Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (2036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3426969 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
Oneguy03:
I read today that allawee will be reduced by 25% cos of low budget allocation. Can anyone verify this?

It was posted yesterday by a nairalander as April Fool. Kindly disregard..

I'm surprised people are actually believing this though. ..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Wow..

I'm happy..
Thia is kind of things I like to hear..

We need more Inputs..

We have over 100 users on this threads.. We've had less than 20. We can have up to 50.. it's never enough it will only increase our knowledge about the state and help us to make an informed decision...

Exactly LogoDWhiz!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Oneguy03(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

It was posted yesterday by a nairalander as April Fool. Kindly disregard..

I'm surprised people are actually believing this though. ..

Don't be surprised. Anything is possible with this government.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
jaybiz007:
Part 2

Ogun state has 20 local government which basically comprises of Abeokuta south, Abeokuta North, Ifo, Ijebu-Ode, ewekoro, odogbolu, egbado south, Ipokia, odeda etc. The cost of living is relatively average, with moderate standard of living.

Ogun state boasts of the highest number of tertiary institutions in Nigeria (both public and private). You'd be assured of a swell time if you ever find yourself in any of the tertiary institutions for your PPA. Those Funaab and OOU babes ehn? *lipsealed* lipsrsealed

Due to the dynamic nature of the state and it's close proximity to Lagos, it is a perfect location for PCM's who intend to work in Lagos to commence their job hunt. Moreover, most Lagos workers are now relocating to neighbouring towns in Ogun such as ; mowe, Ibafo, Sango, Ojodu etc. due to the high cost of accommodation in Lagos.

Furthermore, enterprising PCM'S can easily startup a business here without fear nor intimidation and the state is relatively safe. Transportation is basically by Cabs/Taxis and the fare is quite cheap - 30 naira per drop.

On a lighter note, if you are desperate to travel out of Nigeria, you can simply take a bus trip to Ipokia, and drop at the border. Once you get there, just stretch your feet into Benin Republic and voila! You don enter jand be dat! Travel na Travel grin

TBC

The last part of your post is very funny.

Thanks a lot for this..

Learning never stops..

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Oneguy03:

Don't be surprised. Anything is possible with this government.

Lol..
It can't happen.

There are some things that can't just happen..

Nice having you around bro
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Exactly LogoDWhiz!

I'm happy things are turning out well..

Expecting more Inputs this night
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jubrealguy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

These formattings are done by either manually placing certain classified characters before and after a text, line(s) or paragraph(s) or by highlighting the text/paragraph of interest and selecting the appropriate icon/command from the toolbar above (the later is most recommended if your device supports such features).

For manual (which is the simplier option available for lower class and versions of phones), consider the following:

1. If you want to make a text BOLD , put "[/b]" at the end of the text you're making bold while puting "[b]" at the beginning (when you quote this my writing, observe what is before and after the word "BOLD" above I wrote in this paragraph. I was trying to be careful not to bold irrelevant text in the course of this demonstration, hence the ordering of my writing)

2. For italicizing, replace the 'b's with 'i's.

3. For striking-through or crossing as you call it, replace the 'b's with 's's.

4. For colouring, indenting, increasing font size and higher features, you may need to use a higher version of phone (if you don't have one) or laptop while using the highlighting option as opposed to manual.

5. When increasing font size through the highlight option, you'll observe number 8 will be the default font size, delete it and put a high number to get an increased font size.

Hint: To really master this art, just quote a comment of someone containing this formattings, and study these things there (just like the sentence below that is bolded and italicized).

I hope this helps!
you are mouthed
u get mouth
elenu ni e

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
jubrealguy:
you are mouthed
u get mouth
elenu ni e
Most times when you say this your "you are Mouthed" I don't know whether to celebrate it or its an ABUSE. Its not a familiar sentence to me anyway.

All the same, I hope you are good now?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 7:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

I'm happy things are turning out well..

Expecting more Inputs this night

Yes me too. That means we have to stay tuned.

