low, and the security system is guarantee if not because of Fulani invasion of a recent but communal clashes is the things of the past.

lastly, Benue state breed the most beautiful and socialize girls in Nigeria that can meet your needs at all round, though we advocate for Christ-like life and morality but if you choose to do "kpekus" you can get them but OYO is your name.

welcome to Benue state and enjoy yourself while serving your fatherland.

This writing is excellent and detailed - encompassing several aspects as it pertains to the discusses at hand.

Thumbs Up Brother!

Please do attend to other vital discussions as well at your disposal.

Thanks for your much anticipated cooperation!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:
If I bcom d president of Nig for a week, we're going bk to d military regime. The next president shld take it frm der. grin

I HATE POLITICS!!!

Lol..
Funny..

Tnx for your Input up there
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Lol..
Funny..

Tnx for your Input up there

I'm glad to 'input' wink
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:
LogoDWhiz, welcome sir. I trust you should have been busy.

Please take up from where I have stopped. If you have noticed the harmony between our citizens has greatly increased and responses has also been very impressive.

Please join me encourage these great minds.

Imagine the good writing skills our citizens have been hiding within themselves all along
undecided

Yea.. I can see..

Watching ball btw..

I'm happy with the response I'm getting
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
okitaiji:
Benue State is located in north central of Nigeria with a unique diverse cultural activities as a uniting factor, it bounded by kogi, nasarawa and cross-river state.

It has 23 local govt: makurdi, gboko, APA, otukpo, oju, obi, buruku, agatu, ogbadibo, tarka, ukum, ohimini, gwer-east and west, vandiakya,guma..., with Tiv, idoma and igede as a major language. it is called FOOD BASKET OF THE NATION due to the fertile land associated with agricultural activities. though the state has little in terms of factories and companies to engaged skills youth but the citizens are industrious and cater for themselves.

social activities generally is lively, since the youth did not have serious work to do they resorted to clubbing and partying so if you are a flirting type then Benue is a sure place for you. power supply is 70% guarantee most especially in the 80% rural areas.

95% corps member are posted to school and the state give optimum respect to corpers. accommodation is relatively high in places like makurdi, otukpo and gboko but in rural areas you might have accommodation for free or at a cheapest rate. but it is not every part of the state that are rosy, they are some hinterland that are not funny so brace yourself for the worst if it may arise.

standard of living is high and the cost of living is low, and the security system is guarantee if not because of Fulani invasion of a recent but communal clashes is the things of the past.

lastly, Benue state breed the most beautiful and socialize girls in Nigeria that can meet your needs at all round, though we advocate for Christ-like life and morality but if you choose to do "kpekus" you can get them but OYO is your name.

welcome to Benue state and enjoy yourself while serving your fatherland.

Wonderful.. thanks bro..

Waiting for your contribution on others
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
VillageGOAT:

hehehehe, i think ama be on a ghost modecheesy what is only on my mind is when my containers will arrive from spain, nkechi, zainab and titilayo my three girlfriends have been disturbing me about the i phone 6 i promised to buy for them.

But you guys are doing a great job, am loving the writeup, keep it up, will contribute when my containers arrive cheesy

Make e arrive asap o cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:

I'm glad to 'input' wink

Lol.. nice
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by iambibi(f): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
NB: This is just a summary of what a PCM should expect if posted to Sokoto state. I may not touch every part, but i believe and hope that this little piece goes a long way, so as to serve as a prospectus for survival in the Seat of the Caliphate.

NATURE OF SOKOTO STATE
Sokoto is a city located in the extreme northwest of Nigeria near the confluence of the Sokoto River and the Rima River. Being the seat of the Sokoto Caliphate, the city is
predominantly Muslim and an important seat of Islamic learning in Nigeria and the Sultan who heads the caliphate is effectively the spiritual leader of Nigerian Muslims, however Christians, still carry on with their spiritual activities without being subjected to any form of constrains or restrictions. Therefore, should any PCM get posted to serve there, please feel free to have your worship ok? Gud!

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS
Sokoto has 23 local government areas which are
Binji, Bodinga, Dange-shnsi, Gada, Goronyo, Gudu,
Gawabawa, Illela, Isa, Kware, kebbe, Rabah, Sabon birni,
Shagari, Silame, Sokoto North, Sokoto South, Tambuwal,
Tqngaza, Tureta, Wamako, Wurno, Yabo.

Wamako: this is where is the nysc camp is located, and its about an hour drive from sokoto main town.
The main towns are in Sokoto North and Sokoto south (this include, Dambuwa, Mabera, Old Airport, Tamaji, kwanawa etc), these are the areas a PCM would definitely enjoy if posted, because of the adequate light, water, and other infrastructures, (to be honest, if you work your way there you won't regret it, trust me, lol), while the other LGAs are kinda rural but not totally.

WEATHER
Aha! Now this is one of the physical factors that scares the hell out of people at the mention of the state "Sokoto". Well even though it is no news that the state happens to be one of (if not) the hottest cities in the country, at least the dryness makes the heat bearable with an annual average temperature of 28.3 °C (82.9 °F). The warmest months are February to April, where daytime temperatures can exceed 45 °C (113.0 °F). The highest recorded temperature is 47.2 °C (117.0 °F), which is also the highest recorded temperature in Nigeria (Goshh!! , i didnt just say that) lol. Well for the rainy season, its from June to October, during which showers are a daily occurrence. The showers rarely last long and are a far cry from the regular torrential showers known in many tropical regions. From late October to February, during the 'cold season', the climate is dominated by the harmattan wind blowing Sahara dust over the land, ok that's enough already, come rain, come shine, sweet heart, YOU WILL SURVIVE!!! (lol)

TRANSPORTATION AND COST OF LIVING
*Lowers tone* Sokoto lacks a public transport system (i dunno why oo) but transport within
the city (when not by foot) is mainly by mopeds (keke napep) and bikes which operate as one-person taxis. Buses and taxis are infrequent and are generally used only for transport between cities. However *gives a smile of hope* it is very CHEAP, oh yes, depending on the destination and how far the distance is. Say for movements within town, it shouldn't be more than N100 or N120 (quite cheap abi, i told yaa!! ).
Cost of living in regard to accommodate and foodstuffs (rice, beans, onions, yam, vegetables and even meat) .. lets just say Sokoto is blessed, because even with the economic meltdown, accommodation and foodstuffs are still quite cheap depending on the areas and seasons respectively.

