Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

. - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / . (1457 Views)

Freelance Web/Mobile Developer Needed / Web Developers Wanted - Earn Up To N250,000 Per Month (apply Now) / Remote Developers Wanted Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Olucheye(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: . by lordZOUGA(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
OP, what skills do you have?
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: . by lordZOUGA(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
Olucheye:

My skills range from both Frontend design to backend programming. (HTML, CSS, JS, Phyton & MeanStack).
I'd however like to come in on this project as a business person on the team while the codes are being written by the rest of the team.

What do you mean by as a business person? You are going to fund it or manage the project?

What does this mean
"- Put power back in the hands of the citizens.

- Give them a face in the selection of public projects.

- Transform our socio-political lives as Nigerians by raising the awareness for accountability demands.

- Project the voice of the masses in policy decisions in whatever sphere of the Country."

That just sounds as if you want to make a radio or a very loud app or a spam tool. undecided

4 Likes

Re: . by JackOfAllTrades: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
@op even if you can't say the full idea, I'm sure there is a name for it or perhaps an example out there, programmers need to understand what they are building, then evaluate level of complexity and project duration even before they start. Your project is still kinda vague and I think that's what lordZOUGA trynna point out too.
And lastly a little info about financing is important.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2015
JackOfAllTrades:
@op even if you can't say the full idea, I'm sure there is a name for it or perhaps an example out there, programmers need to understand what they are building, then evaluate level of complexity and project duration even before they start. Your project is still kinda vague and I think that's what lordZOUGA trynna point out too.
And lastly a little info about financing is important.

Thank you JackOfAllTrades.
Think of it as a platform that captures the following;

- election polls data .

- public project & infrastructure monitoring.

- Opinion polls on various Socio-Political issues.

- Government approval ratings e.t.c

I will be funding the team as it grows and at some point, VC/Grant funding. Payment for the involved programmers would be in sweat Equity.

Just before it starts, the project would be broken into bits and then scaled accordingly based on what the team agrees on.

Regards
Re: . by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
@op from your intro.
You indirectly need an enterprise that nairaland.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Olucheye:

That nairaland? I don't get you.

I mean u need forum like nairaland which is basically html.This can easily be converted to a mobile app using phonegap.This will make it run on all the platforms like ios,Android,windows etc
Re: . by lordZOUGA(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Olucheye:

- election polls data .

- public project & infrastructure monitoring.

- Opinion polls on various Socio-Political issues.

- Government approval ratings e.t.c
Sounds like you want to create a data mining platform. That doesn't seem social. It looks like a tool for political propaganda. This tool will mostly interest politicians or aspiring politicians. Unless those are your targeted users then...
Re: . by guente02(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
These questions arr really piercing.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
danjumakolo:

I mean u need forum like nairaland which is basically html.This can easily be converted to a mobile app using phonegap.This will make it run on all the platforms like ios,Android,windows etc

Well, Not technically like Nairaland as it is not a "forum forum".

lordZOUGA:

Sounds like you want to create a data mining platform. That doesn't seem social. It looks like a tool for political propaganda. This tool will mostly interest politicians or aspiring politicians. Unless those are your targeted users then...

It wouldn't be a data mining platform as thought of because, the team would owe it to the users of this tool not to have their information shared indiscriminately and this involves sale of user data to Politicians or political parties that might want to leverage on the availability of such.

However, if credible organizations like the World Bank writes the team to have data supplied on some certain Demographics, well, it will be in the purview of the team to grant such request.

Dear @avosoft be kind to check the above named project. Would love to hear what your thoughts are.
Re: . by farouqzaib: 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
This should be fun.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
We have some couple of people who have signed up to be a part of this project.

Reach Out to me either on this Thread or Via PM.

The Team would be announced and further steps on progress would be shared we progress.
Re: . by deScifa(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
Olucheye:
We have some couple of people who have signed up to be a part of this project.

Reach Out to me either on this Thread or Via PM.

The Team would be announced and further steps on progress would be shared we progress.

Sorry i've not replied your email, ive been quite busy. Im interested to learn and be a part of the team i do....web design(HTML 5, CSS, PHP, mySql, javascript) and graphic/ logo designs.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
deScifa:

Sorry i've not replied your email, ive been quite busy. Im interested to learn and be a part of the team i do....web design(HTML 5, CSS, PHP, mySql, javascript) and graphic/ logo designs.

Thank you for signing up.
I look forward to reading from you at your earliest convenience.
Re: . by Olucheye(m): 7:03am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: . by deScifa(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
Olucheye:
UPDATE:

We are honored to have Solid backend developers on the team.
Right now, Looking out for Frontend Developers and UX Eggheads.
Please put out the word. You may know someone who knows someone.

Cheers.

Sent u an email

(1) (Reply)

Pos Software Abuja/entire North / I Need Help With My Final Year (comp Science) Project / I Need Learning Materials On Java, VB, C++ And Oracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.