Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Unhappy...needs Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unhappy...needs Help (1614 Views)

JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo / "I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help / Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
I've been having mood swings for a couple of months..mostly been unhappy
I'll be 18 next month and I just finished my 200 level.
I've been too judgemental and tends to think low of my self
It all started when someone(a friend) just criticized one thing I did(I thought too much about it).Since then, I have been having problem with myself
The little thing d guy said turned to another thing in me.
I was tired of school, can't think clearly and from that day
I, also have been too judgmental on people around me and on my self.
I've had distorted appetite, slept too much at a time (characteristics of depression).I really need HELP before resumption in October

N.B: I am currently doing well in my Academics
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Cutehector(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Op abeg u dey see ur period?

1 Like

Re: Unhappy...needs Help by poshest(f): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
you need the holy spirit. just invite him into your life everyday. you wil ve this internal peace. you need to believe in yourself, dont allow what a mere mortal say about you get to you. some people are just good at bringing you down with their words even when u are at ur best. only God has the final say about your life. view life from the positive side even when things are not working at that moment. dont give anyone the chance to talk down on you. always believe you are the best. all the best
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2015
You already know what the problem is. You are too judgmental. Where does judgement arise? In your thoughts! Stop thinking negative thoughts. Be kind to yourself. If you can't, stop thinking the same thoughts over and over again. They are the source of your unhappiness.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
karferguso:
I've been having mood swings for a couple of months..mostly been unhappy
I'll be 18 next month and I just finished my 200 level.
I've been too judgemental and tends to think low of my self
It all started when someone(a friend) just criticized one thing I did(I thought too much about it).Since then, I have been having problem with myself
The little thing d guy said turned to another thing in me.
I was tired of school, can't think clearly and from that day
I, also have been too judgmental on people around me and on my self.
I've had distorted appetite, slept too much at a time (characteristics of depression).I really need HELP before resumption in October

N.B: I am currently doing well in my Academics
Since you are a lady and young download lots of Niki minaj soung listen and act on every lyrics confidence and little exposure will visit u.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Since you are a lady and young download lots of Niki minaj soung listen and act on every lyrics confidence and little exposure will visit u.
lol...I am a guy..Thanx 4 d advice tho..I really appreciate
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mindfulness:
You already know what the problem is. You are too judgmental. Where does judgement arise? In your thoughts! Stop thinking negative thoughts. Be kind to yourself. If you can't, stop thinking the same thoughts over and over again. They are the source of your unhappiness.
Yes...in my thoughts..I easily and unwillingly judge myself and others

1 Like

Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
karferguso:

Yes...in my thoughts..I easily and unwillingly judge myself and others

It is good you recognize it. You are ahead of many other people in this respect.

There is a way to control these thoughts or else they will control you and your life.

One of the ways is to become aware of these thoughts the moment they arise and not to allow them to drag you in the endless and repetitive self-talk that takes place in your head. Say stop! And then concentrate on whatever you are doing in the given moment, whether it is washing plates or hands or cooking. Focus on the present! Become more conscious. Feel the water on your hands while washing your hands or smell the tomatoes when cooking. Sense your bodily sensations. Concentrate on your senses, seeing, smelling touching etc. It will be hard to stay mindful and stop the thinking but the more often you practice, the easier it will become. Enjoy! All the best.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mindfulness:

It is good you recognize it. You are ahead of many other people in this respect.

There is a way to control these thoughts or else they will control you and your life.

One of the ways is to become aware of these thoughts the moment they arise and not to allow them to drag you in the endless and repetitive self-talk that takes place in your head. Say stop! And then concentrate on whatever you are doing in the given moment, whether it is washing plates or hands or cooking. Focus on the present! Become more conscious. Feel the water on your hands while washing your hands or smell the tomatoes when cooking. Sense your bodily sensations. Concentrate on your senses, seeing, smelling touching etc. It will be hard to stay mindful and stop the thinking but the more often you practice, the easier it will become. Enjoy! All the best.
Thank you. I'll put this into practice but sometimes I feel like it'll be impossible to go back to my "normal self"
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
karferguso:

Thank you. I'll put this into practice but sometimes I feel like it'll be impossible to go back to my "normal self"

You don't have to become this or that. You just need to be.

I am not sure you get the deeper meaning but I sincerely hope it helps you to relax. Just be in the moment and not lost in thoughts.

Practice mindfulness. Find inner peace.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
Mindfulness:

You don't have to become this or that. You just need to be.

I am not sure you get the deeper meaning but I sincerely hope it helps you to relax. Just be in the moment and not lost in thoughts.

Practice mindfulness. Find inner peace.
I understand. I pray I do
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by bukatyne(f): 10:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
You have got to renew your mind.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by okirewaju(f): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Sending lots of positive vibes your way @op
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
Is quite normal to feel unhappy at some moment in your life, but dwelling in your unhappy state for long is far from normal. Being happy is not something u inherit, Is a decision you have to make. As long as we are still in this victimized world. Things that swing our emotions are numerous. Learn to tackle these negative feelings. If the feeling is overwhelming, just take a deep breath and think about your happy moments. It helps.
Be HAPPY!
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Thanks to every one.I'll try everything I have learnt so far.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2015
HenryDion:
Is quite normal to feel unhappy at some moment in your life, but dwelling in your unhappy state for long is far from normal. Being happy is not something u inherit, Is a decision you have to make. As long as we are still in this victimized world. Things that swing our emotions are numerous. Learn to tackle these negative feelings. If the feeling is overwhelming, just take a deep breath and think about your happy moments. It helps.
Be HAPPY!
Tanx bro
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by karferguso(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
okirewaju:
Sending lots of positive vibes your way @op
A'ii...expecting it
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mrcdorv:

ROTFL grin
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2015
Joavid:

ROTFL grin
Abi o ,,sey i no try ni.
Re: Unhappy...needs Help by gidjah(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2015
Dont just be too good with your course work, go get good public speaking books in book shops, get books of pple like Tim lahaye, Joel Osteen ,they will sure help u, trust me, they will.use to be just like u way back bro,but now am a lot of things o,public speaker, Minister, Teacher,Entrepruere etc.try get those and get back to ur feet.your age too counts, u r still pretty young.u may want to contact me though

(1) (Reply)

Please Read!!... Just Incase You Know Where To Find Prof. Wole Soyinka / If U Discovered Dat Ur Daughter Has This!!!*pics* / When Two Barristers Wed: See Pre Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.