Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ... (986 Views)

Must Read: My Aunt Annarose I (18+) / . / My Book Of Rants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by kay29000(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
Re: ... by iice(f): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2009
what does deceite mean?
Re: ... by Orikinla(m): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2009
kay29000:

PLS NAIRALANDERS, I NEED PEOPLE TO READ MY BOOK, AND MAKE COMMENTS. The name of my book is deceite, pls leave ur e mail address, so i can send it to you.

Kayode odusanya.
odus29@yahoo.com

Post the first five pages for members to read and comment.
Re: ... by g4grace(f): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
this is an offer i cant resist

hanged_out@yahoo.com
Re: ... by SeanT21(f): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2009
kay29000:

PLS NAIRALANDERS, I NEED PEOPLE TO READ MY BOOK, AND MAKE COMMENTS. The name of my book is deceite, pls leave ur e mail address, so i can send it to you.

Kayode odusanya.
odus29@yahoo.com

My e-mail adress is on my profile.I will live to read it.I hope its not too long though!!
Re: ... by kay29000(m): 5:11am On Mar 26, 2009
CHAPTER 1

A classroom filled with more than a dozen beautiful females, and ayo found himself staring at just one. He had had his eyes on the girl for more than a week now, since he started the computer school. Only just waitng for the right moment so he could make his move. God, i am getting to old for stuff like this, he thought to himself. Getting the girls was never a problem with him, because they always showed interest even before he walked up to them, but this one was different. She had not even looked at him for once. Not once. He had had it so easy with girls, he didn't know how to go about it if the girl was going to be difficult.
The teacher started saying something that brought his mind back to the classroom. Something about a group assignment. The girl shifted in her seat and ayo got a better look at her. Black hair, brown skin, beautiful face, long legs, shapely athletic body. The girl always kept an expressionless look on her face, so it was hard to tell the kind of person she was.
The teacher had started grouping people into three's, and giving them there various assignment titles. He'd call three names, and ask them to move up to the empty benches at the back, so they could get aquinted, and start discussing their assignments. Ayo thought of how he hated group assignments, he always liked to do his things solo. Before the university he attended went on strike a couple of weeks ago, he and a couple of his course mates had been giving a group work due to be submitted the next week. Then the strike happened, and it was 4 weeks now. He hoped nobody remembered the assignment when they resumed. He didn't even really care, because the ladies in the group always helped him out and he'd end up doing nothing. His looks had always helped him out, but not this time. Not this time.
Ayo heard the teacher call his name, and he signaled by waving his hand. Then the teacher called another name he didn't know, he didn't even know anybody's full names.
'That is the last group. And i am sorry, but you are one man down, you just have to manage.' The teacher said, but ayo didn't hear that because he just found out that he was going to be in the same group with the girl he had been day dreaming about. The girl picked up her bag and walked to the empty bench and table at the back, and ayo joined her.
'This is going to be your assignment.' The teacher said and handed them a small piece of paper.
The girl smilled briefly, and ayo caught sight of the finest set of teeth he had seen thus far. Her face was even more beautiful when she smiled.
'Hi? My name is Anu.' The girl said with a straight look on her face.
Ayo shook her hand and said ' I am Ayo. So i guess we are in the group together.'
'I guess so'
'And i can see you are not very interested in the work.'
'You guessed right.' She said and they both laughed.
'Lets just discuss the topic, then we'd go home and do some, ' Ayo was saying then he paused when his phone started to ring. He made an apology sign to the girl before answering it. He spoke for a couple of seconds, irritation on his face around the last couple of seconds of the conversation.
'Sorry about that.'
'No problem. Can i see your phone?' The girl asked with her hands outstreched. He handed it over to her, and the sony ericson W810i passed an electrical current through it for the split second their hands held it. He sure as hell felt a jolt, whether he imagined it or it really happend, he was not sure.
' Can i see your pictures?' The girl asked.
'Sure.' Ayo said and was about to reach out and show her how to navigate through the phone, but he guessed she didn't need any help, as she was already going through it. After going through a couple of pictures, she turned the phone to face him and asked.