I had to sacrifice all my domestic chores between yesterday and today to ensure this city is revived against all odds undecided

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Jaybiz007, welldone. Ogun is one of my states choices. I just wanna serve der (for good reasons)
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:
Jaybiz007, welldone. Ogun is one of my states choices. I just wanna serve der (for good reasons)
What in his writing did you find interesting?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

What in his writing did you find interesting?

D whole of d part 2. I knw d state too.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:

D whole of d part 2. I knw d state too.

So that means there are some things he could not include that you will like to add right?
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

These formattings are done by either manually placing certain classified characters before and after a text, line(s) or paragraph(s) or by highlighting the text/paragraph of interest and selecting the appropriate icon/command from the toolbar above (the later is most recommended if your device supports such features).

For manual (which is the simplier option available for lower class and versions of phones), consider the following:

1. If you want to make a text BOLD , put "[/b]" at the end of the text you're making bold while puting "[b]" at the beginning (when you quote this my writing, observe what is before and after the word "BOLD" above I wrote in this paragraph. I was trying to be careful not to bold irrelevant text in the course of this demonstration, hence the ordering of my writing)

2. For italicizing, replace the 'b's with 'i's.

3. For striking-through or crossing as you call it, replace the 'b's with 's's.

4. For colouring, indenting, increasing font size and higher features, you may need to use a higher version of phone (if you don't have one) or laptop while using the highlighting option as opposed to manual.

5. When increasing font size through the highlight option, you'll observe number 8 will be the default font size, delete it and put a high number to get an increased font size.

Hint: To really master this art, just quote a comment of someone containing this formattings, and study these things there (just like the sentence below that is bolded and italicized).

I hope this helps!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:
Osun, whr I'm frm, is a state in South-Western Nig wt Oshogbo as its capital. It runs an agrarian economy and has 30 LGAs that includes Aiyedire, Aiyedaade, ede, Ejigbo, IWO, Ila, Oshogbo, etc.

Osun is a home to several Nig Higher Institutions including OAU which is located in the ancient town of Ile-Ife ( a tourist attraction itself). Other tourist centers are Olumirin Waterfalls in Erin-Ijesa town, Museum of Natural History (OAU), Osun-Oshogbo Sacred grove in Oshogbo, The Water Works in Iwo, etc.

Farming and Food Processing are very good biz to invest in since d state operates an agrarian economy. Crafts, tie and die, transportation, recharge card printing, etc are good bizs too. Oshogbo, ede, ife and iwo are good plcs to start.

Note: Electricity supply is generally good and we have banks and a couple of industries (hotels too) in Oshogbo esp nd Ife. grin

Great fellow, nice but let me add more to it.

* HISTORY

Osun is an inland state in south-western Nigeria. Osun is home to several of Nigeria's most famous landmarks, including the campus of Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria's pre-eminent institution of higher learning. The university is also located in the ancient town of Ile-Ifẹ.

Other important Cities and towns include the ancient kingdom-capitals of Oke-Ila Orangun, Ila Orangun, Ijebu-Jesa, Ede, Iwo, Ejigbo, Modakeke, Ibokun, Ifetedo, Esa-Oke, Ilesa etc.....

* CULTURE

Every year, adherents and non-adherents of Osun, one of the Orisa (the traditional deities of the Yoruba people ), travel from all over the world to attend the annual Osun- Osogbo festival in August. Visitors include nationals of Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad , Grenada , and other nations in the Americas with a significant Yoruba cultural heritage.

Annual traditional festivities and invocations of the Osun goddess are held along the banks of the river bearing her
name into which according to Yoruba Oratory traditions- she transformed. Osun-Osogbo Grove, the shrine of the annual rites of the deity and an important artistic center, was declared a world Heritage Site in 2005.(Don't mind my story)

* DEMOGRAPHICS

The major sub-ethnic groups in Ọsun are Ife, Ijesha, Oyo,
Ibolo and Igbomina of the Yoruba people , although there
are also people from other parts of Nigeria. Yoruba and
English are the official languages. People of Osun State
practice Islam, Christianity and paganism called traditional
faith.

