Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? (3746 Views)

Can I Learn Medicine And Practice Coding At Same Time / Difference Between A Programmer And A Web Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by jerrymania(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2006
Guys Guys Guys can one be a web developer and a software engineer at the same time? can one be a professional at both? i'm so amazed by both that i want to be a professional at them and maybe find a way to fuse both together but i need serious advice,
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2006
Yes you can do both.

Software engineering is about Building Software using a disciplined approach, and using different methodologies i.e OOAD (OBject Oriented anallysis and design, and Requirements analysis and Engineering.
Being a Web Developer means you have the tools to implement the techniques youve learnt about in software Engineering.
It means that you now take time out to develop the architecture of your code/solution and not just rush blindly into coding.

So yes you can be good at both, they go hand in hand. Think of it this way, There are techniques for driving cars, everyone might be able to drive but your technique makes you either a good driver or a bad one. Its the same thing with Programming (The Car/Driver) and Software Engineering(The driving technique). theres a level in software engineering where you dont code anymore, you simply deal with organization of the Software system architecture, thats why Bill Gates soetimes referred to himself as "Chief Software Architect" for Microsoft.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

1 Like

Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by qleyo(f): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2006
Definitely can be both, because thats exactly what I am. An interactive developer and a software/electronics engineer smiley
I've managed to fuse both skills (especially in the 21st century where everything is web based) because everthing is online so even when writing programs in C/C++ I'm still making calls to a database and can create a website that can access that same database. My current job is as an interactive developer but I am still engineering software things like web-based hotel booking systems, press release systems.

For example a data tracking system I designed: it had a GPRS modem, a GPS receivers, thermistor and humidity sensor on one end receiving NEMA data, temperature readings, and humidity readings. The remote system processes it on a PIC microcontroller and using AT commands to send the data (in XML) to a server. The server ran a C executable that received the packets of data (network programming) processed the XML and dropped the data in a database (using the standard MySQL C library). Then there was the client an (XHTML) website with a PHP backend that pulled the data from the database and displayed graphical representations of the data (depending on the user display format preference) and if the data were long and lat (location) it dropped it on a google map. There was some additional JS on the front end for a richer user experience. So theres a fusion for you.

6 Likes

Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by alexis(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2006
well said qleyo,

You need variety of skills to survive in the computing world. To answer your question, yes. You can be both a web developer and a software engineer, you can be even more depending on the nature of your work. You will find yourself doing alot of stuff that is not directly your responsiblility but because you are a smart person, you can slove it.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2006
Gleyo, men im feeling oppressed by you oh!!! That must have been one cool project!! grin
Nice one!!
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by webdeveloperr: 11:53am On May 26, 2021
Independent web engineers are independently employed proficient coders who make sites for a few customers and get paid for each task.Since they don't work for a business, they will set their freelance web developer in london own cost, pick which customer to work with, and work on however many undertakings as they need. This relies upon numerous elements like your current coding abilities, your business abilities, and the measure of time you can commit every day to developing your business.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by websdevelops: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2021
You now experience the opposing views middle from two points a designer and real estate developer. This exist important stuff to see cause aware when to hire all will create your website-accompanying growth much easier. For a active survey in contact when to choose all, gaze at at our table below.A independent netting creator Giuseppe Argento usually costs middle from two points $10-$50 p/h, while use a freelance real estate developer usually costs $30-$65 p/h.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by codewithfemi: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
You can do both. Web development is one of the software applications developed by a Software Engineer applying engineering principles. You can check out my videos on YouTube on how to become a successful Software Engineer: https://www.youtube.com/c/codewithfemi?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by billyroberts: 6:09pm On May 03, 2023
The ASP.NET framework has evolved over the years, and the latest version, ASP.NET Core, provides a lightweight and modular platform for building asp net application development services. In this article, we will take a comprehensive look at ASP.NET development, including its features, advantages, and development tools.

Features of ASP.NET Development
ASP.NET offers several features that make it a popular choice for building web applications.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by Frank688915: 9:10am On May 04, 2023
qleyo:
Definitely can be both, because thats exactly what I am. An interactive developer and a software/electronics engineer smiley
I've managed to fuse both skills (especially in the 21st century where everything is web based) because everthing is online so even when writing programs in C/C++ I'm still making calls to a database and can create a website that can access that same database. My current job is as an interactive developer but I am still engineering software things like web-based hotel booking systems, press release systems.