'Your girlfirend?' Ayo looked at the picture and saw that it was the picture he had taken of yemi, just this morning.
'No. My sister.' Ayo said and she kept on fliping through the pictures without another word. This girl must be a nut case or something, maybe that is why she does not talk much, ayo thought. She had not even known him for a minute and she was going through his phone.
'Don't worry, i am not a psycho.' She said without looking up.
'What?'
'I can read people's minds, and i know what you are thinking.'
'I wasn't thinking that.' Ayo said in defence.
'Even if i couldn't read minds, your face says it all.' She said. Ayo started looking to the left with his left eye, and to the right with his right eye. Trying to get a loook at his own face. Then the girl laughed and dropped the phone on the bench.
'Are you trying to see your face or what?' She said, still laughing.
'Yes. I guess that is what i am trying to do.' He said with a chuckle.
'hilarious. Very funny.'
'So the thing about reading minds, is it true?'
'So that means you really thought i was a looney?'
'Well, kind of.'
The girl looked into space for a while before talking. 'The brain is like a radio. Not really, more like a two way device, in that it receives and lets out waves.'
'I don't get you. You mean the brain broadcast like a radio?'
'All your thoughts flow out of your brain like a wave on a frequency. And the barin also has the capacity to receive waves flowing from someone elses brain. So if you meditate hard enough, you get the frequency through which the next person to you is broadcasting, and you get all his/her thoughts.'
'No way. That's crazy.'
'It might sound crazy, but it works.'
'How are you sure?'
'Cos i tested it a couple of times and, look, i'm sorry, can we change the topic, i don't feel comfortable talking about this any longer.'
'Wow. Just a couple of seconds ago you were so happy to talk about it.'
The girl didn't say anything, just put on the expressionless face ayo had known her with, then just as ayo was about to speak, she spoke.
'I'm sorry. It's just that my mom found out what i was doing with the mind reading thing, and asked me to stop because i was really getting deeper and deeper into it. I promised her i would never do it again.'
'It seem very interesting though.'
'Get this book, "think and grow rich" by napoleon hill, he talked about it in a particular chapter.'
'Howcome i have never heard of it. It does sound really realistic.'
'I don't know. Maybe there are just somethings we should leave alone if we want to live normal lives.' She said as she retreived her phone from her pocket and was waving it at ayo.
'Oh! Cool. We use the same phone. Can i see yours?'
'Sure.' She said and handed it over to him. 'So you don't have any Indecency on your phone, how come?'
'I'm not really into Indecency.' Ayo said without lifting his head. And then he lifted his head and looked the girl straight in the eye. 'How come you have so many pictures of "jessica alba" on your phone.'
'Because i like her.'
'And so many of scarlett johanson.'
'The same reason. Although i am thinking of deleting some of the scarlett johanson pics, she is starting to piss me off.'
'Halle berry, angelina jolie, monica belucci, salma hayek, eva mendez, and this chic i do not think, '
'Let me see.' She said and leaned over to pear into the phone. 'Kerry wahsington. The girl that stared along side chris rock in "i think i love my wife".'
'Oh. Nikki right? That was her name in the movie.'
'Yeah.'
'Wow. No kim basinger, or meryl strip, or even sandra bullock, just the hoties'
'Well, I never really thought of it that way. So what's up with the work, i got to be somewhere.'
'The work?' Ayo asked. He had totally forgotten what they were put together for. 'Oh. Sorry. I totally forgot what we have to do.'
'Yeah. But more like what you have to do, cos i am not really into assignments.'
'Whoa. Why do i have to do it alone? I thought we agreed, '
'Please!' She got up just then to give him a hug and a pec on the chic. 'I'll make it up to you, i promise.' She said and started working backwards towards the door, her eyes still leveled with Ayo's. Ayo noticed a girl at the door, he had not seen before. The girl grabbed anu from behind and she jumped, faced the person, and gave her a pec on the chic. Then she turned around and gave Ayo one last look and she was gone. Ayo thought about that look, no expression, just like a stare, like a blank check.
So let me do a check on what just happened, i got to talk to the girl i have been dreaming about all week, and we are stock in a group together for at least a week, and we had a very nice conversation, and she even gave me a pec after only knowing me for just a couple of minutes, so far so good, Ayo thought to himself.
He looked around the class, and everybody was in one group discussion or the other. The teacher had left the class. 12.05 by his time, that was 55 minutes to end of the school. He packed his things and left.

