Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali (38122 Views)

Saraki’s N298m Bulletproof Car Rots Away At Customs Yard / Hamid Ali Resumes At Customs / Why Hameed Ali Is Yet To Report At Customs- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Exodus2k(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Employ the youth also
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Trustyd1(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Increase revenue by highing importation price abi, so that Nigerian suffering go continue. Cos when u import in high price u add it to the goods and the de consumers go cari de whole wahala. Nigeria go beta.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Angoni(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Restructuring and reforming are essentially the same. You have two mandates silly cow.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by jkendy(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mandate No. 4........... To false fully retire all those who you tagged to be too stubborn to control.

Back then in Kaduna State, many families suffered the pains of retrenchment during Hameed Ali era as a Military Police Administrator.

Jeje ooooo Oga retired Colonel
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by loomer: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
soe:
calm down..have you heard of TSA and blocking leakages as well as corruption?

Where dey leak?
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by zheroes(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
seesome89:
Buhari is simply a dictator
thats what we need now, are you pained? if you are you can context for president in 2019 lets see if you will win in your street.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by ndigbo: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
savio07:

Why should I contact you when I can go to the site and buy them myself? undecided

Help me tell am my broda, everyday contact me! Shey, we tell am say we nor get the app on our mobiles and lappies ?

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
loomer:

Where dey leak?
okay...sorry
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by WailingWailer00(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
These 3 things are like 1billion things
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by johnnynwa(m): 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
Igbo business men here comes the hard time. Be wise bc they're going to feast on your money. Import less now, pls.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by eaglechild: 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Very vague and non specific.
A pointer to lack of vision.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by sammhi(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
the 3 money fraud system in Nigeria gulping our revenue nad giving us 'change' are in order of notoriety
1. NNPC
2. CUSTOMs
3. FIRS
these 3 are revenue generating centres but more than half goes elsewhere rather than federation account.
imagine that a while country budget is 5 trillion ..when we make like 15 trillion or more
Good appointment PmB ...
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by enomakos(m): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ok we hear
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by savio07(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
ndigbo:

Help me tell am my broda, everyday contact me! Shey, we tell am say we nor get the app on our mobiles and lappies ?

Walahi! I just keep wondering why. Can pple be such gullible to contact him for Wat I can do with some clicks away on my small android fone. Smh...
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
These are ambiguous statements.

"Restructure" in what way?
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by focus7: 7:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Compare the objective leadership of Buhari to the clueless leadership of Jonathan. God bless Buhari, God bless Baba, God bless APC, God bless Nigeria, Sai Change.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Gbawe: 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
4. STOP CHOPPING BRIBE!!!! kiss

5. STOP HARASSING TRAVELERS!!!!! kiss

I agree with this. Those devilish, corrupt, very wicked and unprofessional custom officers in Nigeria, the worst in the world in my opinion , can put anyone off ever wanting to visit Nigeria. I remember visiting Nigeria a couple of years ago and bringing along a printer for my dad. This female custom officer tried to extort and force me to pay some bogus duty on a printer I bought for around £40.00 in the UK.

Long flight and you are tired and only want to go home. That is when someone starts barking at you as if you are a criminal over some fictitious 419 sum of money she wants to use to fuel her car that evening. I refused and told her I had paid VAT already in the UK and had the right to bring this in as my personal acquisition. When they saw I was not relenting they simply told me "carry your wahala go" . Imagine these crooks telling me that after they tried to bully me into paying money they had no legal right to collect !!!!

To be honest, Nigeria is horrible and scary. Things happen there I don't see anywhere else, because corruption and impunity reigns, and I hope Buhari instils, through his appointments, the discipline, order and professionalism some of us supported him passionately to deliver everywhere because we are simply fed up of Nigeria as she is presently constituted. A nation where anything goes and people act so wickedly in trying to make money from others. Some of my experience in Nigeria are even too bitter for me to repeat and I hope Buhari can force the attitudinal change that would help Nigeria become 'sane'.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Omeny: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
That's their Biz!
Custom has been their birthright since 10BC yet we free guys keep pushing forward because we are purposeful rather than wait for political appointments!
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by IYANGBALI: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
4. STOP CHOPPING BRIBE!!!! kiss

