Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Common Driver - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Common Driver (508 Views)

Common Mistakes By Graduates When Job-Hunting / Common Errors Of First Time Applicants. / Common Interview Questions And How To Answer Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Driver by OnlyemmyM(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
It was a great shock to me when I carried one of my client from Lagos to Enugu with one of a well known transport company in Enugu, He was telling me that he loved my driving and I say thank you sir, he asked me "Do you enjoy this job you are doing" , Offcourse I said yes but there is a stigma attach to it, Once you tell anyone that you are a driver, you are been tag a special down grading name like "COMMON DRIVER" Drivers have no say in the society, They said drivers are smokers, drinkers, thieves, womanizers, they don't believe in individual differences could be seen in drivers, it is always believe that they are all the same, to my greatest surprise , My client told me that he himself is a driver in Germany and they respect them slot and they can sue anyone to court if been abused , and he is earning a good cash from it, I said to myself , in this our where they treat drivers like animals, you will receive insult , slap even they will arrest you with police to intimidate you and which money do you want to use to take the person to Court , when you are managing your life, I wonder when Nigerians will learn to respect their fellow humans no matter the kind of Job the person is doing, We don't know what the future holds for anyone, Thank you my fellow Nigerians... From Ekanem.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

IT Student Needed / System And Network Administrator / Vacancy- Game & Entertainment Manager (OYO-STATE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.