Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently (20397 Views)

How To Remove Monkey Test & Time Service Malware From An MTK Android Phone / Monkey Test And Time Service Malware On Android Devices / I Need Help Monkey Test Virus Is Killing My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by tegak10: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2015
To remove this virus you need to install busybox,
Terminal emulator, Root explorer pro and you must
have Supersu not superuser which is installed by
Kingoroot. If you have rooted your device with
kingoroot, so you need to change that.

Here is how to change that:
Google this: how to get ride and replace kinguser with
supersu app (Follow first zidroid link) I'm not able to submit links so im going to write the
exact apps with developer names to download from
Playstore.

Busybox Installer by JRummy Apps Inc.
Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich
Root Explorer Pro by Speed Software

Once you have installed everything here is what to do
in steps:
[Note: USB DEBUGGING MUST BE ENABLED Turn on Usb
Debugging by going to settings> developer options>
Usb debugging]

1) Turn off wifi/3G/4G, and then go to settings> apps>
all> disable time service and monkey test. (If already
frozen via titanium backup or other app) skip this.

2) Open Root explorer go to system/xbin and see if
there is any file starting with a dot (eg: .ext.base) also
note that every (.) file has diff permission then the rest
of other files. So just remember those files with dots
because those are the one that you're going to
remove in terminal emulator.

3) Go back to system and then go to Priv-app folder
and look for these two files
[1] cameraupdate.apk [2] providerCertificate.apk and
also notice permission of these two files are different
then the rest of Apks so these two are the base of MT
TS virus and needs to be deleted.

5) WHAT TO TYPE IN TERMINAL EMULATOR or ADB (CMD
Windows)

adb devices (Type this line if you're using adb
Windows)
adb shell
su
cd system/priv-app
chattr -iaA providerCertificate.apk rm providerCertificate.apk
chattr -aA cameraupdate.apk
rm cameraupdate.apk
cd ..
cd system/xbin
chattr -iaA .b rm .b
chattr -iaA .ext.base
rm .ext.base
chattr -iaA .sys.apk
rm .sys.apk
[NOTE: If you are using older version than KK you need not to type priv-app just type cd system/app]

6) Please see if your device xbin has more files with
dots because these are three files I had so if there are
more you need to remove them with the same
command I mentioned above (e.g:cd system/xbin
[Enter] chattr -iaA .New.file & then rm .New.file and
make sure you type the file name correctly just as providerCertificate C is capital otherwise permission
wont change.

7) Exit Emulator/ADB shutdown your device go to
recovery clear cache and restart.
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by ineriteitee: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hope you've tried it?
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by ineriteitee: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Endi(m): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2015
You don't even understand what you copied and pasted. Na people like una dey copy people name join for WAEC. Psst!

2 Likes

Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Nugess(f): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Dscovered the two on my phone last night,i really nid to do somethin about it but i dnt understand wat u wrote
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by jericco1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
Simplify it pls
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Mafia4life(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2015
If it is in early stage, root your phone. Install "Stubborn Trogan killer" or search for the word "Ghost Push" on Playstore. You will see the app. After installing, scan and heal your phone by granting SuperSU. After everything, Use good anti virus like CM security or avast to scan for apps contaminated by the virus an remove. I will advice you install titanium backup to trace suspicious apps installed as system app. Such as ikeyboard, camera update, system update, pipps, Certificate update, and so many. Free or install them. Inshort, go an flash your phone because seeing these means that virus has gone deep in the phone.

I am receiving 3 to 4phones infected by this virus daily in my office and report says this virus is affecting 600,000 phones daily according CM security

1 Like

Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Lanretoye(m): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
after serious headache and research i finally solved mine...the OP needs to modify his post,it worked tho.
If u still have issues with it,u can PM me
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Koolmexxi(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lanretoye:
after serious headache and research i finally solved mine...the OP needs to modify his post,it worked tho.
If u still have issues with it,u can PM me
Bros I go need ur help. My infinix note is killing me with adwares and silly apps Dat have refused to uninstall.
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Lanretoye(m): 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Koolmexxi:

Bros I go need ur help. My infinix note is killing me with adwares and silly apps Dat have refused to uninstall.
are u in lag?
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Koolmexxi(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2015
Lanretoye:
are u in lag?
No I'm in Abuja.. Can u help me out with processes to rectify and fix d issues?
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Somebody should pls help me identify the problem and possibly solution to my Lenovo A101.

I bought the tablet online with this features: 2G RAM and 32G ROM. I rooted the phone and have been enjoying it until when I discovered I cannot create new file folder in the phone storage. New apps I downloaded refused to work efficiently because file folder cannot be created automatically by the tablet. The Phone storage indicates that I have used 6G from the 32G that came with the tablet. So I tried deleting some filea which was successful but I could create new folder even after that. I connected the tablet to my computer and the phone storage capacity shows to total 4.5G instead of 32G that was built in it as described and found on the tab itself. I download CPU-Z and it shows that the tablet is built with 32G while my computer is showing 4.5G

I formatted the tablet and used it fine again until the files in the phone storage made up to 5G and the whole thing freezes again. I was surfing the net when i saw a notification telling me about a trojan which has taken over myphone storage. I downloaded CM security and avast but nothing was found. I have searched the Internet and no solution was found. I cannot even define what the problem is.

Pls those who know what possibly the problem could be should pls come to my aid. I really want to make use of my tab to it fullness. Thanks
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by faisalasghar18: 1:27am On Dec 10, 2015
Bro you have discussed very difficult method which will not be understand by beginners so i suggest beginners to get rid of it by This method
http://www.pkhelper.com/2015/10/how-to-remove-monkey-test-time-service-virus-without-resetting-android.html

HOW TO REMOVE MONKEY TEST VIRUS AND TIME SERVICE VIRUS FROM AN ANDROID DEVICE WITHOUT RESETTING AND LOSING DATA.HOW TO GET RID OF ANDROID SYSTEM HAS STOPPED WORKING AND SECURITY PLUG IN ETC.

Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Ali929(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Pls help my tecno phantom pad 2 g9 keeps installing several apps, screen keeps twitching, monkey test and time service apps are there. Am not a technical person, don't understand all these procedures. Please can anyone help on how i can remove these viruses please. I have taken d tab to slot and some engineers the phone was formated yet the viruses are still there

Am already tired of d tab. Pls anyone who can help remove them. I am in lagos
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by haibe(m): 2:35am On Dec 20, 2015
Or just backup ur files and flash the phone..
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Carlcaresophia: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Ali929:
Pls help my tecno phantom pad 2 g9 keeps installing several apps, screen keeps twitching, monkey test and time service apps are there. Am not a technical person, don't understand all these procedures. Please can anyone help on how i can remove these viruses please. I have taken d tab to slot and some engineers the phone was formated yet the viruses are still there

Hi Ali! As for the problem you mentioned ,you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and country you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Carlcaresophia: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2015
Ali929:

You can take your phone ,along with your receipt or warranty card to our Carlcare Service Center. Below please find contact information of our service centers in Lagos, you can choose the one nearest to you, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. Thank you!
1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279
Re: How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently by Ali929(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

You can take your phone ,along with your receipt or warranty card to our Carlcare Service Center. Below please find contact information of our service centers in Lagos, you can choose the one nearest to you, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. Thank you!
1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Save Your Phone When It Falls In Water / Airtel 1GB For ₦200 Data Plan And Code, Valid For 7 Days / TECNO POVA 5G Announced With Dimensity 900 And 6000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.