For example a data tracking system I designed: it had a GPRS modem, a GPS receivers, thermistor and humidity sensor on one end receiving NEMA data, temperature readings, and humidity readings. The remote system processes it on a PIC microcontroller and using AT commands to send the data (in XML) to a server. The server ran a C executable that received the packets of data (network programming) processed the XML and dropped the data in a database (using the standard MySQL C library). Then there was the client an (XHTML) website with a PHP backend that pulled the data from the database and displayed graphical representations of the data (depending on the user display format preference) and if the data were long and lat (location) it dropped it on a google map. There was some additional JS on the front end for a richer user experience. So theres a fusion for you.
omo, this people don tay for programming o..how time flies
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by chim14(m): 11:51am On May 19, 2023
So so stupid questions on this programming section
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by testbookx: 6:17am On May 26, 2023
Koyna Dam is a large hydroelectric dam located in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is situated in the Western Ghats, specifically in the Koyna Nagar region, which is part of the Sahyadri mountain range.koyna dam The dam is built on the Koyna River, a tributary of the Krishna River, and is a significant structure that serves multiple purposes, including hydroelectric power generation, irrigation, and flood control.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by billyroberts: 4:40pm On May 27, 2023
Custom Web Portals Development: Empowering Businesses with Tailored Digital Solutions

In the era of digital transformation, businesses across industries are seeking innovative ways to streamline operations, enhance user experiences, and connect with their stakeholders. Custom web portals have emerged as a powerful tool for businesses to achieve these goals by providing tailored digital solutions that cater to their unique requirements. In this article, we will explore the world of custom web portals development and how they empower businesses to optimize processes, improve collaboration, and drive growth. Welcome to • https://northell.design/services/custom-web-portals-development-services for more info.

A web portal is a centralized platform that allows users to access information, services, and applications through a single interface. Unlike off-the-shelf solutions, custom web portals are specifically designed and developed to meet the specific needs of a business. Whether it's an employee portal, customer portal, partner portal, or supplier portal, custom web portals provide a cohesive and personalized experience that aligns with the organization's branding, workflows, and objectives.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by anantrajesta: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2023
The Anant Raj Estate Villa boasts a stunning architectural design that exudes elegance and sophistication. The villas are meticulously crafted with a perfect fusion of contemporary and traditional elements, Villa in Gurgaon creating a harmonious blend of modern luxury and timeless charm. Every detail has been thoughtfully considered, from the exquisite façade to the intricately designed interiors.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by ogwaapp: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2023
OG WhatsApp is a modified version of the original WhatsApp application, offering a plethora of additional features and customization options not available in the official version. OGWhatsApp Download It is developed by independent developers and allows users to enjoy an extended range of functionalities beyond what is provided in the original WhatsApp.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by Ojimmu95: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2023
qleyo:

Hi, good evening ma, how can I reach you, I need your guidance.
Thanks a tonne.
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by xelavin904: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
The "CAGDI Sewayojan Portal" in Uttar Pradesh, India, stands as a pioneering digital platform aimed at facilitating rural prosperity and agricultural growth. This initiative, spearheaded by the Chief Minister of the state, embodies a visionary approach by integrating technology and agriculture to enhance the livelihoods of farmers and rural communities. The portal serves as a vital resource, offering comprehensive information about various government schemes, subsidies, loans, and opportunities for farmers and entrepreneurs. Through its user-friendly interface, the CAGDI Sewayojan Portal empowers individuals to access essential resources that can foster sustainable agricultural practices, foster economic empowerment, and drive overall rural development in Uttar Pradesh.

For More information visit: https://www.sarkariyojnaye.com/cagdi-recruitment-application-form-download/ and https://www.sarkariyojnaye.com/uttar-pradesh-rojgar-mela-sewayojan-online-registration/
Re: Can One Be A Web Developer And Software Engineer At The Same Time? by preciouswoman66(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
chim14:
So so stupid questions on this programming section

Plane wey people dey see with common eye so before the wright brothers, that idea of man flying is childish..

You no see when that question was ask? undecided

(1) (Reply)

C Programming Challenge To Be Solved Under 10 Minutes / Exception In Thread "main" NoclassDefFoundError; Class Name / Benefits Of Hacking, Reliable Schools Offering It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.