* ELECTRICITY

Very Good(Generally)

* OCCUPATIONS

The major occupations in the State are:

~Fishing

~Farming

~Palm oil milling

~Lumbering

~Palm wine tapping

~Local gin making

~Trading

~carving and

~weaving.

* COMPANIES

Yes but not much

*OTHERS:

Relaxation spots

Bars

Clubs

Gym centres etc.....

* TRANSPORTATION

Affordable and cheap

NOTE; Osun is cool and lively

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fraiser:
I am deeply amazed at the excellent job crobboy is doing in the city... No doubt you are the piller at the center of the building that holds the building firmly in its position during the period of most powerful storm... You are indeed a personality that deserves to be showered with accolades and also to be celebrated by the esteem citizens of this city... Thanks for holding the ground of this great city when it's almost engulfed by the fiery earthquake of desertion... I also specially appreciate the uncommon patriotic dispositon of LogodWhiz the pressy, the reserved but turned articulate Amodu, my irreplaceable twinnie fraih, my brothers from another mother jubrealguy and abbeyunique2, my gorgeous sis quityjoice, my awsome and dearest co MC iambibi, the apple of my eyes nd my priceless treasure blizzydoDo, a woman of substance aduniwo, women of unequalled elegance missoyin nd merikims, my indispensable inlaw oyehomie and my great friends of unmatched personality sirguy542, Smartins1, brimmie nd wittyemmy for keeping the fire of the city burning at the most trying time. I adore you all... I will be back fully soon and contribute my own quota to the issue at hand eventhough my opinion might be a little bit strange... Thanks.
FRAISER

Broda, hmmmm I see you, I don miss you die.....Do quick and com back on tym....LOVE YOU
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Welcome Ma'am.
Your contributions please.
Thanks for your Usual Cooperations!
Done man.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
jubrealguy:
Osun will undoubtedly be my home for one year, I'll make sure I enjoy my time there , can't wait for the famous arugba festival.
Thanks ma'am

OSUN! Here I come

Hmmmm, I told yu man(Peaceful and cool) and please do not attend d Arugba wateva, stay away.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Qutyjoice:

Great fellow, nice but let me add more to it.

* HISTORY

Osun is an inland state in south-western Nigeria. Osun is home to several of Nigeria's most famous landmarks, including the campus of Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria's pre-eminent institution of higher learning. The university is also located in the ancient town of Ile-Ifẹ.

Other important Cities and towns include the ancient kingdom-capitals of Oke-Ila Orangun, Ila Orangun, Ijebu-Jesa, Ede, Iwo, Ejigbo, Modakeke, Ibokun, Ifetedo, Esa-Oke, Ilesa etc.....

* CULTURE

Every year, adherents and non-adherents of Osun, one of the Orisa (the traditional deities of the Yoruba people ), travel from all over the world to attend the annual Osun- Osogbo festival in August. Visitors include nationals of Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad , Grenada , and other nations in the Americas with a significant Yoruba cultural heritage.

Annual traditional festivities and invocations of the Osun goddess are held along the banks of the river bearing her
name into which according to Yoruba Oratory traditions- she transformed. Osun-Osogbo Grove, the shrine of the annual rites of the deity and an important artistic center, was declared a world Heritage Site in 2005.(Don't mind my story)

* DEMOGRAPHICS

The major sub-ethnic groups in Ọsun are Ife, Ijesha, Oyo,
Ibolo and Igbomina of the Yoruba people , although there
are also people from other parts of Nigeria. Yoruba and
English are the official languages. People of Osun State
practice Islam, Christianity and paganism called traditional
faith.

* ELECTRICITY

Very Good(Generally)

* OCCUPATIONS

The major occupations in the State are:

~Fishing

~Farming

~Palm oil milling

~Lumbering

~Palm wine tapping

~Local gin making

~Trading

~carving and

~weaving.

* COMPANIES

Yes but not much

*OTHERS:

Relaxation spots

Bars

Clubs

Gym centres etc.....

