Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:42 PM

GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue (5333 Views)

Checkout Beautiful Coat Colours Seen In Dogs / My Gsd Has Refused To Eat / White And Black Alsatian Puppies For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2015
I've read about GSDs having different colours. Unfortunately, I lost the link but I did more research and got this....
1. Solid Liver male
2. Solid white 1yr male
3. Black and silver male
4. liver and cream young male

The German Shepherd Dog comes in
a variety of colours, coat patterns
and coat types. Coat patterns are
solid, bi colour, saddleback, and,
sable. Colours which occur are black,
blue, liver, silver, cream, tan, red, and
white. Solid pattern dogs have a coat
that is one colour.
www.steelcross-gsd.com/colours.html

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2015
I love this more Cream sable male

1 Like

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Richybang: 11:40am On Aug 23, 2015
barcaboi:
I love this more Cream sable male
he looks like caucasian
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2015
Richybang:
he looks like caucasian
just a look alike but its 100% GSD.
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2015
Finally i got the link back. Excerpts from it: Smokey aka "Blue Sapphire's Touch of Gray" the blue German Shepherd Dog at 4 years old— "Smokey is a solid blue German Shepherd. His sire, VA-1, SG, Kreislauf Zidane SCH I, Kkl1a (a) fast normal hips, normal elbows was an import from Finland. The couple that bought him was so excited and when they bred him to their solid black female they were shocked when two of the pups were an odd gray color. So off to the internet they went and, since I built BlueDogs back in 1999 as an educational reference on the blue and liver color genes in the GSD breed, a search normally brings up my site at the top of the list. That's when I get an e- mail from someone who has never even heard of blue or liver in the GSD breed before. Being a solid blue (I suspect he is dominant K self color) often means very yellow and bright wolf like eyes. For this reason not only has he, but most of our other dogs have been mistaken for wolf hybrids . One of our neighbors actually went and bought a puppy from a nearby breeder for his son. www.dogbreedinfo.com/germanshepherd.htm

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Toheeb31(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
love the blue GSD

1 Like

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Toheeb31:
love blue GSD
lots of things I dunno abt dogs upon the research I do often
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Vikkiboi(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Just like my sable Gsd.

She has changed colour like 4-5 times

Now 6month

2 Likes

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Eveezy(m): 6:51am On Aug 24, 2015
gsds have several colours, even tricoloured Gsd popularly called panda shepherd, d solid black gsd, sable Gsd which comprises of any of d common Gsd colours, be it liver, blue, black, tan combined together underlining against each other to d extent one doesn't know its particular colour and has to call it sable, I have a solid black male gsd

1 Like

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by barcaboi(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
Eveezy:
gsds have several colours, even tricoloured Gsd popularly called panda shepherd, d solid black gsd, sable Gsd which comprises of any of d common Gsd colours, be it liver, blue, black, tan combined together underlining against each other to d extent one doesn't know its particular colour and has to call it sable, I have a solid black male gsd
u'd hv sweet puppies after u mate him.....update us often about him
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by olisafincy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
Eveezy:
Do you have black GSD puppiies, im interested in a male?
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Eveezy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
olisafincy:

Do you have black GSD puppiies, im interested in a male?
No I don't have puppies, but someone commented on ur thread that has some, contact d person, isn't long haired like myn BT is nice
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by olisafincy(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
Eveezy:

No I don't have puppies, but someone commented on ur thread that has some, contact d person, isn't long haired like myn BT is nice
The guy said 100k nah so i pulled out.
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Spirit1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2015
olisafincy:

The guy said 100k nah so i pulled out.

Yes I am the person selling the ALL BLACK German Shepard.
They are slant back.
Parents imported from USA and AKC registered.
I have the paper work.

I live in the US myself and the puppies are in my house in Lagos. I don't breed to make money.
Ask anybody how easy it is to come across all black GSD.
Or ask how much people sell Slant backs in Nigeria

100k is a give away. If anyone can beat the price, let me know.

I am a dog lover.
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Eveezy(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Spirit1:

They are slant back.
I have the paper work.

I live in the US myself and the puppies are in my house in Lagos. I don't breed to make money.

I am a dog lover.
I hope u don't mind giving me ur contact or could u kindly WhatsApp me on dis number, 08178116129
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by olisafincy(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
Spirit1:

They are slant back.
I have the paper work.

I am a dog lover.
My enthusiasm for what i need depends on my purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Spirit1(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
olisafincy:

My enthusiasm for what i need depends on my purchasing power.

My brother I agree. You are absolutely right
Re: GSD Has Different Colours; Even White And Blue by Spirit1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
As per color variations; it is true that German Shepards can come in different colors. But there are acceptable standards for registration with reputable kennel clubs like AKC.

The all-black and sable varieties are acceptable standards; however, the blue and liver are considered to be serious faults and the all-white is grounds for instant disqualification.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Alaska Malamute Puppies For Sale / Long Coated German shepherd pups for sale / Advise me please(I'm scared)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.