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Sokoto State is essentially an agricultural state with more
than 90% of the population engaged in subsistence
farming. The main crops produced in the State are millet,
guinea corn, maize, rice, beans, wheat, cassava,
potatoes, groundnut, sugarcane as well as fruits and vegetables which include oranges,
mangoes, cashew, bananas, lettuce, spinach, okra,
cabbage, pawpaw and guava. ..... Sooo, if you'll like to consider making use of the agricultural opportunity, i'll say that wouldn't be a bad idea.. *WINKS*

INDUSTRIES
Yes, in terms of production of goods and services, Sokoto still offers a fair opportunity, especially for those considering other engagements aside their PPA,
To mention but a few, are list of companies one could actually consider.

1. Cement Company of Northern Nigeria Plc (CCNN): this produces and market high quality cement for national development located at Kalambaina Road, Sokoto City, Sokoto State.

2. Alh. Yaro Gobirawa & Sons Limited: this is a merchandising company for importation, warehousing and distribution on general goods, located at Atiku Road, Old Market Area, Sokoto, Sokoto State

3. Estate Global Investment : this company produces nylons and water proofs for sachet water packaging.

4. Rima Foam Products Limited offers is a distributor of
foam and foam products located at Illela Road, Sokoto, Sokoto State

5. Smedan Business Center: this is a business-support services and business development networking located at Sosco Plaza, Kano Road, Sokoto, Sokoto State

6. Roads Nigeria Limited: this is a construction company
located at Western By-Pass, Sokoto City,
Sokoto State Nigeria

LEISURE PARKS
For those that love to hang out and have fun oo, Sokoto still have places for that, they include: Blue star, Shukura hotel, Giginya hotel, Pinnacle , Dankani, Mami market, Happy island.... etc etc

*pauses to catch breathe* seriously... am tired cry

Oh oh oh oh before i forget, need i remind you that SOKOTO is still the MOST PEACEFUL STATE in the country (no doubt).

Bless you!!!

6 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Yea.. I can see..
Watching ball btw..
I'm happy with the response I'm getting
Yes!
I personally have learnt a lot recently.
These will come in handy one day!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by okitaiji(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
seriously if I become the president of this country in a week, the first I will do is to overhaul our Constitution that contradict itself to the detriment of ordinary people in the society by calling for a referendum that will form the basis of the new Constitution so that our judiciary will be able to based their judgment properly on the right precedent not the borrowed precedent
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Yes!

I personally have learnt a lot recently.

These will come in handy one day!

Definitely bro
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hello MistressMJ

Nice to have you here..

Can you come inside?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Hello MistressMJ

Nice to have you here..

Can you come inside?
I concur o even samju100, hemjayb and Mighty Fraiser (Brother me wetin dey happen now? na only break light we dey see)
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Iambibi..

That was wonderful from you.. love it.. kiss

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

I concur o even samju100, hemjayb and Mighty Fraiser (Brother me wetin dey happen now? na only break light we dey see)

grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by hemjayb(m): 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

grin
CROBBOY:

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by iambibi(f): 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Iambibi.. That was wonderful from you.. love it.. kiss
Awww thank you smiley
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
[size=17pt]IAMBIBI

IAMBIBI

IAMBIBI

IAMBIBI

IAMBIBI

IAMBIBI

THUMBS UP!
[/size]

Your writing is so comprehensive, diversified, detailed, and well organised. It is well grafted with several spices to spark up suspense while triggering great excitement and enthusiasm. This is real excellent work. Imagine how you got me screaming at some point in time (especially when you were talking about temperature).

I used to think you were some where around Akwa-Ibom State (please don't ask me where such thoughts originated from).

Good Job Dearie!

Please endeavour to attend to other discusses as well.

Thanks for the much anticipated Cooperation!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
iambibi:
Awww thank you smiley

Uwc dear
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Abbeyunique2(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
okitaiji:
seriously if I become the president of this country in a week, the first I will do is to overhaul our Constitution that contradict itself to the detriment of ordinary people in the society by calling for a referendum that will form the basis of the new Constitution so that our judiciary will be able to based their judgment properly on the right precedent not the borrowed precedent
spot on. that's what i would do too
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:

You're welcome. Make sure u visit my hometown too...we've got a lot of ....errrmm....elders. grin
shuuuu.... Elders ke? Wetin my padi won take elders do... Elders don dey wear miniskirt? Nawa ooooo
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fraiser:
shuuuu.... Elders ke? Wetin my padi won take elders do... Elders don dey wear miniskirt? Nawa ooooo

Elders advise. He'll need it at some point. grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Iambibi and okitaiji, those are very good pieces. So detailed and comprehensive. Thumps Up!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Jubrealguy.. that's wonderful..
You actually enlightened more about Lagos.
And I got to know the meeaning of hinterlands
lol.....naso baba, ilu oke

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by okitaiji(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:
Iambibi and okitaiji, those are very good pieces. So detailed and comprehensive. Thumps Up!
tnx my dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.