* TRANSPORTATION

Affordable and cheap

NOTE; Osun is cool and lively

Goodluck!

NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE AS BEAUTIFUL AS A GODDESS WITHOUT A SPOT. grin

Its not really an easy task making someone like you engage in such a lengthy formal talk.

THUMBS UP DEAR!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Owkk delta state has 27 local government and comprises mainly of 4 ethnic groups urhobo ijaw itsekiri and delta igbos evry oda tribe are derivatives from dis ones.
I've visited about 18 of these local governments nd i've worked with people from these ethnic groups.
So lets get down to biz
Major places in delta state re warri effurun udu ughelli, agbarho, asaba, agbor, ogwash ukwu, abraka, sapele, oghara, some little towns nd the rest villages nd sum riverine communities.
So lets start with warri AKA oil city, well warri is a nice place a lil expensive buh corpers wud luv it. Bone d report of violence nd crisis cuz honestly warri jux like lagos they believe in street smart. They av a plaza that operate like computer village wer everytin is fixable even human parts buh more organized.. Gud places to flex small sha buh overall waffcity tight.
Now effurun or uvwie, it's mostly mistaken for Warri.it houses FUPRE ND PTI. I muz say they re considerate people buh highly unpredictable. Dey av shoprite cinemas nd other cool flexing grounds for dos dat like flexing, buh d people re nt as cool as waffcity. Almost as expensive as warri, nice place for corpers.
Next up is agbarho, close to Effurun nd almost same character na der 90% of all ex warri cultists dey stay. Very affordable in terms of cost of living buh highly insecure too. Wudnt like 2 serve der tho.
Also av ughelli.Nice neat place affordable lifestyle almost d best place 2 serve in delta.Buh no real flexing life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

Yes me too. That means we have to stay tuned.

I had to sacrifice all my domestic chores between yesterday and today to ensure this city is revived against all odds undecided

Welcome to my world. cheesy

I hope you don't leave
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
tuffpivot:
Owkk delta state has 27 local government and comprises mainly of 4 ethnic groups urhobo ijaw itsekiri and delta igbos evry oda tribe are derivatives from dis ones.
I've visited about 18 of these local governments nd i've worked with people from these ethnic groups.
So lets get down to biz
Major places in delta state re warri effurun udu ughelli, agbarho, asaba, agbor, ogwash ukwu, abraka, sapele, oghara, some little towns nd the rest villages nd sum riverine communities.
So lets start with warri AKA oil city, well warri is a nice place a lil expensive buh corpers wud luv it. Bone d report of violence nd crisis cuz honestly warri jux like lagos they believe in street smart. They av a plaza that operate like computer village wer everytin is fixable even human parts buh more organized.. Gud places to flex small sha buh overall waffcity tight.
Now effurun or uvwie, it's mostly mistaken for Warri.it houses FUPRE ND PTI. I muz say they re considerate people buh highly unpredictable. Dey av shoprite cinemas nd other cool flexing grounds for dos dat like flexing, buh d people re nt as cool as waffcity. Almost as expensive as warri, nice place for corpers.
Next up is agbarho, close to Effurun nd almost same character na der 90% of all ex warri cultists dey stay. Very affordable in terms of cost of living buh highly insecure too. Wudnt like 2 serve der tho.
Also av ughelli.Nice neat place affordable lifestyle almost d best place 2 serve in delta.Buh no real flexing life.

Excellent Write Up Brother! Well spoken thought with straight up facts.

THUMBS UP BROTHER!

Imagine the great thought you wanted to deprive us of because you were claiming you are not a good writer this morning. Several things I have learnt about Delta from this your writing has compensated for my time and will stay with me for a longer time to come.

Cudos!

You can attend to other issues as time permits.

Thanks for your usual Cooperation!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

So that means there are some things he could not include that you will like to add right?