CHAPTER 2

On his way home, all he could think about was anu. Did she know he had had a crush on her way before they met today. The girl was like a mystery to him. It was too good to be true. He didn't even know what attracted him so much to the girl, cos she was not really his type. Or the prototype of the type of girls he normally got attracted to. It was deeper than attraction. And there chemistry was just to fantastic.
He didn't need to open a gate cos ther house did not have one. It must have probably been built for gt bank, he thought, cos gt bank office buildings dont have gates or fences. They moved into the first flat on the ground floor of the 2 storey building. All the flats were regular 3 bedroom apartments. His neighbour's mongreal dog gave him a greeting by wagging his tail and rubbing his rear on Ayo's leg. He got away from the dog and got to the door of his apartment. It would probably just be Yemi at home, as his parents were at work and his other siblings were in school. He found the door was opened as he was about to knock on it. And just as he was about to call out Yemi's name as he stepped into the living room, she jumped on him from behind.
'Yeah. Big brother is home.'
'Get off me and stop being a child.' He said as he turned around and around to shake her off. She was a petite girl. And at eighteen, she could pass for a 13 year old. Since after she finished secondary school last year, Ayo had been her best friend and only companion. Being that she was awaiting admission and didn't like to go out much, and Ayo was the only one she was in close contact with every day in day out.
'I am a child.' She said as she got off and gave him a playful shove. He stagged a bit then just sat on the couch closest to him.
'A child? If you were in london you would have gone through that stage, what is it called?'
'You mean when they lunch the girl out to the world, and she is viable candidate for suitors?'
'Yes. You read your novels well. But stay off the romantic ones, they'll ruin the way you are suppose to think.'
'How am i suppose to think?'
'You, Aww shit. Lets just forget all this talk. What have you been up to.'
'T.V, eating, sleeping, i'm really tired of this routine.'
' Sorry, you are stock with that for now.' Ayo said as he took of his long sleeved shirt, and was left with jeans and singlet.
' So will you take me to the new cinemas today.'
'The new cinemas?'
'Yeah. The one they opened close to, '
'Yes i know about the new cinemas, but you make it seem like we had a pre-agreed arrangement.'
'Please!' She begged with her hands clasped together. Ayo's mind flashed back to earlier on in the day, when anu said the same thing. Women, they always have their way with men.
'So what car would we drive in.'
'Yes. Yes.' She shouted in triumph as she ran towards the house coridor.
'You still haven't answered my question.'
'The mechanic is bringing the audi home any minute from now.' She shouted out from her room.
The t.v was on and Ayo reached out for the remote to flip through the channels. Nigerian t.v stations were getting more and more interesting to watch. He stopped at a channel that was showing what seemed to be a soap opera. In the scene, there was a guy and and a girl talking, then the girl moved up close and kissed the guy. They actually french kissed for a couple of seconds. A real french kiss, it really dazzled Ayo. Maybe this Nigerian stations were not even safe for Yemi to watch any longer, he thought to himself. He always acted like she was his responsibility. What ever she turned out to be was up to him. Just like yesterday she was celebrating her tenth year old birthday, and he was already in university. If he didn't have problems with his academcs then, he would probably be working in a bank somewhere on the island. He didn't regret what happend, it probably happend for a reason.
His thoughts went back to anu, and he was happy he finally got to talk to her today. He'd probably invite her out to the eatery at the ground floor of the computer lesson building. He heard water splashing. Probably Yemi showering. Just as he was falling asleep, the land phone beside him shook him back to consciousness. He knocked a glass, half filled with water, to the floor as he stretched his hand to pick the call. 'Shit.' He exclaimed as he quickly picked the cup up to stop it from spilling all its content. The phone was on its second ringing session when he picked it.
'Hello?'
'Hey. Ayo you are home? Where is Yemi?'
'She's in the showers.'
Re: ... by bluespice(f): 11:28am On Mar 26, 2009
im not still decided on this undecided
Re: ... by Joan4427(f): 8:38pm On Apr 20, 2009
Hi Kay29000,

I am interested in reading and commenting on this story, but you have not made it easy to do so. Can you introduce paragraphs in the story sections? This will make it easier on the eyes and a better reading experience for your readers.  wink
Thanks!

Joan
Re: ... by stateboy: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2009
Stateboy4campus@yahoo.com.send it there pls

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Project Writing Such A Big Problem Amongst Nigerian Students? / I Need A Publisher For My Book / Any Publisher In The House - Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.