Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Help Solve My VMWARE Problem - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Solve My VMWARE Problem (939 Views)

Please, Help Solve The Problem Of Appearing Ending Line \r\n / Help: Issues Running Ubuntu On Vmware / Help Solve My Android Sdk Manager Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
I'm trying to run a virtualized network of 6 Windows server 2008 operating systems running on VMWARE. I have all 6 installed but I'm unable to network all of them and receive connectivity throughour the 6 guest operating ssystems on the VMWARE.My host OS is a Windows Server 2008 operating system.
I have all the operating systems running IP addresses from the same subnet as the host OS,the idea was to have full connectivity throughout all OS but that isn't happening and I keep getting destination host unreachable,I managed to have one of the guest OS ping another guest OS but the receiving OS could not ping back,looking at packet statistics though I can see packets moving in and out of the adapter.
What I'm I doing wrong?
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Where are all the PROS here nw
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by shawlxAk(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
I responded on your other thread.
Simply turn on Network discovery on all guest OSes.
Ensure that file sharing is turned on too.

kode12:
Where are all the PROS here nw
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
shawlxAk:
I responded on your other thread.
Simply turn on Network discovery on all guest OSes.
Ensure that file sharing is turned on too.

I appreciate the help bro,I was able to fix it after alot of wiggling and the help of some pros here too. Are you ino database administration or deployment sir?
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by shawlxAk(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok great. Would you like to share how you fixed it exactly?
I'm mainly into Computer hardware, networking and Windows/Linux administration. But I also have knowledge in database administration.

kode12:

I appreciate the help bro,I was able to fix it after alot of wiggling and the help of some pros here too. Are you ino database administration or deployment sir?
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
shawlxAk:

I'm mainly into Computer hardware, networking and Windows/Linux administration. But I also have knowledge in database administration.

In the vm settings I had to put all network adapter @ host only mode,then place the Host and Guest OS on the same subnet turned on network discovery and file sharing as you posited and it worked.
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
shawlxAk:

Are you into Cisco systems if yes associate,professional or expert.
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by shawlxAk(m): 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Okay. No qualms bro.

kode12:

In the vm settings I had to put all network adapter @ host only mode,then place the Host and Guest OS on the same subnet turned on network discovery and file sharing as you posited and it worked.
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by shawlxAk(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yes, I'm Cisco certified. Associate. R&S
What about you? I see you're into IT as well. What is your speciality?

kode12:

Are you into Cisco systems if yes associate,professional or expert.
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by kode12: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
shawlxAk:

Yes, I'm Cisco certified. Associate. R&S
What about you? I see you're into IT as well. What is your speciality?

I'm Cisco R&S certified too,currently about to write professional exams but I'm looking for someone good centre in Lagos where the charges isn't too high. Also studying for Mcsa @the meantime too,but I'm constrained by hardware so still trying to get enough juice to power all my virtual machines
Re: Help Solve My VMWARE Problem by shawlxAk(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok, best of luck bro.

kode12:

I'm Cisco R&S certified too,currently about to write professional exams but I'm looking for someone good centre in Lagos where the charges isn't too high. Also studying for Mcsa @the meantime too,but I'm constrained by hardware so still trying to get enough juice to power all my virtual machines

(1) (Reply)

Programmers And Web Designers Needed / Help - I Forgot The Password Of A ZIP File I Passworded / You In Calabar?? Need All Kinds Of International Standard Website?? Almost Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.