He said it all except 4 d very funny street/area names. We don't nid dat tho grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by AdunniIwo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Qutyjoice, welldone and thanks.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Welcome to my world. cheesy

I hope you don't leave
I will try to work on that, even though its not easy brother.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:

Elders advise. He'll need it at some point. grin
Adunni you tink sey erderly advise still dey work for dis computer age? Na from google boys dey get advice now o...na benue me dey go o, I won go do pketus

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
AdunniIwo:

He said it all except 4 d very funny street/area names. We don't nid dat tho grin

Are you serious, when the absence of fraiser, Rukkyola, shammak, VillageGOAT and co have starved me of laughter

C'mon babe
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
CROBBOY:

I concur o even samju100, hemjayb and Mighty Fraiser (Brother me wetin dey happen now? na only break light we dey see)
crobboy tanks for checking up... I don arrive bur I still dey pack my bag enter... Any beautiful bae around make she com giv me cold water... I dey feel thirsty lyk lion wey dey desert
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by walexitouk(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
ABUJA ABUJA ABUJA

FCT Have 6 Area Council or called local government in other states in the country.
Namely:
1. Abuja Municipal Area Council
2. Kuje Area Council
3. Bwari Area Council
4. Abaji Area Council
5. Kwali Area Council
6. Gwagwalad Area Council

1. ABUJA MUNICIPAL AREA COUNCIL

Its situated at the center of Abuja; were most office activities takes place. The council itself is were all the paper for abuja lands are; meanwhile FCDA is the father of all were you can check maybe your paper is genuine or not and you can also process your land documents there and buy both genuine and fake land documents there.
The Federal Secretarial is within there, Area 10, 11, 1 and wuse market are within there, CBN, NNPC and many gardens, plazas, offices, Residents of high cost are situated within, Banks and many that I aint remember to mention for now.
Meanwhile, we still have Maitama, Asokoro, Wuse, Garki Games Village, Apo and so on and all of them are of high cost, even those one that are of low cost may not be convenient for you.
As a corps member if you get this area, its of advantage btw of the payments and connection.

2. KUJE AREA COUNCIL

The food basket of the state; were there is moderate accommodations and it depending in the area you can see self co. Btw 80k to 180k, 1bed room btw 150k to 280k, 2bedroom btw 200k to 500k and 3bedroom btw 300 to 600k.
This is were the Prisons is located, they have General Hospital, few banks/offices and the major business here is properties and mainly land dealing with business.
You have small living as a Corps Member because the present Chairman don't pay well but there will be an election next week in FCT.

3. BWARI AREA COUNCIL
It still more or less like kuje but more developed than kuje but I prefer kuje. Within this territory, we have JAMB office, the NYSC Orientation camp is an hour drive to the council and the Camp is very close to the high way in Kubwa. Kubwa is very interesting and depending on the area you want to live. The accommodation there is like kuje but there area more expensive than kuje. It is a business area with entertainment area and banks.

4. ABAJI AREA COUNCIL
If you are posted here, it is bush, local place in abuja. Its has a boundary of Lokoja and Nasarawa state. The area is just too poor for my living and like.

5. KWALI AREA COUNCIL
This is call advance Abaji in a short words.

6. GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL
Is the hottest of everywhere in Abuja. UniAbuja is there, Specialist and General Hospital is there, Banks and Business activities is moving well there.

In general for FCT, the life here is sweet but you most work harder, you most be connected or be more vocal to express yourself, the working days is Monday to Friday and business take over the Saturday while flexing and entertainment join too.

We have other cadastral zone and areas

To be sincere, if you are earning less than 50bucks in a month the living may not be enjoyable or els you stay with relatives or having free accommodation and you will be frustrated one day. And when you are getting accommodation, don't allow the rent to take more than 25% of your monthly income but 20% is the best.

Be informed that areas in Abuja are far apart and if you try it, your shoe will tell.

You most surely be productive because you will be ask what can you offer us!!! For Engineering students learn your Auto CAD well and know your work, Business and other Graduates should know how to use system well; Office, work, spread sheet and business wears.

In conclusion, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd things in abuja are: Transportation, Feeding and Accommodation.

Please include and correct the typographical errors where required.