5. STOP HARASSING TRAVELERS!!!!! kiss
6, identify and retrench pot belly officers
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by Gbawe: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
IYANGBALI:
6, identify and retrench pot belly officers

Indeed. The ones who lost their professionalism decades ago under IBB and only go to work daily to extort Nigerians for their children's London school fees. Buhari has his work cut out for him but I back him to succeed. If anyone can then he will in my opinion.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by IYANGBALI: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. The ones who lost their professionalism decades ago under IBB and only go to work daily to extort Nigerians for their children's London school fees. Buhari has his work cut out for him but I back him to succeed. If anyone can then he will in my opinion.
he sure gonna succeed there
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by damton(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
that's a well handed down directive. Now he should live up to expectation
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by vuwodogu(f): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
that's Some of my experience in Nigeria are even too bitter for me to repeat and I hope Buhari can force the attitudinal change that would help Nigeria become 'sane'.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by billyG(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari na intelligent guy he knows d rot in customs,he choose d right guy 2 clean d mess & dismantle d cable in NCS something no naija presid has d ball 2 do. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by JuicyStar: 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote author=Hardrockyng post=37908532]Comptroller-General of Customs Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd), officially resumed his position on Thursday.

http://ynaija.com/hameed-ali-customs-basic-things-president-buhari/

The new Customs boss stated that President Muhammadu Buhari assigned him to do three basic things in the service.

During his maiden meeting with the management of the service in Abuja, Ali listed the three mandates as;

-To increase revenue generation.

-To restructure Customs.

-To reform Customs.

A statement was released to this effect by Customs spokesperson, Wale Adeniyi.

The statement quoted Ali to have said: “The mandate he (Buhari) has given me are three basic things: go to Customs, reform Customs, restructure Customs and increase the revenue generation. Simple.

I don’t think that is ambiguous, I don’t think that is cumbersome. It is precise and I believe that is what all of you are here to do.[
/quote]

Very simple... Oga start work sharply. This time wey still dey use announce ur duties u for don accomplish number 1. Wish u the very best. Ur success is for our collective benefit.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by mayorkyzo: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
If the instructions are these simple then a real custom officer could have done the job...not a retired military man..even though people say they are corrupt buhari's "body language" woulda changed them...
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by mudiana(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
just three things he was asked to do. not 7 point agenda... only 3 simple things.God bless Nigeria
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by youngaz(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
if dey born u well no do am oooh u hear grin grin grin grin well u no wu u are yoying wit sha grin grin grin
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by kokoA(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nobody has noticed this yet. Baba is trying to increase government revenue as much as possible. Within this 100 days he has done serious work with the top 3 revenue generating agencies namely; NNPC, FIRS and Customs, he has also appointed the best brains from the 3 major ethnic groups namely Kachikwu (NNPC, igbo), Fowler (FIRS, yoruba), Hameed (Customs, Hausa). I see plenty money coming in for funding of FG projects grin and with the fear of Baba in peoples' mind I bet all government projects will be handled effectively by civil servants and contractors. Na we go beg the old man to run for second term. Watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by TheMadame(f): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
The management structure has to be dismantled and all Dikkos cronies must be retired.
Clear out the top echelons of the service by retiring identified corrupt officers.
Promote reputable officers to positions of authority.
Boost morale of officers by paying them salaries in accordance to what they generate.
Instil discipline in the service by streamlining the promotions system that Dikko stagnated for six years.
Proffesionalise the force by weeding out tired legs and employing young graduates.
Rotate officers regularly so that no one stays on a seat too long.
Introduce proper computerisation and reduce face to face contact between officers and importer/exporters.
It is not so difficult.

1 Like

Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by austelright(m): 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
may God gives you wisdom and direction in your news duties. I ill be praying for you to succeed, custom needs clean up.
Re: 3 Basic Things Buhari Asked Me To Do At Customs – Hameed Ali by cabaliciouscabal: 12:33am On Sep 12, 2015
Sorry Nigeria customs, it is no longer business as usual, wea u will chop 80% an remit on 20% to d federation account.

Nigeria Police Reform is Loading.........

An Air Force Officer Will Probably Head Dat Department.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Army Has Not Staged Coup Again In Nigeria — Obasanjo / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) / Special Forces Kill Scores Of Bandits Terrorising Abuja-Kaduna Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.