Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,198 members, 7,867,466 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:42 PM

Potentials - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Potentials (323 Views)

Potentials Of History Education As A Discipline In Nigeria / POTENTIALS OF ICT ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENTS - TERM PAPER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Potentials by dunsman(f): 11:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
What is Potential?
Potential according to English dictionary means currently unrealized ability. It means an ability embedded in someone or something but not yet accessed. Note that your potential sometimes has to do with something you already engage in. You cant be a medical student and say you have the potential of being Judge, NO! Or you should be a banking professional and say you have the potential of being a doctor.

Do I have a potential?
Yes, everyone has potentials. Its just that it differs from one person to another. For example I may have the potential to be a good writer and my friend next house may have a different one. You may have the potential of a good footballer while your neighbour has a different one. We all have potentials but, in diverse ways.

Does Potential really help in life?
Yes, it does. But it depends on how quickly you discover it. Permit me to insert this, according to my experience with Football Manger 2012, whenever i manage a team, i like signing players with a lot of potentials. Preferably between the age of 14-19. But at a stage i discover that those players, when given more playing time, they tend to develop in ability more than players in the age of 25-31. So my point is, when potentials are discovered quickly it goes a long way in helping you.

How can I discover my potential?
You can actually discover your potential through the following:
1) Pray about it
2) Recognizing your current ability i.e Discovering what you are always good at. (something beneficial)
3) Consult your school counsellor
4) Talk to people that are more experienced than you, preferably your parents
5) Do not be lazy. A lazy person cant discover his potential

Was this article helpful? If YES, kindly drop your comments below and if NO kindly email us at oluwadunsinalaba@gmail.com for necessary adjustments.

Compiled by Alaba OLuwadunsin
200l, industrial relations and personnel management
University of Ilorin.

Fore more articles and write ups about creativity, lifestyle and relationship, visit www.afrikminds..com am sure there are lots of articles to help improve you mentally.
For sponsorship and advertisement, contact us at oluwadunsinalaba@gmail.com or call 08163524423.
follow on instagram at i_am_Oluwadunsin
BBM@ 59262006
like my official facebook page at Oluwadunsin Alaba

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Reg Number / University Of Nigeria Nsukka Admission / 2015/2016 Abti-american University, Yola Admission Processing Is Currently On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.