Thanks GC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Chommieblaq(f): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
I don't know if anyone has written anything on Kano state, buh lemme add this.
Kano State is a state located in North-Western Nigeria.[4] Created on May 27, 1967 from part of the Northern Region, Kano state borders Katsina State to the north-west, Jigawa State to the north-east, Bauchi State to the south-east and Kaduna State to the south-west. The capital of Kano State is Kano. Kano is predominantly Muslim, however Christians carry on with their normal activities.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS

The State has 44 Local Government: Ajingi, Albasu, Bagwai, Bebeji, Bichi, Bunkure, Dala, Dambatta, Dawakin Kudu, Dawakin Tofa, Doguwa, Fagge, Gabasawa, Garko, Garum Mallam, Gaya, Gezawa,Gwale, Gwarzo, Kabo, Kano Municipal, Karaye, Kibiya, Kiru, kumbotso, Kunchi, Kura, Madobi, Makoda, Minjibir, Nasarawa, Rano, Rimin Gado, Rogo, Shanono, Sumaila, Takali, Tarauni, Tofa, Tsanyawa, Tudun Wada, Ungogo, Warawa, Wudil.

ECONOMY
Kano State is the second largest industrial center in Nigeria hence the name 'center of Commerce' and the largest in Northern Nigeria with textile, tanning, footwear, cosmetics, plastics, enamelware, pharmaceuticals, ceramics, furniture and other industries. Others include agricultural implements, soft drinks, food and beverages, dairy products, vegetable oil, animal feeds etc. There are so many business opportunities in Kano (here everything sells so long it's well packaged).
Corpers can engage in many businesses to earn extra cash (of course we need that extra slice)

TRANSPORTATION AND COST OF LIVING.

Now this is the main deal, Kano is the cheapest state to serve, because transportation and feeding won't cost you much thereby giving you the opportunity to save up. Same applies to house rent and many other basic amenities.

WEATHER
On average, the temperatures are always high, although not as high as Sokoto, Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
The months January and August have a nice average temperature.
Most rainfall (rainy season) is seen in April, May, June, July, August and September.
Kano has dry periods in December January, February and early March.
On average, the warmest month is April.
On average, the coolest month is August.
August is the wettest month.
January is the driest month.(and coldest).

SOCIAL LIFE

Flexing full for kano o lol,especially if you are posted in the main town. Take Sabon gari for instance, where there are joints, bars, hotels, pubs and clubs in every nook and cranny. Trust northerners and night life grin grin.

Kano is peaceful, fun, and cheap, many corpers stay back after their services year. It's a very good town to start up life.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Continua.....

Udu is next nd jux like agbarho cultist filled... Very close to warri 2..no real flexin sha.. Buh affordable in terms of cost of living.
Asaba agbor ogwash ukwu...asaba has opportunities since it's the capital buh dnt expect a cheap life no much flexing der sha.. Agbor and ogwash re in the same boat very affordable buh no much life... Good peaceful people tho corpers wud luv dem.
Up next is abraka or ABK d home of delta state uni. Cool place buh dem no dey eva get light. Organized nd cost of living very affordable. Lot of flexing nd corpers have opportunities there too.
Sapele and oghara are very nice places... If u like woman u'll luv sapele, d ladies re fully nd well built nd dey wont stress u.. Jux ur khaki is enough. Cost of living not high some few flexing spots nyc people lovely city, while if u like fine places oghara is ur spot nyc place neat, fine and interesting,home to ex governor James ibori. Still av other nyc places patani, mosogar orerokpe nd osubi wer u av d airstrip. Overall delta state welcomes corpers with open hands. One luv.. Feel free to correct mi or ask questions

Cc

GC
Manage my languag
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Fraiser(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
Iambibi na nice write up u get o, bur dat 45degree ceicius nearly make me faint o, I dia not go near sokoto... Me wey I b dark complexion person bfor, If I spend one month for sokoto I go turn burnt offering... Alfa wetin b ur secret? Hw u com lyt? U sure say no b mask u use for ur dp?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2033) (2034) (2035) (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.